Fetish Funhouse
Ashley Madison

Wassup with the hotel price hike ?

shak

New member
Apr 4, 2004
524
0
0
I have a family friend visiting for 3 month and so I cant see SPs at my own residence during this time frame. I was happy with hotel vancouver, they gave me a suite for roughly 500. I dont know whats happening lately, the rate doubles for almost all the hotels that I like. Hotel Vancouver now quotes me 969 + tax for the same suite that I've had. Even the standard room is 100 dollar more expensive then before. Man, this sux!!!
 

mbos

Member
May 16, 2002
37
0
6
Welcome to the start of Tourist Season!!!

Just starting to hit tourist season, I know.....lol
I travel to Vancouver on a regular basis...so I know some of the rates that they charge...last week room...3.5 - 4 star hotel...off-season rate around $80 next week...mid-season 100-125 :rolleyes:
 

samantha_van

New member
Jun 22, 2004
366
0
0
37
www.geocities.com
whistler

you can get a great suite in whistler in the off season for a good price.. one of my fav's is the delta whistler suites... you can get a 2 bed room suite all pimped out dvd cd players.. candy basket.. wine.. full kitchen 2 balcony's washer dryer the works for 200 a night.. during the peak season it can range from 600 to 1200 during the x-mas holidays crazy eh?.. don't know much about hotel prices in the vancouver..
 

Cock Throppled

Well-known member
Oct 1, 2003
4,268
171
63
Upstairs
shak said:
I have a family friend visiting for 3 month and so I cant see SPs at my own residence during this time frame. I was happy with hotel vancouver, they gave me a suite for roughly 500. I dont know whats happening lately, the rate doubles for almost all the hotels that I like. Hotel Vancouver now quotes me 969 + tax for the same suite that I've had. Even the standard room is 100 dollar more expensive then before. Man, this sux!!!
How can anyone pay that kind of money and not know about seasonal rates?
 

Swguy

Single White Member
Apr 26, 2003
1,343
0
36
Diagon Alley
www.freeones.ca
Most hotels are just now starting into what's called the 'Shoulder season', which is the 'season' between Winter or the 'low season' and Summer, the 'high season'.

Low season generally runs from about mid-October to the end of April. Shoulder season generally runs from beginning of May to mid-June and then from about September to mid-October witht he High season covering the remaining summer months.

If you know someone who works in the Tourism industry or as a travel agent, you might luck out and be able to take advantage of industry or agency rates which can be as low as 1/2 of a given hotel's standard rates - also called "rack" rates. Sometimes individual hotels have specials that are only found on thier websites. Some hotels also offer lower rates or package specials for locals. Again, check the specific hotel's website.

Try to avoid sites like Travelocity or other "Bargain" sites as they are not always the cheapest way. You still pay a comission to the site which is built into thier prices. If you have the time, check a few of the bargain sites then compare prices with the individual hotel's online reservation or booking system. You might be surprised at the differences you find.


SWG :cool:
 

shak

New member
Apr 4, 2004
524
0
0
Swguy said:
If you know someone who works in the Tourism industry or as a travel agent, you might luck out and be able to take advantage of industry or agency rates which can be as low as 1/2 of a given hotel's standard rates - also called "rack" rates. Sometimes individual hotels have specials that are only found on thier websites. Some hotels also offer lower rates or package specials for locals. Again, check the specific hotel's website.

SWG :cool:
Sigh, I do have friends who work in travel agences. I dont know what kinda excuse that I should make up though. They know that I have a nice home in Vancouver, they'd be wondering why I need the room.

By the way, do hotels in vancouver offer "walk-in rate" ?

How can anyone pay that kind of money and not know about seasonal rates?
Man, I used to think that Winter is the peak season for Vancouver. Afterall, there isnt much to do in vancouver during the summer, isnt it ?
 

Swguy

Single White Member
Apr 26, 2003
1,343
0
36
Diagon Alley
www.freeones.ca
shak said:
By the way, do hotels in vancouver offer "walk-in rate" ?
Yes. Its the same as the "rack rate" and will generally be the highest rate you'd pay.

Of course, there are still places that offer rooms by the hour, but if you're used to staying at suites in some of the city's finer establishments, you'll be sorely disappointed with these "walk-in" places.

shak said:
Man, I used to think that Winter is the peak season for Vancouver. Afterall, there isnt much to do in vancouver during the summer, isnt it ?
As locals we sometimes get rather jaded and forget that we live in one of the most incredibly beautiful cities in the world. The natural beauty and scenery in and around the Vancouver area is some of the best in the world. Winter is still busy here, mainly because of Whistler, but not as busy at the summer. The other local ski hills do attract a fair amount of people, but Whistler / Blackcomb is one of the top-rated ski destinations in the world and is still the biggest draw.

Vancouver is actually quite a favourite summer destination for a lot of people from the US and from many Asian countries. Also, because the dollar is still relatively cheap for Americans, a lot of companies hold conventions here. Plus lets not forget the cruise ships that come here. While the numbers have been dropping slowly over the last few years, there's still a few hundred thousand people who come through Vancouver as part of their cruise between May and October.


SWG :cool:
 

shak

New member
Apr 4, 2004
524
0
0
Swguy said:
Of course, there are still places that offer rooms by the hour, but if you're used to staying at suites in some of the city's finer establishments, you'll be sorely disappointed with these "walk-in" places.
A standard room at pan-pacific now cost 490+ tax, this is just incredible....
 

Swguy

Single White Member
Apr 26, 2003
1,343
0
36
Diagon Alley
www.freeones.ca
shak said:
A standard room at pan-pacific now cost 490+ tax, this is just incredible....
An hour at the Gastown Hotel on Water Street would probably cost you about $20, but I'd recommend not taking your shoes off....

... maybe bring your own sheets too... :D


SWG :cool:
 

lenny

girls just wanna have fu
May 20, 2004
4,070
11
38
your GF's panties
Swguy said:
An hour at the Gastown Hotel on Water Street would probably cost you about $20, but I'd recommend not taking your shoes off....

... maybe bring your own sheets too... :D


SWG :cool:
And your own body guard.
 

Cinnamon Girl

Delicious Redhead
May 20, 2002
481
0
0
in the moment
do a search for

condos & apartments that are privately owned & rented out thru property managements - there are some nice ones in Vancouver.
 

LonelyGhost

Telefunkin
Apr 26, 2004
3,941
0
0
gina's got a great idea, and you can also check the local U's for sub-lets ... there are some students going out of town who don't want to lose their place and it often comes furnished but inexpensive as well.