Luxxxe Affaire

Extremely....Stable......Genius?? And other political diatribe.

Sifupoon

Jan 24, 2019
In softness, strength.
A couple of nites ago. A person of some sort of fame south of us said
"I'm an extremely stable genius. K?"

Has anyone ever heard a person say that about themselves on National Television?
Other than maybe....... Al Bundy off of Married with Children.

Sigmunds Freud must be clammoring to get out of his grave to assess this nutbar.
Holy Moly. But yet our local news doesn't even give one peep about the libs passing
Bill C-71

There goes another piece of our freedoms for law abiding firearm owners.
Yup............we're to blame for everything.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

gonna have to vote PC this fall to reverse the liberal idiocy.

wetnose

Mar 23, 2003
South Vancouver
"A few things spring to mind.
Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace -all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.
Plus,we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.
I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.
But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what ajoke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.
Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.
And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.
Thereis never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It'sall surface.
SomeAmericans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
Well,we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.
Andin Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All ourheroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, OliverTwist.
Trumpis neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
He'snot even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.
He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.
There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.
So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah,he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people,and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard tomiss.
After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shite. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and soon ad infinitum.
God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.
He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.
And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
'My God... what... have... I... created?
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

-Nate White

rlock

May 20, 2015
A couple of nites ago. A person of some sort of fame south of us said
"I'm an extremely stable genius. K?"

Has anyone ever heard a person say that about themselves on National Television?
Other than maybe....... Al Bundy off of Married with Children.

Sigmunds Freud must be clammoring to get out of his grave to assess this nutbar.
Holy Moly. But yet our local news doesn't even give one peep about the libs passing
Bill C-71

There goes another piece of our freedoms for law abiding firearm owners.
Yup............we're to blame for everything.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

gonna have to vote PC this fall to reverse the liberal idiocy.

This is Canada. We're not some fucked up puritan republic ruled by a succession of "extremely stable" moronic god-emperors. That means no "2A" bullshit, ever applied here, and fuck any party like the Ameri-Cons who betray Queen & country in favour of that toxic cult.

"Foreign influence on Canadian elections" ? There it really is, coming from Washington not Moscow.

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
I don't know why everyone has a massive problem against Trump just because he's unconventional.

It's so easy to jump aboard the hate train simply because he's politically incorrect and doesn't give a fuck what people think.

Hitler was a lovable leader who genocided a race of people. Mao was a lovable leader who killed 50 million Chinese.

Stalin was a lovable leader who killed 25 million Russians. Obama was a lovable leader who killed 2 Million Syrians and Libyans and the reason why modern identity politics exist.

Nobody criticized Obama or Trudeau just because they have good PR.

Trump pulled out of two wars. I'd say he's ahead.

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
Trump is an idiot with a dangerously tenuous grasp on the issues. He's a blowhard that cares more about curating his brand than contributing (if he were even capable of it). That was my opinion of him before he got into politics and he has done nothing to change it.

For me, it has nothing to do with whether he's likeable. I actually often get along with people that might be considered unlikeable. I like blunt. I like straight shooters. But a bullshit artist is not a straight shooter. He only plays one on TV.

storm rider

Banned
Dec 6, 2008
Calgary
Trump is an idiot with a dangerously tenuous grasp on the issues. He's a blowhard that cares more about curating his brand than contributing (if he were even capable of it). That was my opinion of him before he got into politics and he has done nothing to change it.

For me, it has nothing to do with whether he's likeable. I actually often get along with people that might be considered unlikeable. I like blunt. I like straight shooters. But a bullshit artist is not a straight shooter. He only plays one on TV.
Say what you want and have whatever opinions you want.I would take Trump over that asshat clownshoes "I am a feminest" substitute drama teacher Trudeau who only got into politics because his best buddy Gerald Butts convinced him he could get elected via name recognition and he could ride his fathers coat tails.

What I like about Trump is that he dislikes political correctness and he will call a spade a spade not to mention yeah he is dead right about the media with regards to "fake news" as well as how massively left wing both media and Hollywood have become.

SR

golferjohn

Dec 25, 2015
I prefer not being lied to...daily...hourly. And the lies are laughably proven to be lies with the simplest of common sense or a modicum of research. Do I want him representing me and my country? Absolutely not! My values include compassion, honesty and humility...all of which are absent in that person. Would you want your son/daughter to look up to him? If your answer is 'yes', how many lies would you have to say to make his behavior acceptable and a model for a leader?
What blows me away is the fact that at least a third of our population side with him. Can someone please explain why? All the reasons listed by 'wetnose' above are exhibited every day...but I'll add that abject greed seems to be his sole motivator. Why isn't this obvious to everyone? The Presidency is just another 'cash-grab for this person, plain and simple

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
I prefer not being lied to...daily...hourly. And the lies are laughably proven to be lies with the simplest of common sense or a modicum of research. Do I want him representing me and my country? Absolutely not! My values include compassion, honesty and humility...all of which are absent in that person. Would you want your son/daughter to look up to him? If your answer is 'yes', how many lies would you have to say to make his behavior acceptable and a model for a leader?
What blows me away is the fact that at least a third of our population side with him. Can someone please explain why? All the reasons listed by 'wetnose' above are exhibited every day...but I'll add that abject greed seems to be his sole motivator. Why isn't this obvious to everyone? The Presidency is just another 'cash-grab for this person, plain and simple
As if a different politician wouldn't lie to you daily.

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
Even if that equivalence were 100% true it doesn't make Trump preferable. I'd prefer a cautious liar to a bombastic one.

I feel anyone who finds Trump refreshing would find a bull in a china shop refreshing.

golferjohn

Dec 25, 2015
I thought this was specific to the current occupant of The White House? If we're wanting to go down the classic Fox News tactic of 'what-aboutism', I'd cede that the vast majority of our leaders (especially in the last 30 years + Nixon) lied/obscured/equivocated with impunity...but no where near the volume (both number and noise) as this

BobbyMcgee

Feb 3, 2014

so you don’t like justin trudeau is what you are really are saying then?

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
I thought this was specific to the current occupant of The White House? If we're wanting to go down the classic Fox News tactic of 'what-aboutism', I'd cede that the vast majority of our leaders (especially in the last 30 years + Nixon) lied/obscured/equivocated with impunity...but no where near the volume (both number and noise) as this
I care less about what someone says than what someone does.

If you've been in the world of business, law, finance, real estate, these people all lie to get results.

If the results from lying is overall better wellbeing and economic growth, then so be it.

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
Also, it's weird that you would call the "what-aboutism" being a tactic when there really wasn't any alternative to the election in the US, nor have you advocated for a strong point why other leaders' qualities subscribe to your identity.

Picking 1 leader to hate on out of hundreds vs talking about 100s and not the one are sort of the same tactic.

Sifupoon

Jan 24, 2019
In softness, strength.
Even if that equivalence were 100% true it doesn't make Trump preferable. I'd prefer a cautious liar to a bombastic one.

I feel anyone who finds Trump refreshing would find a bull in a china shop refreshing.
or........... a turd in an outhouse.

What I am really saying is I loathe Donald Trump and have from the first day I heard of him.

I don't like Trudeau either, but Trump is on a whole new level.

like i said above, and that truly is on a whole new level.
Nixon was and Trudeau is the odor in the outhouse.
Trump?? thats a little further down in the well.

One thing I really pray for is that subsequent administrations who take over after the
trump admin is gone do not use his tactics and say, well he got to do it so why can't we?

Wouldn't it be something if they step up to the plate and say we are
going to bring back morality, honesty, decency and a whole list of other human
"GOOD" qualities in gov't.
It would be so refreshing to see someone grab the bullshit by the horns and
tell the free world we will never stoop to his level and will build true democracy for
what the constitution stands for and stand by it.

All they have to do is read their own motto at the base of the statue of liberty.

I means I'm no politician but it just seems that the majority of america is screaming out for
stability in so many ways from what trump has brought it to be.

And then their is the John McCain story............... :fear:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/us/politics/trump-mccain-ship.html

Last edited:

Sifupoon

Jan 24, 2019
In softness, strength.
This is Canada. We're not some fucked up puritan republic ruled by a succession of "extremely stable" moronic god-emperors. That means no "2A" bullshit, ever applied here, and fuck any party like the Ameri-Cons who betray Queen & country in favour of that toxic cult.

"Foreign influence on Canadian elections" ? There it really is, coming from Washington not Moscow.

Just for clarity, which part of my comment were you referring to? Where in my post did you get out of it
that I was making reference to "Foreign influence on Canadian elections"?
I'm really curious.

golferjohn

Dec 25, 2015
Also, it's weird that you would call the "what-aboutism" being a tactic when there really wasn't any alternative to the election in the US, nor have you advocated for a strong point why other leaders' qualities subscribe to your identity.

Picking 1 leader to hate on out of hundreds vs talking about 100s and not the one are sort of the same tactic.
My original post was specific to the current administration and my 'what-aboutism' comment was just an illustration of the tactics used by his supporters in an attempt to change the discussion from his behavior (which I believe is wholly indefensible) to the conduct of any/every one that preceded him. If you have any argument that can rationalize his specific behavior, I'm all ears, but bringing-up any others is irrelevant to the discussion.

rlock

May 20, 2015
Just for clarity, which part of my comment were you referring to? Where in my post did you get out of it
that I was making reference to "Foreign influence on Canadian elections"?
I'm really curious.
That people (not you) have been making such a big deal - paranoia really - about Russia or China influencing Canadian elections, when there is already massive infiltration of the Canadian political process by US lobby groups and political organizations.

One example is how the Koch Brothers control the Fraser institute, and have a huge amount of influence over CAPP.

More specific to the gun issue here, the Canadian gun lobby is controlled by the US NRA. "Inspired by", they would probably say, but it still represents allegiance to US politics and values, subverting Canada's very different traditions in favour of the US "militia" model of gun ownership and rabid opposition to any form of control over firearms. Go to any one of these "Canadian" organizations, and read what they are saying: all the arguments are supplied by US websites, based on US rationales and conceptions of "rights" that come from the US constitution.

I could point out that a lot of other shit leaks up here from the US, on the left also. Berkeley-style political correctness, de-platforming, statue removals, rape culture, etc. ... not any better, is it? More importantly, these puritanical tactics are not really Canadian in spirit. It's not that we all have the same opinions, but once upon a time we could actually handle it when other's didn't have ours.

Our political "leaders" want to get caught up the trends of America's "culture war"? This makes them followers, not leaders. At worst, it shows some of them to be gutless toadies. It's still America's "culture war". We weren't a country born with a puritanical streak, so why act is if any of that shit applies to us? Right or left, this is a betrayal of Canada's true nature. So I have no respect for those organizations and movements that deliberately bring it here as some sort of cynical campaign tactic.

The mainstream media up here are always aiding an abetting this process too, because they are lazy and too in love with "the game" to question whether it should even be played.

But of course, if you listened to them or the politicians, it's always "OMG RUSSIA EXPRESSED AN OPINION, AND THE PUBLIC ACTUALLY GOT TO HEAR IT! THE SKY IS FALLING !" - while they conveniently forget how much other nations (the US most of all) already use Canada as part of their ideological battle-space, and how often Canadian "leaders" are willing to let them.

badbadboy

Nov 2, 2006
In Lust Mostly
Since the Inauguration in 2016, Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star has been keeping a running tally of the lies, exaggerations and bizarre claims by #45.

It's now nearly 5000 lies since 2016.

https://www.thestar.com/news/donald-trump-fact-check.html

Lying is but one issue. It's the conspiracy theory stuff and accusing the FBI, CIA and DNI of being a big part of his delusion that every deep state organization is out to get him.

Yet, his base loves him. As long as he keeps putting known Conservative Judges on the Supreme Court.

Dems better get focused on 2020 and not go down the rabbit hole of Impeachment.

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
My original post was specific to the current administration and my 'what-aboutism' comment was just an illustration of the tactics used by his supporters in an attempt to change the discussion from his behavior (which I believe is wholly indefensible) to the conduct of any/every one that preceded him. If you have any argument that can rationalize his specific behavior, I'm all ears, but bringing-up any others is irrelevant to the discussion.
- Pulled the US out of Syria, Libya and promised a non-interventionist policy
- Enacted legislation to prevent lobbying by several powerful groups for 5 years
- Accelerated availability of generic drugs through the FDA to lower drug prices and loosen grip on the drug companies, resulting in lower drug-billing in insurances (which were never addressed under ACA)
- Massive tax reform that repatriated billions of dollars back into the US

Here's stuff that he did that was good for US that sucked for everyone else:

- Paris Accord Termination
- The Great Wall of US
- Made the NATO spend more money rather than US footing the bill alone
- Fucked Iran in Trade
- Fucked Mexico in Trade
- Fucking Canada in Trade
- Fucking China in Trade
- Embarked on US foreign policy on his first term. By the way, most US president's never do any foreign affairs on their first term.

Most people read the news to get their source and information and seldom consider reality, logical analysis and original research. You deserve to be lied to, over and over. If you don't want to be lied to, then gain power. That's how the world works - Lie or be lied to. The average voter is too stupid to know what's good or bad, or too emotional to tell what's good from bad.

The best leaders all lie. They lie to keep people focused on the wrong things while they do the real work. It's a military, business and political tactic and it works incredibly well.

Vancouver Escorts