Luxxxe Affaire

2024 Canadian Political Thread

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
I always get a chuckle from people who take Tristin Hopper and the National Post seriously.

Thanks for the laugh.

you think he wrote the RCMP report?

you think you're going to get facts from the CBC? Toronto Star? lol

42 million on a gun grab that hasn't grabbed one gun, another couple Billion to come if they stay in power

remember the guns that were killing everyone, that had to be taken away from law abiding gun owners, 4 years ago

where are all the bodies? in the minds of Liberals/NDP

the liberals have increased the public sector, all provinces/muni too

it's around 40% of our economy now

it's the reason why everyone is poorer and the predictions are it's only going to get worse

the AP came out with an article saying "economists" read lefty professors, say that a carbon tax is the cheapest way to

reduce emission, except, it hasn't

BC's emissions are rising, going to get worse, due to LNG plants, immigration

just like the rest of Canada, where emissions aren't going down

Trudeau just told Greece, the 3rd country, to fuck off, no LNG for you

and they just didn't want it for themselves, they have ports to distribute it to other countries that need to get off Russian gas

which would/could reduce emissions elsewhere, displacing coal

no, that's bad, but all that coal going thru the Green Fuckers in BC, that's fine

mostly from the U.S., cause their Greens won't let it on their west coast going to CHINA

who burns more coal than the rest of the world combined

yeah, facts, who needs em!!

Crookedmember

Crooked Member
Sep 2, 2017
Trudeau's time is rapidly running out.

He can go back to being just another annoying trust fund kid.
Trudeau will win again in '25.

Poilievre--who has no education and who has never, ever held a real job--will never be Prime Minister.

Because on election day, swing voters are not going to support a guy who knows nothing except for how to be an abject asshole.

Trust me. A 6 week campaign is going to amplify Poilievre's inability to answer questions, his puerileness, and his general assholeness.

Four more years.

Reactions: MRGREEN and ivvv6

80watts

May 20, 2004
Victoria
I think Canadians want Canada to be for Canadians. Alot of the social services we have came from the 50/60 after WW2. Canadians wanted health care and security in old age. During that time the Trans Canada highway was built. Gas taxes were meant for road improvements, but somehow went to general revenue.

I think instead of complaining about what some fucked up PM did, we should discuss solutions to the problems we face.

One thing Canadians should talk about is all the recommendations from Royal Commissions that were never taken into active policy cause it cost too much back in the 50-90s. And we are paying the price today. My biggest concern is what about future generations? And how will they cope with outstanding debt and inflation that will be out of control due to the debt.

The problem is Canada is a rich country, with non of the wealth making it to the general populace. Maybe change the way things are done?

What assets does Canada have?
Oil fields, natural gas fields, Tar Sands.
Wealth in minerals (that goes to independent companies), talk about raping the land. The reality raw resources are given away and non of that comes back to Canadian citizens in any way. It goes to the investors and yes some low corporate tax rate. But there is no future way those raw materials will ever enrich Canadians again.
Hydro dams.
So Energy is not a problem.
It developing our raw resources and manufacturing materials for our every day needs.
We are not self sufficient in growing our own food (most of that in the winter comes from California). Our dairy and eggs is in danger of being slowly taken over by US markets. So maybe design hot houses that can operate in Canadian winters using heat pumps (using simple interest loans instead of compound interest loans), making it affordable for farmers to build these hot-houses.

We are not self sufficient in money lending for Canadian projects, a lot is foreign financed by banks outside of Canada.

We need to make transport a major item in the immediate future. Trains and high speed transports in cities and between cities. But we can't give up our gas guzzling cars and SUVs. Look at any transit system in Canada. Its not designed well, its designed to bring the people in the suburbs to the core downtown. In todays world, we need circular hubs, with radiating outward lines for rapid transport in cities. In Victoria I can jump in my car and be downtown in 20 minutes (parking is a problem, as the city isn't building new parking places), but take the bus and it takes over 1 hour. So the transit system in Victoria is inefficient and really sucks.

We need to improve/increase our steel production for building high-rises and bridges.

What is stopping a lot of these developments is Co2 emissions that the governments want to control and eliminate.

One of the first thing Canada needs to do is increase steel production and mining of iron ore.

Second thing to do is to build houses out of cement, in areas of wild fires. An ICF house with cement board for the exterior will prevent the total destruction of houses in the path of a forest fire. (This might lower insurance rates).

A third thing to do is to have active participation in northern development and create infrastructure north of 60. Why, cause if we don't put infrastructure in, we as Canadians will lose all the raw materials.

Maybe I am not being logical in my thinking, but I think that all the raw resources belong to all Canadians, and we should use them in wise ways for the future generations or put away portions of the sale of raw material for future use. Right now I don't think that is happening and it would be hard to pry it out of those 1% control of Canadian resources.

Do we really need immigration into Canada, we need younger people to have more babies (today couples only have 1 or 2 children because of the expense and other economic factors).

The people in Canada should be working towards Canadian goals. These goals could be total self sufficiency, save for the future, and any other goals Canadian would want to achieve as a country. The problem here is that almost every Canadian is working toward their own goals, which conflict (which is making money for themselves and fuck every body else). So there is a fucken problem on why the governments are so fucked up, its because the people can't make common goals for the country....

On a personal level Canadians with mortgages pay compound interest to banks and mortgage companies. One thing to do is make your principle residence mortgage rated at a simple interest rate like 10%. This would be game changing for every Canadian, as the life of the mortgage you will pay less then you do now. (An average mortgage pays 2-2.5 times the mortgage principle). If people start talking about it, it will happen. The money they save could be used to invested in their own portfolio.

Canada is an awesome place. It can be better, but that take work and commitment.

thevalleydude

Oct 15, 2022

Poilievre--who has no education and who has never, ever held a real job--will never be Prime Minister.

Because on election day, swing voters are not going to support a guy who knows nothing except for how to be an abject asshole.

Trust me. A 6 week campaign is going to amplify Poilievre's inability to answer questions, his puerileness, and his general assholeness.

Four more years.
Sorry....I dont trust you. As for never having a real job.....our current Prime Minister did have one... as a part time drama teacher. and he had to leave that job under the cover of night with no explanation ever given.

Drjohn

Dec 26, 2020

Four more years.
At times like this I'm reminded of the words of that great late twentieth century thinker and philosopher, Mr T,

"I pity the fool".

Trust me. A 6 week campaign is going to amplify Poilievre's inability to answer questions, his puerileness, and

Four more years.
There aren't enough swing voters in the world to re-elect Trudeau.

Hilarious!!!

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010

Four more years.
So your prediction is that the current PM will, after the next election, be PM for (basically) 14 consecutive years? Something that has not happened since, if memory serves, Laurier. Something even his father couldn't achieve (due to the interruption that was Joe Clark). Regardless of your political leanings, a prediction that amounts to something that has almost never happened, probably isn't a good (or rational) prediction. 2025 will be a change election, the only poll that will matter is the poll indicating what % of the electorate are wanting change. In 2015 it was 65-67%, consistently during the election period, 2/3rds of Canadians wanted change. So we elected a high school teacher as PM. If the desire for change is anything near 65%, then yes, we will elect (using your own words) someone "who has never, ever held a real job." If a trust fund high school teacher can be PM, if a history and Russian literature major can be Finance Minister - then certainly, a person "who has never, ever held a real job" can become PM. The "swing voters" in 2025 will be those that want change - and if those numbers are high, that never bodes well for an incumbent. There's a reason why modern governments in Canada last about 10 years, people start to desire change. It's not a terrible thing - it keeps the system "honest" (for lack of a better term).

Reactions: Drjohn

thevalleydude

Oct 15, 2022
Current polls show the Conservatives winning 223 seats and the Liberals dropping to third behind the Bloc with around 33. This is before our April fools day carbon tax increase. God knows how far the Liberals will fall after Canadians discover all the price ramifications of that tax at the grocery store, Canadian Tire and the gas pump. Neither Justin nor Khrystia are going to become less arrogant and more likeable either so they are stuck between a rock and a hard place as they remain committed to the WEF policies they were instructed by Dr Evil to carry out.

dr evil.gif

overdone

Apr 26, 2007

Four more years.

trust you? haha

when you lie?

Poilievre has a BA from the University of Calgary, in International relations

inability to answer questions? again, go on youtube, watch him answer left wing zealots trying to get "gotcha" moments

he's doing fine on that

and assholeness?

have you never seen Turdeau speak?

he makes Poilievre look good in that aspect

Trudeau is the exact same as Trump, just the other side of the spectrum

Trust fund baby who's incompetent

difference is, his family put his money in a trust, so he can't blow it

Crookedmember

Crooked Member
Sep 2, 2017
You guys have lost three elections to Trudeau so far.

The one thing you're good at is losing elections.

I don't expect you to understand that unattractive, off-putting leaders do not become Prime Minister.

But please do continue with your fantasy that an uneducated, never-held-a-real-job, puerile, off-putting bum like Poilievre is going to win.

He's Scheer with greasy hair.

Reactions: oldshark

Drjohn

Dec 26, 2020

The one thing you're good at is losing elections.

I don't expect you to understand that unattractive, off-putting leaders do not become Prime Minister.

But please do continue with your fantasy that an uneducated, never-held-a-real-job, puerile, off-putting bum like Poilievre is going to win.

He's Scheer with greasy hair.
How about that Trudeau gun buy back program?

Money spent, 42 million dollars.

Guns bought back,

Zero.

Trudeau is a clown.

The Liberals are done.

They will be crushed.

Keep spinning your wheels though.

Endlessly entertaining.

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010

Plenty of people found Harper to be "unattractive, off-putting". I get it, you don't like Poilievre, but again, "unattractive, off-putting" folks have won elections before. Greasy hair or not, change elections do not favour incumbents.

Fantasy is believing that which almost never occurs is likely to occur, this time. Kind of like buying a lottery ticket. Sure, there is a chance (however small) that you could win the $50 million jackpot. But, that is not a rational belief to hold on to (i.e. "this time, I will win $50 million).

licks2nite

Nov 30, 2006
Self sufficiency looks like the best Canadian goal and closest to my own preference of fabricating parts for a thriving Canadian coast-to-coast-to-coast manufacturing industry. Tough problems to solve that can be made to look easy on paper or a computer screen. Just guarantee that municipal authority gets to decide who builds and what gets built in the municipality. For example if a suburban community such as Abbotsford or Pitt Meadows wanted the good paying industrial careers the locals could tolerate construction, giving up land, lowering taxes, monitoring environmental impact, respecting neighbouring municipalities and changes in their own lives. Say for a Honda assembly plant or Magna International parts fabricator than a community looking for tourism or retirement living. Federal government must let go of domestic affairs. Stick to foreign affairs, coinage, military and be respectful of local interests and direction. And municipal operations respectful of neighbouring municipalities.

overdone

Apr 26, 2007

yeah, so far

and the only reason why the Liberals are still in power is due to a completely unethical slime ball called Jimmy Singh

who, like Turdeau is all about himself, who will likely be turfed too

if he had any character he would have taken down the Hair 2 yrs ago

go look at what your dear leader says

Daycare, not his fault

Carbon Tax, you're too stupid to know what's good for you

Premiers are responsible, not him

could go on but it's all the same, it's you, not him

then of course, 8 yrs later it's still

Evil Uncle Steve's fault

he's like a child, blaming his sibling for what he's done

it's just too bad it wasn't a family outing on the mountain that day

hopefully just like after Mulroney, the Liberals will be left with 2 seats

masterpoonhunter

"Marriage should be a renewable contract"
Sep 15, 2019
"it's just too bad it wasn't a family outing on the mountain that day"

Fuck man this is a pooning forum. Your death wish is as offensive to anyone no matter what political affiliation.
Ignore button engaged, again.

Crookedmember

Crooked Member
Sep 2, 2017
I'm guessing many women here on perb and in the general population have experienced puerile misogynists like Pierre Poilievre.

Unfortunately, in the House, the cowardly bastards can't simply be ghosted.

anita.png

Drjohn

Dec 26, 2020
I'm guessing many women here on perb and in the general population have experienced puerile misogynists like Pierre Poilievre.

View attachment 90950
Anita Vandenbeld is another useless do nothing Liberal MP from the Ottawa region.

She holds a 2.7 score on Google reviews.

Apparently she doesn't answer the phone when her constituents try to communicate with her.

The only positive reviews are from people who are asking for help with their immigration status.

Ironic.

You sure know how to pick 'em.

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010

View attachment 90950
What would you ever do if your preferred federal party leader was accused of groping a female reporter? Since you like calling out misogynists and all.

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
"it's just too bad it wasn't a family outing on the mountain that day"

Fuck man this is a pooning forum. Your death wish is as offensive to anyone no matter what political affiliation.
Ignore button engaged, again.
how adult of you, ignore, well progressive, the new progressive, ignore anything you don't like

death wish?

it's called a joke, I know some adults can't grasp the concept

where you say something that someone else doesn't find funny

seriously though

how many people do you think have taken their lives in Canada because of policies that have caused

economic harm, due to the Liberals actions?

lack of real action?

how many people's lives have been permanently altered, most likely for the remainder of their lives, how many yrs it will take some to recover, if they can

how many are now actively seeking MAID? due to despair as much as the main reason of pain

what's offensive, is the lack of remorse from a man/child due to his actions, due to his narcissistic delusions of grandeur

or have you not been paying attention, when he tells people, which he has, numerous times

that he is the only one, the singular one, to do what is right for you, even when you are too stupid to know it

and that's despite reality, facts, showing the opposite, for at least 3 yrs now

or can you point out one, just one of his actions, that he's actually apologized for?

not including what others in the past have done then he pretends to be sorry for all the racists in Canada, just one?

he easily acts/puts his heart on his chest to pretend he cares

his woman finally woke up, or didn't you read her new book?

she says you should shoot higher than the curb

you deserve it!!!

you should also learn to take a joke for what it is

maybe another adult can tell him to shoot for the higher grass, since I'm on ignore, again, if you can find his safe space, under the stairs, in the dark

masterblaster

May 19, 2004
Apparently there has been 46 million spent on the liberals gun buy back program, yet no guns have been bought from gun owners. Another useless and expensive liberal boondoggle.

Crookedmember

Crooked Member
Sep 2, 2017
Apparently there has been 46 million spent on the liberals gun buy back program, yet no guns have been bought from gun owners. Another useless and expensive liberal boondoggle.
Heck, the conservatives in Alberta spent $1.5 BILLION on an imaginary pipeline to nowhere, and then another $75 million on Turkish Tylenol that makes kids sick.

But conservatives are such great money managers.

Vancouver Escorts