PERB In Need of Banner
E.D. Meds

G'day, eh?

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
SP wasteland: SK
I thought it fitting to introduce myself to the board "formally", as it seems I'm already making waves with some of my posts. *g*

When I make suggestions or comments on how things "should" be handled, it's based on a few years of dealing with different agency management styles, different SP service levels, and having dealt with no shortage of the "usual" issues that crop up in this hobby.

I do not base my suggestions on any one "way" as being correct, but rather try to pick and choose what I consider to be the "best of breed" approaches to handling some of the issues.

In particular, the review sections of certain boards provides useful opinions and information about the SPs and agencies in the areas served by the board. Some boards do better than others at this, so I'm sorry that a few of you find it offensive for me to point to examples on PERB's sister-sites TERB and MERB, but that doesn't mean I'll change my opinion or retract my statements.

I speak my mind, I try to stay on-topic (though I periodically dive over the cliff into the ocean of irrelevancy), and I do my best to be objective and fair with any reviews I post.

PERB is a young board that hasn't solidified a personality yet. I invite those of you with ideas and suggestions on using the board to enhance the SP/client experience to do so. Neither SPs nor agencies can hope to address issues they don't know about, and it's to our benefit as clients/members to flag our issues and wish-lists so they can be addressed if possible.

Those of you involved in the bickering, name-calling, and perpetual slamming of others posts and reviews -- lets just say that I hope this board matures rapidly enough to kill the "weeds" that are already infesting it.

If all the members sit back and allow the childish behavior to continue unchecked, we'll get exactly what we've allowed: an uncivilized mess where no one can find useful information because of all the irrelevant "noise".

As I live out west while periodically working elsewhere, I have a vested interest in seeing this board mature to the point where the posts and reviews are useful. My motivations are very selfish: I want to maximize the good sessions and minimize the disappointments.

For those who think my opinions are those of a typical "easterner", I think you've allowed prejudice and stereotyping to override your common sense. Good suggestions and ideas are valid no matter where I first encountered them, and I'd hope you all have the good sense to set aside your prejudice and think about the ideas.

After all, depending on which you hate the most, you can easily slam me as being a westerner, a farm boy, a city slicker, a texan, a floridian, an east-coast inner-city jerk, a slack-jawed north carolinian, toronto snob, or whatever else you like. Take your pick -- it's your prejudice being exposed, not some flaw in my arguments or ideas.

So, there is a new opinionated self-confident a-hole on the board. *g* I look forward to having fun over the years with all of you -- particularly the occasional one-on-one sessions with the more intriguing SPs.

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
Re: Groovy baby ...

Squirrel said:
I dig the shallack ... makes the red cadiums shine through baby. I welcome a cobalt blue cat like yourself into the indigo mud of the lagoon ... and may we find many a late evening to share a polytheistic and radiant shimmer. Stay light hue cool ... well see you in the blue note groovy cat.

Dig it baby ... Shaggy Squirrel :)
Whoa, a west-coast modern pseudo-hippy freeform jazz-vocalist! There were a few at certain coffee shops in Philly a couple years ago, but they were pretty laid back and didn't have the patter. *g*

Maybe I'm going to have to make that future Van trip a week instead of a long weekend, and spend some time soaking up the local atmosphere as well as checking the SPs...

Kev

May 14, 2002
Welcome Groo39

Uh---emm

You want this board to mature in a respectful manner? One might get the wrong impression in the way you came across. Its sounds like you think we are in desperate need of your help.

On TERB they start threads on niggaz. (without going into detail) Its sole purpose was to rile members, and he succeeded. That member needs a sit down with someone who can explain things to him. Should that not be you?

You should clean up your own yard (TERB) before venturing out in our yard (PERB). Alot of members on TERB need your help, as far as maturity goes.

There are way to many oneliner clowns on that board. I assume you are not of that lot. So with that i welcome you, and i would like to see others from TERB venture over here. I actually invited someone recently from there who got banned to participate here. I wonder if he ever made it?

I also look forward to hereing your constuctive criticism on reviews posted here, seeing as you did not speak to favourable on TERB about them. Something about alot of trife. --- Kev

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a big welcome to girl97 too.

rickoshadows

Just another member!
May 11, 2002
Vancouver Island
Aaah Groo, you'll fit in here. This board is a "difference of opinion" populated by egos, (my apologies to a certain island not to far from here) No one here takes advice without a fight, even good advice.

rickoshadows
Dolphin1C

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
Re: Dow ...

Squirrel said:
... I pulled a Homer. Groo39 ... delete all references to 'baby' ... keep the rest of my post.
No sweat -- I hadn't chased your posts to know whether you were male or female. I'm straight and disagree with a lot of the politics of homosexuality, but I'm not outright homophobic, so worst came to worst I was going to wisecrack on you later.

Groo39

Aug 21, 2003
Re: Welcome Groo39

Kev said:
Its sounds like you think we are in desperate need of your help.
"Desperate" need? No. But the board does seem in danger of degenerating to uselessness unless the good members here keep it from falling apart.

Besides, I did mention being "confident", didn't I? The only difference between confidence and arrogance is whether you back it up with experience and actions. Perhaps arrogant is a better label in this case... *g*

I've always been a "bull in a china shop" personality. As quick as I am to piss people off, I'm quick to admit when I'm wrong, or to offer a truce if it's a no-win argument for either side. I gave up on trying to keep "everyone" happy about 17-18 years ago, when I learned that just doing your job well wasn't enough to prevent you from being "fired" by a manager trying to protect their own job.

"Nice guys" may be likeable or respected, but if they're too nice and perpetually apologetic, they just end up as roadkill on the career highway.