The Raquel Rose
Jerkmate

Good places to dance!

apl16

Jul 27, 2011
Look left. Way left.
I haven't been out dancing for a long time. I'm looking for a good place to pick up my heels. Not into the discount/rap scene. I'm more of a old school rock 'n roll or Caribbean style.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

60s-Rocker

Oct 20, 2009
Surrey
Many Legions around town have live music and dancing similar to what you are looking for. Just Google the local sites and look at weekend entertainment to see what bands are playing so that you can judge the type of music available. Good luck.

Rock on

bdan

Apr 11, 2015
Many Legions around town have live music and dancing similar to what you are looking for. Just Google the local sites and look at weekend entertainment to see what bands are playing so that you can judge the type of music available. Good luck.

Rock on
What he said.

Most "clubs" are geared to the 19-35 demographic.

I had a blast going to the Legions when I lived there. Depending on your age it was a great place to meet Ladies ... if you can dance.

LoadShooter

Jul 3, 2011
What he said.

Most "clubs" are geared to the 19-35 demographic.

I had a blast going to the Legions when I lived there. Depending on your age it was a great place to meet Ladies ... if you can dance.
When you are talking about meeting ladies at the Legion, how old are we talking here?

jgg

In the air again.
Apr 14, 2015
Varies now
When you are talking about meeting ladies at the Legion, how old are we talking here?
They have opened up their membership. All ages.

Chacha

Feb 11, 2015
If you want Caribbean music/Dancehall Reggae, try the basement of Calabash in gastown

bdan

Apr 11, 2015
I love the legions ,always have always will ...started going to them with my grand parents when I was still a teenager 19 , Alberta , the Okanogan and on the coast .
The people are friendly and real , food is usually delicious and cheap, and the dance floor gets packed.It is like going to a great wedding reception with great band or DJ .
I couldn't agree more!

As to the age range? I guess it depends on the night but it seemed to range anywhere from 30+ to 75 lol.

PerazziDave

Mar 19, 2004
Home of Bellis Fair Mall
I have no idea what Caribbean style is but if the includes Cuba and you like Salsa , Dance World on Imperial in Burnaby has a dance every friday night !!!
and Cinco de Mayo is comimg up :) awww not til May :)
Oh what a feeling, to go dancing on the ceiling. They even wrote a song about it, must be a great place to dance and hardly ever crowded.:music:

PD

Pink Cherry