Carman Fox
Seeking.com

Ya Seen That New Commercial?

FuZzYknUckLeS

Monkey Abuser
May 12, 2005
Schmocation
The Dentyne one where the dude's in the back of a cab with his GF, and his head freezes and falls off, landing in her lap, and her and the cabbie are screaming in terror the whole time. Gsus fuckin' moses man! Know what I'm sayin?

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
Doesn't work for me

The frozen-head commercial sure doesn't make me want to rush out and buy a pack.

It's like so many commercials - I remember the commercial for its bizarre content, but I never remember, or care, what the heck the product is.

maverick73

Banned
Feb 2, 2005
Spinnerville, BC
FuZzYknUckLeS said:
The Dentyne one where the dude's in the back of a cab with his GF, and his head freezes and falls off, landing in her lap, and her and the cabbie are screaming in terror the whole time. Gsus fuckin' moses man! Know what I'm sayin?
Yeah some exec at Dentyne really dropped the ball on that one...

expo joe

Nov 29, 2002
Yeah some exec at Dentyne really dropped the ball on that one...
The frozen-head commercial sure doesn't make me want to rush out and buy a pack.
Well actually..... I believe the so called marketing guru's achieved their goal by getting viewers to remember their ad as well as the brand name and product. ;)

Cheers, Expo

Scarlett

Sep 8, 2004
That commercial was out last year as well...they just started playing it again. I can believe they allow it to air- it's kind of scary for kids, isn't it?

But I like it, anyways.

Sonny

Sep 13, 2004
expo joe said:
Well actually..... I believe the so called marketing guru's achieved their goal by getting viewers to remember their ad as well as the brand name and product. ;)

Cheers, Expo
I think the commercial's content overshadows the brand. I've seen it a few times and I didn't remember the brand, just that it was a gum.

mustangjoe

May 17, 2004
MissingOne said:
It's like so many commercials - I remember the commercial for its bizarre content, but I never remember, or care, what the heck the product is.

They are fucking with your subconscious. You think you don't know what the product is but really you do.

SoftHandsAnne

Retired
Nov 29, 2005
Victoria
Scarlett said:
it's kind of scary for kids, isn't it?
*Insert stream of explicatives here*

They played that commercial during the day last year during some innocuous program (can't remember which one) and my son saw it. The fallout from that took weeks for him to get over.

maverick73

Banned
Feb 2, 2005
Spinnerville, BC
belly said:
Trump would have said "YOU'RE FIRED!" to the ad execs.
Then he would have said... "GO... OUT...."

"I'm happy with that decision" (nods head)... "had to be done"

wolverine

Hard Throbbing Member
Nov 12, 2002
E-Town
FuZzYknUckLeS said:
I love that ad!!!

Another one I like, similar to this one:
It's a gum/breath freshener TV ad where a hot blonde is viewing the body of her elderly husband in the morgue. One of the breath fresheners falls in the dead guy's mouth - he wakes up and starts bitching about his golddigging wife.

Last edited: