Asian Fever
Jerkmate

Report: Steve Nash to be named NBA MVP Sunday afternoon on ABC!!!

scott231

Apr 21, 2003
Steve Nash will be the NBA's MVP, and he's earned it the most complete player in the NBA. And to think when Stu Jackson was the GM of the Vancouver Grizzlies, he had a chance to bring Steve back home and he thought Steve Nash couldn't make it, and didn't trade Antonio Daniels for Steve Nash, and the franchise isn't here anymore. www.tsn.ca/

Verb

Oct 21, 2003
SprINGFiELD
scott231 said:
Steve Nash will be the NBA's MVP, and he's earned it the most complete player in the NBA. And to think when Stu Jackson was the GM of the Vancouver Grizzlies, he had a chance to bring Steve back home and he thought Steve Nash couldn't make it, and didn't trade Antonio Daniels for Steve Nash, and the franchise isn't here anymore. www.tsn.ca/

there is alot more reasons why the grizze ain't here anymore. You can start with Big Country then with Stu wanting a clean image.... Ahh....to long of a fuck up story..

But Nash winning the MVP trophy would be awesome but as a basketball fan...it is kind of a slap in the face for shaq and NASH is one of the leagies worst defenders. Majority of the past MVP winners has or is capable of stopping the opposing player. But hey...more power to Nash on winning. Phoenix is doing well with him in the lineup and they look like crap without him during his injury this season.

scott231

Apr 21, 2003
Shaquille had a great season BUT so did Dwyane Wade. Steve Nash had Amare Stoudimire, but when Steve was hurt the Phoenix Suns struggled in the 6 games he didn't play. With the Vancouver Grizzlies hiring Stu Jackson, drafting Bryant Reeves, and selling the franchise to that two faced snake Michael Heisley were the downfall of the franchise here. Can you imagine if the team was still here givin the NHL lockout, and the way they are playing in Memphis, the city would be a hotbed for the NBA.

Verb

Oct 21, 2003
SprINGFiELD
scott231 said:
Shaquille had a great season BUT so did Dwyane Wade. Steve Nash had Amare Stoudimire, but when Steve was hurt the Phoenix Suns struggled in the 6 games he didn't play. With the Vancouver Grizzlies hiring Stu Jackson, drafting Bryant Reeves, and selling the franchise to that two faced snake Michael Heisley were the downfall of the franchise here. Can you imagine if the team was still here givin the NHL lockout, and the way they are playing in Memphis, the city would be a hotbed for the NBA.

though Memphis would never play in this level if it wasn't for the great basketball mind of Jerry West and his abilty to see players potential better then the players themselves.

niteowl

Jun 29, 2004
Burnaby
I would have voted for Nash as MVP because, I seen the standings and I'm not so sure someone (ONeil)is deserving of a MVP when only two teams are over .600 and it wasn't until about the last week of the regular season that two teams were above .500 in the Atlantic Division.

Verb

Oct 21, 2003
SprINGFiELD
niteowl said:
I would have voted for Nash as MVP because, I seen the standings and I'm not so sure someone (ONeil)is deserving of a MVP when only two teams are over .600 and it wasn't until about the last week of the regular season that two teams were above .500 in the Atlantic Division.

it doesn't really matter about the win loss colum in the division to make a decision on a mvp. O'neal's team is well ahead of the pack in the eastern conference and has beatin majority of the top team while they were in full strenght(phoenix,spurs,dallas) with ease. Don't forget its about how dominate you can effect the game that wins the trophy. Shaquille can dominate both ends of the floor while Nash depends on his teams for his lack of physical defense. Overall....If i has to vote..it woulda been a split decision as both are very deserving...But I give a slight edge to Shaq. Check this out, If you were to build a team to win a championship who would you want to build the team around? For me...Shaq hands down for sure.

Verb

Oct 21, 2003
SprINGFiELD
who said:
What about free throws? .461 to .887

All I can say is ....Remember Wilt?

niteowl

Jun 29, 2004
Burnaby
He can only dominate on offence by backing his large ass towards the basket and slam. Well whoop-dee-doo. Isn't that how he scores 99% of his points?

IceG

Top Gun Call Sign: Iceman
Jun 3, 2003
2 time MVP better than 1 time MVP

Tim Duncan showed what a 2 time league MVP does in the Playoffs...Win on the road...

bye bye Nash.. series over...no way the Suns are going to win 3 road games against San Antonio to get this series like Dallas did over Houston.

i am fairly sure Nash would trade his MvP trophy in right now for a chance to play for the championship..

hopefully Victoria's MVP won't let his team get swept like little bitches.

LonelyGhost

Telefunkin
Apr 26, 2004
IceG said:
Tim Duncan showed what a 2 time league MVP does in the Playoffs...Win on the road...

bye bye Nash.. series over...no way the Suns are going to win 3 road games against San Antonio to get this series like Dallas did over Houston.

i am fairly sure Nash would trade his MvP trophy in right now for a chance to play for the championship..

hopefully Victoria's MVP won't let his team get swept like little bitches.

don't forget that they also lost one of their key players to an eye injury ...

but the fact remains that the Suns took on Memphis who couldn't take on my grannie one-on-one, and then the Mavs who were good but not that good.

San Antonio is not a much better team, but good enough to take advantage of the open play of the Suns who just can't keep up.

its really like watching a high school basketball team take on the Harlem Globetrotters but without the humour.

too bad.

IceG

Jun 3, 2003
Globetrotters do rule. there are going to play Olympic champs Argentina in an exhibition match, but here is their overall record:

Harlem Globe Trotters
Savoy Big Five- 1927
South Side's American Legion Giles Post (#87)- 1928
Years Wins - Losses Pct.
1927-1930 460 - 44 .913
1931-1940 1,482 - 112 .917
1941-1950 1,548 - 109 .934
1951-1960 3,300 - 58 .983
1961-1970 5,051 - 7 .998
1971-1980 4,426 - 1 .999
1981-1990 3,113 - 0 1.000
1991-2000 1,203 - 2 .998
2000-11/11/03 644 - 9 .986

Verb

Oct 21, 2003
SprINGFiELD
LonelyGhost said:
San Antonio is not a much better team, but good enough to take advantage of the open play of the Suns who just can't keep up.

Actually...the Spurs are alot better team then the Suns. The Spurs are experienced and can crank up the D when needed. The Suns has not shown they can play D at all. To win a championship you must learn to make a stop in the critcal moments of the game. The last 2 games the Spurs shut down on their first and second options and the Suns were scrambling to get open and their offence was out of sync. The Suns right now need Shawn Marion to get going and then maybe thay have a chance. Joe Johnson return wouldn't be bad either.

IceG

Jun 3, 2003
Who is the real MVP...

well with all the cliches, must win, backs to the wall, raise our intesity, blah, blah, blah...how did the MVPs do tonite?

MVP Nash: 20 points, 3 assists, and 6 turnovers in the most important game of his career. let's call those MV chump numbers.

MVP Duncan: 33 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks.

NO team in NBA history has come back from 3-0 in the playoffs.

"We haven't found a way to stop them yet," said Phoenix's Steve Nash, who was limited to 20 points and three assists. He also committed six turnovers.

"There was a stretch there in the second quarter when we couldn't make any plays, couldn't get any momentum and we put our heads down. That made it impossible for us to come back in the second half."

The Suns did make a late charge, getting within six twice in the final minute. But Phoenix was forced to foul to stop the clock and get the ball back, and the Spurs thwarted the play with Duncan and Manu Ginobili going 6-of-6 from the foul line.

Duncan led San Antonio with 33 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks. An appreciative crowd responded by standing and chanting "M-V-P!" during his final four free throws.

i loved the San tonio crowd chanting MVP when he was on the line draining those clinching buckets. Nice little taunt directed at Nash.

a true MVP is a clutch player in critical games.

IceG

Jun 3, 2003
Nash's dream season ends with a dud

Stoudemire almost single handedly won the game tonite with 42 points. too bad Nash went into the toilet after the first half. he looked good in the first half he was fired up, but he was like 2-10 in the second half or something close to that. Phoenix really needed him tonite to extend the series.

San antonio shows again that defence wins championships in virtually every sport. although, they had to put up some huge point totals in the other games.

basically they beat phoenix at both ends of the court. the rebounding edge was enormous for SA.

Miami will probably need 7 and home court will probably be the determining factor in the east.