Massage Adagio
Jerkmate

I need a victim

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
SP wasteland: SK
Six hours without nicotine sticks. Who will be the first to die?

*glares around an empty room, looking for someone to blame for the irritation*

warbler

Feb 25, 2003
Vancouver
I've been a good little victim this week - pick me, pick me. That's funny.

use the patch... it will take the edge off very nicely... and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! Think!! Think how much money you will save... THINK !!! Money that can now be diverted to your favorite hobby!!!!!

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
Patches do nothing -- I've quit several times for weeks at a time. If you've tapered down to half a pack of ultra light's before you quit, you're really just dealing with the twitchies of not having those regular breaks.

Never really have found anything that substitutes for the idle-time pause of a smoke.

Try it at work with a "regular" job. If you want to go grab a coffee, you'll get bitched at that it's not coffee break. But if you go for a smoke, everyone understands nic fits and off you go without complaint.

Hell, what got me hooked in the first place was a large employer who mandated that we couldn't take a coffee break except at 10 and 3, but which had set up smoke areas. If you took a coffee down to the smoke area, you got your break without harassment. Then management clued in, and started making sure everyone in the break area was smoking. The fact that we worked 45-55 hour weeks for 40 hours pay was irrelevant to them.

Too bad NorTel's stock is tanked -- betcha I coulda made good in a lawsuit.

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
So, Dani, are you suggesting that instead of sucking on cancer sticks, someone else needs to ... *evil grin*

Yeah, I think that'd be distracting enough! *LOL*

BabyBelle

~*Plus sized Barbie doll*
May 31, 2003
Calgary
www.sweetsarahbelle.com
eroticdaniella, wasn't that considered advertising?
Not to nit pick, because that's not at all my intention. However.. advertising in any forum on perb, other than the advertising section (which you do have to pay a small fee to use), is usually frowned upon.

-Sarah

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
BabyBelle said:
eroticdaniella, wasn't that considered advertising?
Not to nit pick, because that's not at all my intention. However.. advertising in any forum on perb, other than the advertising section (which you do have to pay a small fee to use), is usually frowned upon.

-Sarah
The only advertising I see is her sig-link. However, when I flagged the issue of phone numbers and links in signatures recently, I found a fiesty SP on the other end of the conversation who feels it's allowed if you've paid your advertising fees.

Until Fred or the mods make a clear stand on whether the phone numbers and web addresses need to stay out of the signatures or not, I don't know that there is much to be done.

If you check TERB, you'll find Dani has been through the wringer and back on what is and is not allowed on the *ERB boards. You'll also find she's an outrageous flirt and the source of more than a bit of controversy from time to time because of her posting style.

dragonfly

The Travelling Member
Jul 21, 2003
Vancouver
Quitting Smoking

The Dragonfly tried to stop smoking many times. Tried the gum, patch and cold turkey. Nothing worked.

Went to see the doctor one day, he suggested a prescription call Zyband. It worked for about 2 months. After that, the dragonfly got an allergic reaction to the drug. The doc said only a small percentage of the population would be allergic to the drug.

It will probably work for you though. For the dragonfly, it's just not meant to be!!!!!!!!:cool:

dittman

Jan 22, 2003
seattle
for awhile last week i thought that i might kick the habit, had to go into the hospital for an emergency appendectamy, when i came out of the operating room to help kill the pain, they put me on morphine with me controling the amount that i was getting, damn didnt care about nothing(they could of chopped me up into little pieces as far as i cared) but alas they sent sent me home with just percacette and i started up again.

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
Zyban

I do know a couple people who used Zyban successfully without the side effects. Unfortunately, I was not one of them -- I won the "paranoia" lottery for side effects. It took a couple weeks before those side effects kicked in -- they weren't fun. Not at all.

I do know quite a few people who didn't have such problems. For the few days between when it started having an effect and when it started having side effects, I found I just didn't want to bother having a cigarette. It did nothing about the nic fits, just seemed to disconnect the nic-fit from the desire for a cigarette somehow. It's hard to describe unless it works for you at all.

Thanks Groo for the support. I pay a fee to advertise on PERB MERB and TERB. As you know also I have one hell of a fun time with most members because of my style, both here and in the bedroom(LOL) I will never change and I do not think any members of TERB will complain about that, as will the PERB and MERB members in time!!!!!!!!

Dani(Good luck in kicking the habit, if you ever need something or somebody to suck on in the meantime, you have my number...LOL)