Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant suggestion

Restaurant suggestion

Hi Lads,

I need to take a client out for a decent dinner next week. Any restaurant suggestions in South Central Edmonton?

We do not need five star nor a $ 500 tab. Just something reasonably impressive; say one step up from a Keg. I would say @ $ 30 to $ 40 for an average entree price, or thereabout.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

I Love To Chat
    If Edmonton has one take them to Joey Tomatoes, awesome food, waitresses, and service. Reasonably priced as well. Try their steaks, they are to die for.

Chris Ruth's

Quote Originally Posted by newtowest
    Hi Lads,

I need to take a client out for a decent dinner next week. Any restaurant suggestions in South Central Edmonton?

We do not need five star nor a $ 500 tab. Just something reasonably impressive; say one step up from a Keg. I would say @ $ 30 to $ 40 for an average entree price, or thereabout.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.
    It's new here and reviews have been fairly positive.

G.A.

Will throw my 2 bits in here the Moose Factory

Regular Guy
    Chianti's on Whyte is excellent food, atmosphere and the prices are low.

Joey's in SS Common is good used to be Joey Tomatoes, though if you have a taste for ethnic then my fav is right beside Supreme, Tropika, kick ass Maylasian cuisine or a little greek place beside the Terrace Inn run by the same family that had Yannis on whyte Ave (the original owners) Awsome food and service.

my 2 cents

Ruth Chris is an excellent steakhouse however you can pay upwards of $60 per steak, can be expensive. best steak for the dollar is the keg my lad.

Pleaser

I take clients to Packrat Louies in Old Strathcona. It's about a block off Whyte Ave, has awesome food, a little more upscale then the chain restaurants but the prices are still reasonable.

I can't say enough good things about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Pricy but the food is second to none and if you want discretion this is the place for that becuase there's not as much of a chance of running into anyone you know at a place such as this. Go to something more common or popular and you might bump into somone you don't want to see you. Also the staff at Ruth's Chris is very professional so if discretion is what you need that is also a factor.

sport sex enthusiast
    I have a fondess for The SawMill.
    I'm going to stand outside. So if anyone asks, I am outstanding.

Hey Dino:

Can you tell us where Ruth Chris's Steakhouse is located??? I looked in the Edm White and Yellow pages and can't find it (unless it's under a different name).

thanks

have to agre on tropika mmmm yummy also for ethnic try new asian villiage on sask dr. i also have to agree with the moose factory normands on jasper ave is a nice atmosphere great service and fantastic food also nice and quiet for a meeting

Ruth's Chris

Ruth's Chris Steak House
    Address : 10103 100 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0N8
    Telephone : 780-990-0123
    Fax : 780-429-2270

I haven't been to Ruth's Chris, but I think the Keg has great steaks. I also agree with the nominations for Unheard Of, Normands and Tropika, and I'll throw in Mikado and Sankyu if you like Japanese, and Gabbana if you just want great food. If you go to Gabbana you might be hard pressed to get the price of your meal up to $30-$40 per entree, but the food is as good as the priciest restaurants in town IMHO.

thanks for the info on Ruth's Chris....It looks like it's next to the Westin or next to Hy's.

My suggestions...for Japanese, I've enjoyed Kyoto (downtown or on Argyll Road)....Steak is good at Hy's. Italian, try Sorrentino's.

my two bits

Don't Worry, Be Horny...
    If you like Thai food, Padthai Restaurant on Whyte Ave and 102 Street.
    Treat others the way you want them to treat you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast