PERB In Need of Banner

Music's Loss

oberon1999

Cariñoso; Affectueux !!!
Jan 13, 2003
Lower Mainland
I found out last night that one of my favourite singer/songwriters, Warren Zevon finally died of lung cancer Sept 7th, 2003, he was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer in 2002. Now this morning when I logged on I see Johnny Cash died last night...

Warren hit a few chords with me when I was young and I sort of grew up with his music. His last album was released just a few weeks a go "The Wind" is worth a listen, made after his diagnosis it's not as black as you might expect but it is introspective. The first track is "My Dirty Life and Times" and the last "Keep me in Your heart for awhile", you get the idea...

Well, I take this medicine as prescribed
I'll sleep when I'm dead
It don't matter if I get a little tired
I'll sleep when I'm dead

(I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - WZ)

Johnny Cash, well I would never call myself a country music fan, but I like to think I know a good sound when I hear one ... He had a good sound....

Death and hell are never full
And neither are the eyes of men
Cats can fly from nine stories high
And pigs can see the wind
(Death and Hell - JC)

oberon..........................

Last edited:

Kev

May 14, 2002
To many artists are working to hard to have that Johnny Cash mystic. Johnny Cash was the coolest. He was cool before it became popular. He was a bad ass before it was cool.

For JC it was natural.

R.I.P. Johnny

Jump Cut

Aug 16, 2003
Vancouver
Sad day.

People talk about remember where they were when they heard that John Lennon or Elvis died. I respect both as extremely influential talents, but I've never been a fan. My experience came when I heard Joe Strummer died just before Christmas last year. I grew up to The Clash. Now Johnny Cash. Kev said it best when he said Johnny Cash was the coolest. He was cool before it became popular. It's a sad day. R.I.P. Johnny!

oberon1999

Cariñoso; Affectueux !!!
Jan 13, 2003
Lower Mainland
In Warren Zevons new and last album the line in My dirty Life and Times that gets me is "somtimes I feel like my shadows casting me"..

Hit a note with a few things in my life... Lots of music does that... that's why I love it..

oberon

Pink Cherry