Massage Adagio

Loosening lug nuts?

masterblaster

May 20, 2004
I saw a story on the news earlier this week about a woman from Alberta who was visiting her parents in the okanagan for a few days. On the way back to Alberta the front wheel came off as she was driving down the highway. On inspection of the vehicle it was apparent the lug nuts had been loosened. Not the first time this has happened to out of province vehicles in B.C.

What is wrong with people that they would do something so stupid and dangerous? Someone could easily have been killed. Is the type of mentality that B.C. residents have towards visitors to their province? Sad times indeed.

MB Mod

Sep 18, 2017
There was an incident in Winnipeg a few weeks ago, some USAF personal based in Winnipeg were being harassed and there cars were being vandalized. There’s no excuse for that kind of ignorance!

Lo-ki

Jul 19, 2011
Check your closet..:)
That is FUCKING insane and stupid....OMFG......

80watts

May 20, 2004
Victoria
I've seen an exhaust from a home gas furnace plugged by material, talk about dangerous. These exhausts are only1.5" in diameter, so it dosn't take much to plug the exaust. This can cause the furnace to overheat, and could cause a fire in the furnace.
Pretty sure with loosening lug nuts on a tire, can be a charge under the criminal code. Meaning you want to injure that car's owner, or you could cause someone else to die due to your actions.

Reactions: sybian

Smokescreend

Apr 22, 2020
Any chance she recently had wheel related work done on her vehicle? Wouldn't be the first time a shop didn't tighten or properly torque the lug nuts - and there's a reason why most shops want you to go back for a re-torque after 40 clicks; usually because it's to cover their asses...

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
It goes back to stealing a man's horse where the same laws as then should apply today.
Or his electrical cord when plugged in at 30 below.
If you left a man on foot in hostile territory, his chances of survival where slim....horse stealing was a death sentence and administered with a short rope, and a tall tree.
Loosening the wheel nuts on someone’s vehicle is premeditated endangerment for anyone within , or close to that vehicle.
i have had tires come off from lack of care from a tire shop not tightening them, but always on farm equipment that can’t go over 25 kilometres an hour.....if your front drivers wheel came off....you’d almost certainly veer into the oncoming lanes.

masterblaster

May 20, 2004
Any chance she recently had wheel related work done on her vehicle? Wouldn't be the first time a shop didn't tighten or properly torque the lug nuts - and there's a reason why most shops want you to go back for a re-torque after 40 clicks; usually because it's to cover their asses...
Based on the fact the wheel didn’t fall off on her trip to the okanagan, it happened on the way back to Alberta after the vehicle had been parked at her parents place for a few days. Not likely was due to any work being done on it in Alberta.

Mr Quim

Cunnilingus Connoisseur
Jan 14, 2007
The beautiful Fraser Valley !
I saw a story on the news earlier this week about a woman from Alberta who was visiting her parents in the okanagan for a few days. On the way back to Alberta the front wheel came off as she was driving down the highway. On inspection of the vehicle it was apparent the lug nuts had been loosened. Not the first time this has happened to out of province vehicles in B.C.

What is wrong with people that they would do something so stupid and dangerous? Someone could easily have been killed. Is the type of mentality that B.C. residents have towards visitors to their province? Sad times indeed.
I too would agree 100% that it's an unconscionable Act to tamper with anyone's Vehicle, that would put it in unsafe condition, and potentially cause serious Injury or Death ! No argument there, and People caught doing that should be penalized severely ! Or as I would suggest, Shot & Pissed On !

Fortunately in this Case, no one was injured .
She was at her Parents for 3 Weeks, not 3 Days, just to be clear .
Which begs the Question, doesn't anyone do any simple Pre-checks, before embarking on a long Trip in their Vehicle . Oil, Coolant, Tire Pressures, maybe throw a Socket & Ratchet on the Lug Nuts to check their tightness is good . She could have just as easily picked up a Screw in her Tire, and been driving Home on a half flat Tire, which could just as easily blown out .

Which begs the bigger Question about putting Lives in Peril !

What is this Woman doing travelling from Alberta, a Province with three times the COVID-19 Cases as BC, like it's "Business as Usual" ?

Does She have no regard for the safety, and well being of the Residents of the Okanagan ?
I'm sure this will probably start a Firestorm, but, who's really risking Lives in this Scenario ?

Stay Local people, this isn't the "Summer of Love" !

Mr Q.

P.S. I forgot to include the Link to the Stats, which were supplied by the Canadian Federal Government!🇨🇦

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html#a1

You'll have to discuss their validity, with Them .

Last edited:
Reactions: MB Mod

masterblaster

May 20, 2004
I too would agree 100% that it's an unconscionable Act to tamper with anyone's Vehicle, that would put it in unsafe condition, and potentially cause serious Injury or Death ! No argument there, and People caught doing that should be penalized severely ! Or as I would suggest, Shot & Pissed On !

Which begs the Question, doesn't anyone do any simple Pre-checks, before embarking on a long Trip in their Vehicle . Oil, Coolant, Tire Pressures, maybe throw a Socket & Ratchet on the Lug Nuts to check their tightness is good . She could have just as easily picked up a Screw in her Tire, and been driving Home on a half flat Tire, which could just as easily blown out .

What is this Woman doing travelling from Alberta, a Province with three times the COVID-19 Cases as BC, like it's "Business as Usual" ?

Does She have no regard for the safety, and well being of the Residents of the Okanagan ?
I'm sure this will probably start a Firestorm, but, who's really risking Lives in this Scenario ?

Mr Q.
Would appear that’s the thinking of whoever loosened the lug nuts on her vehicle. Doesn’t matter how many COVID cases there are in Alberta, I doubt she would have went to BC If she was sick and certainly wouldn’t have wanted to pass it on to her parents. There are no excuses for this type of vigilantism.

warpdwhim

NotSoNoob
Jul 13, 2006
'peg
Not just to cover themselves - wheels can and will loosen (especially aluminum wheels). I've had it happen myself when all properly installed with a torque wrench. It's especially noticeable with new wheels as the aluminum "squishes" when torqued the first few times.

overdone

Apr 27, 2007

Mr Q.

and as usual, facts don't matter

Alberta, has tested 571,839 people according to the government website, with a total test number of 685,297 (assume some got tested more than once)

BC has a total test number of 265,004

if you look at the tests per 1 million, Alberta is almost 3X the BC rate

so BC has a higher rate per confirmed cases when it comes to deaths

so who's really worse?

so again, your leaders, like all the others are propagating a irrational delusional emotional narrative

your asshole Premier basically said it was fine to vandalize others with out of province plates, they deserve it, for being too stupid not to change them, ride the bus, walk, bike

what leadership, it's so fucking sad, it's pathetic

go again and look at the hospitalization rate, the ICU rate, never been over 150 in either province, out of 4.3 and 5 million people

neither in either province is worth talking about

basic math, antibody serum tests, again, insignificant, both less than 1%, around 0.005%

look at Edm, Alberta, over 20% of the almost 200 deaths are in two, just two places, two old folks homes

in Edm, where there are 260 or so active cases, a quarter of them are in that or related to that facility alone, mostly residents, rest are employees, who are in isolation

St Albert, a suburb right next to Edm

their City Councillors are on record this week, saying facts/science doesn't matter anymore

they are going to implement a mask policy

they have a rate of 2.9 per 100,000, there aren't even 100,000 in the so called city

the province doesn't start losing their shit till it reaches 50

but Trump is the worst?

facts, science doesn't matter anymore

math, who needs it

cause someone's brother's friend's cat's owner's neighbor heard from some other guy that his childhood friend's 2nd cousin

got it and was sick

irrational emotional delusions

ruling based on fear

how do you leave the house?

Reactions: amon604

80watts

May 20, 2004
Victoria
If you go to the Okanagan, what is slowly dispearing is parking space. Alot of peeople live in apartment buildings, where there is next to no parking. Most places get 1 stall, and only have 4 or 5 visitor parking places.