Canucks got the first Win. Anyone believe them?

Good-life

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2018
738
402
63
I believe Manny Malhotra is a good coach. Do you believe Elias Pettersson and Liam Ohgen will be outstanding?
I don't believe T.Demko and F. Chytil, they should be bought out. K. Lankinen should be the No. 1 goalie.
 

Pumped

Well-known member
Dec 13, 2022
650
1,514
93
I believe Manny Malhotra is a good coach. Do you believe Elias Pettersson and Liam Ohgen will be outstanding?
I don't believe T.Demko and F. Chytil, they should be bought out. K. Lankinen should be the No. 1 goalie.
It was ONE game. And if the Oilers had had a goalie in net this would have been a 6-1 game easily (I had guessed a 9-1 blowout but Jarry ... oh Jarry!)

So I believe they will be a bit better team this year. And I believe that the owner will start rubbing himself gleefully with thoughts of potential playoff revenue. And I believe that the team won't make the playoffs but will probably screw themselves out of a decent early round draft pick.

Canucks hockey. It's predictably mediocre and frustrating.
 

masterpoonhunter

"Marriage should be a renewable contract"
Sep 15, 2019
3,297
5,608
113
I view this one as an Oiler loss vs a Canuck win but a win is a win.
And I have always been a fan of Malhotra. If he is given the right tools, he'll shape the team right.
Looking at the NHL news from last night, Babcock did not hold back calling out the pathetic defensive play of his team. Same old same old when it comes to the Oil.
Culture change is needed.
 

Booblover123

Active member
Oct 27, 2013
260
31
28
They will be better than last year but by how much depends on Demko,he wont be back tell xmas now.Peterson should be better and the Bro line looks like it will be the top line,Cotter looked good but its a long season 83 more to go.
 

sexpanther69

Well-known member
Dec 26, 2013
819
965
93
Sure it was fun but we also beat Calgary 6-1 first game last year

Cotter our new Sherwood

But on a side note, Oilers ain't goin nowhere with Tristan Jarry in net and a McDavid wont be sticking around, Gretzky all over again for them 😂
 

Cablover69

Active member
Apr 6, 2019
335
178
43
Sure it was fun but we also beat Calgary 6-1 first game last year

Cotter our new Sherwood

But on a side note, Oilers ain't goin nowhere with Tristan Jarry in net and a McDavid wont be sticking around, Gretzky all over again for them 😂
Yes agreed they didn’t address the goaltending and their defence is still weak …mind u it looks like Bouchard may an early Norris candidate .
 

Good-life

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2018
738
402
63
What a crazy game last night! The Oilers jumped out to a commanding lead, going ahead 5-0, 6-1, 7-2 8-2 and 8-3 on the 3rt period. Wonder how many fans shake their heads and left before the Canucks staving off a furious comeback. You’d think the scores were a joke, 8-2! How’d it get to 9-7? Best Canucks loss ever and a good game to watch, especially on the 3rd period.(y)
 

masterpoonhunter

"Marriage should be a renewable contract"
Sep 15, 2019
3,297
5,608
113
What a crazy game last night! The Oilers jumped out to a commanding lead, going ahead 5-0, 6-1, 7-2 8-2 and 8-3 on the 3rt period. Wonder how many fans shake their heads and left before the Canucks staving off a furious comeback. You’d think the scores were a joke, 8-2! How’d it get to 9-7? Best Canucks loss ever and a good game to watch, especially on the 3rd period.(y)
Tough for any team to stay with the Oilers when their offense clicks like it did last night. The Canucks showed real effort and heart to come back as they did.
Mind you
I have been saying this for a long time, the Oilers are not a complete team. Their collapses and pathetic defensive play, goal keeping included has been and is their Achilles heel. The Canucks did exactly what you do when you come across a team like what Edmonton has been in these two games, stay with it, show your heart and you will win. I would go so far as to predict the Canucks to be in the playoffs come spring '27.
 
Vancouver Escorts