Massage Adagio
Jerkmate

SP Phone Etiquette

Cliffy

New member
Jun 22, 2004
48
0
0
50
OK -- so the other week I was making some calls, trying to see if I could make an appointment with a few SP's that were on my 'to do' list. Left a couple of messages, and when I leave messages I'm always very specific about when it's OK to ring me back, ie. before 10pm tonight or what have you.

Now the other day I get a call on my cell from one of these SPs, *definately not* on the day I called (several days later), when it happened to cause me some rather strenuous personal embarassment.

Am I dumb to expect a certain level of privacy and discretion with my number? Most SP's I have dealt with would never, ever call back unless it was specifically agreed upon, and within a few hours of contact.

This felt like the SP in question was looking to line up a date for that night and decided to flip through the guys who'd been calling her to see if any of them were available. WTF??

This seems to me to be a total breach of SP etiquette. Or am I partially culpabile for giving out my number in the first place?
 

El Tigre

Retired
Dec 6, 2002
215
0
0
Vancouver
Simple solution

Only give out your cell number....and always put it on vibrate or silent when you're with those people that need explanations....
 

tom25

what's up doc?
Oct 8, 2003
1,216
0
0
58
Winnipeg
Or better yet have a cheap pay as you go phone from FIDO that is your dedicated pooning phone. You can leave it in your office desk drawer and not even take it home.

Tom
 

Eden

Banned
Jul 27, 2004
366
0
0
watching from the sidelines
I think that I may even be guilty of this, and the reason is quite simple (on my end). Sometimes when gentleman call, they don't leave the time that they call or when it is safe to call back. Most times, I don't call back unless they have specified that it is a "safe" phone, or that they are looking for an appointment later in the week, etc. However, that being said I cannot tell you how many gentleman have called, leave a message, and I am not able to return their phone call in a timely fashion (so don't), the next day or two they call me back and are mad because they thought I was being a snob!!! In some ways it can certainly be a catch 22, trying to appease everyone all of the time does not work! I think that if you do call, state your expectations, time of your call, when you are looking for a potential play time, and if it is safe to call you back, etc. Then there is no room for a misunderstanding and if she does not call you back she either couldn't see you in the time frame you were looking for or did not think she could return your call in a timely fashion (which does not mean that you cannot call her back). Just my two cents worth.
 

Very Veronica

Banned
Aug 2, 2004
1,771
6
0
Vancouver
what to say when your hooker calls and you're around friends and colleagues...

inlaws: "yes, nurse...of course i can fill in for the reverend and take the seniors on their church bazaar excursion...i'll be there right away"

girlfriend: "blockbuster video?...they've come out with a complilation of hugh grant films! put those on hold...i'll be down in 5 minutes!"

work: sigh heavily and attempt to feign shock despite all the botox in your forehead..."a break-in...at my condo?!"

bud's: "what's that...you girls need a big hard cock...and you'll pay me?"
 

Jodie

B.Bj, M.Sog, Fs.D
Mar 14, 2004
667
5
0
Vancouver, BC
www.vancouverjodie.com
Cliffy said:
Am I dumb to expect a certain level of privacy and discretion with my number? Most SP's I have dealt with would never, ever call back unless it was specifically agreed upon, and within a few hours of contact.

This seems to me to be a total breach of SP etiquette. Or am I partially culpabile for giving out my number in the first place?
No, you are not wrong to expect a certain level of privacy and discretion, and yes, returning a call outside of your specified time period qualifies as a definite breach of etiquette. Keep in mind, however, that not every escort claims to adhere to high standards of discretion and professionalism, and of those who make that claim, many do not live up to it.

As a client, you end up in a risky situation because you can't block your number (most ladies will not accept blocked calls), but at the same time, you need to protect yourself from unsolicited and unexpected phonecalls at inopportune moments.

Your best bet might be to purchase a prepaid airtime cell phone, and use it exclusively for this hobby. Other than the initial cost of the phone, your expenses for this can be as low as $10/month.
 

dbrw42

New member
Jan 27, 2003
418
0
0
Cliffy said:
OK -- so the other week I was making some calls, trying to see if I could make an appointment with a few SP's that were on my 'to do' list. Left a couple of messages, and when I leave messages I'm always very specific about when it's OK to ring me back, ie. before 10pm tonight or what have you.

Now the other day I get a call on my cell from one of these SPs, *definately not* on the day I called (several days later), when it happened to cause me some rather strenuous personal embarassment.

Am I dumb to expect a certain level of privacy and discretion with my number? Most SP's I have dealt with would never, ever call back unless it was specifically agreed upon, and within a few hours of contact.

This felt like the SP in question was looking to line up a date for that night and decided to flip through the guys who'd been calling her to see if any of them were available. WTF??

This seems to me to be a total breach of SP etiquette. Or am I partially culpabile for giving out my number in the first place?
It's also possible that the girl didn't know what day you called. My answering machine has a time and day stamp, but only if I remember to set it.
 

tom25

what's up doc?
Oct 8, 2003
1,216
0
0
58
Winnipeg
hifisex said:
thats the ONLY way to go IMO.....I have a Fido phone for pooning in the lower mainland and a Virgin (great rates by the way) phone for pooning in Calgary

When I registered my Fido phone they needed an address, the one I provided happens to be in the middle of the Glenmore Reservoir :), Virgin didn't want/need jack shit to activate the phone

HFS
Mine is from Rogers.

And since its pay as you go you don't get any monthly statements detailing your use of the phone. Its just load it up and use.

Tom
 

hitrack

I'LL KILL YA ALL!!
Feb 25, 2003
3,890
0
0
Surrey
play with fire and yer gonna get burnt
 

Cliffy

New member
Jun 22, 2004
48
0
0
50
Thanks for the ideas. The dedicated pay-as-you go phone is definately a good idea. I guess I've held off on that because that *really* means I'm a sex addict :D

As for those who don't seem surprised, this has *never* happened to me with any other SP, only this one particular girl who has now done it to me twice (the first time it wasn't a big deal as there was no-one around).

And it was really like she thought it was OK to just call a guy up when *she* felt like it to see if *he* was available.
 

Eden

Banned
Jul 27, 2004
366
0
0
watching from the sidelines
Okay, so in the end maybe I am not so guilty of this one, woosh! I don't have call display as I think it is the callers right if they want to be identified or not and I certainly don't call if one is SPECIFIC on the phone regarding times and what not (I have called the next day if no time was left and that I think that it was left that morning, etc) !! It is not my job to guess what time you called and more often then not I just don't, but does that responsibility not land with the caller and not the callee? So now the question is this, why if you could be caught from a girlfriend or significant other, would you risk leaving your phone number and a message? It seems to me the only one that you have control over in life, and sometimes that is even a bit iffy, is YOU. Does the pleasure out weigh the risk factor?
 

BobbiVan

New member
Jun 14, 2004
515
0
0
39
Yaletown
www.bobbi-vancouver.com
Pooning Phone

I had to get a seperate phone myself. Try being with your family when someone calls for a date.. that is a little difficult. You have to be polite to whomever is on the phone, without acting like you dont' know who it is. When you get off the phone, your family looks at you like, Who was that? and why are you meeting him at the hyatt downtown?!

So I got myself a seperate phone! :) now I can turn it off or leave it at home when I'm visiting family. Grandma doesn't need another heart attack at this point.. LOL
 

tom25

what's up doc?
Oct 8, 2003
1,216
0
0
58
Winnipeg
Annalise Lane said:
what if the lady started the conversation with " hi ! this is so and so, are you able to talk."

If she is unsure of when you called but wants to return your phone call, would this approach work ?

That's not bad, although when you're with family there's the inevitable "who was that" questions that follow. Of course, you can always say "work" and leave it at that ... you're partner will likely be surprised though why this one time you'e not taking the call from work and treating it like the world was about to end if you didn't deal with things.

Also, I work in a job where my place of employment never has any need to call me, and certainly there would never be a call outside of regular working hours. So not everyone may have a good or ready answer to the "who was that" question.

Finally, some of us are just really lousy liars ... that couple of seconds of fluster can be enough to cause lots of embarassment and awkwardness.

Tom
 

RobBC

<Insert goofy tag here>
Oct 27, 2002
453
37
28
Victoria
Annalise Lane said:
what if the lady started the conversation with " hi ! this is so and so, are you able to talk."

If she is unsure of when you called but wants to return your phone call, would this approach work ?
That's good, although as tom25 pointed out there is still the "who was that" that may follow.

If it had happened to me I would've just told the girl "sorry wrong number" and left it at that.

RobBC
 

Mchatte

New member
Sep 21, 2004
836
0
0
Manitoba
tom25 said:
Or better yet have a cheap pay as you go phone from FIDO that is your dedicated pooning phone. You can leave it in your office desk drawer and not even take it home.

Tom
I can't use Fido's phone because my pooch's name is not Fido. I guess with a Fido phone and someone asks you what you use it for, you can just say, "fucking the dog with it!" or something to that effect.

I have had no problem with SPs calling me when they should not. I make sure it's all part of the trust factor and make it very clear when it is and when it is not ok to call.

My friend gave me his calling card number in case I have to call long distance but then, I think I have the problem of no call display and that usually results in a no answer situation.

If your SO is suspicious, just tell her the truth and she will never believe you. "It's ok dear, it's just some hot chick that I've been fucking wanting to know what time I will be arriving!"

She'll look at you and say, "Ya, right!" And by the way dear, this SP does not ask me if I prefer this top with those pants or the other top with a skirt or ............."You never notice when I wear a new outfit, I may as well dress up in a burlap sack!" (Ok, would save a few bucks but could you wait until we're done the potatoes?)

Always work it out somehow.

M
 

DJLAW

sexy beast
May 23, 2004
763
0
0
Very Veronica said:
inlaws: "yes, nurse...of course i can fill in for the reverend and take the seniors on their church bazaar excursion...i'll be there right away"

girlfriend: "blockbuster video?...they've come out with a complilation of hugh grant films! put those on hold...i'll be down in 5 minutes!"

work: sigh heavily and attempt to feign shock despite all the botox in your forehead..."a break-in...at my condo?!"

bud's: "what's that...you girls need a big hard cock...and you'll pay me?"

nobody even responded to how funny this was. thanks for the laugh veronica.