Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: "Shock and Oops": what happens before 2008 election?

  1. #1
    jus call me MR. President
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,160

    "Shock and Oops": what happens before 2008 election?

    Before operation "Shock and Oops", Iran contacted the United States and pleaded for better terms between the two countries - all kinds of appeasements to the United States and offers of better cooperation. The NeoCons were surely very pleased to see Iran on its knees as American troops prepared for a massive invasion of their neighbor. Luckily for the NeoCons they didn't brag about it.

    GWB is under the greatest pressure from the GOP as never before. With Democrats overtaking the HoR and Congress, there is already talk from them (namely Nancy Pelosi and her camp) of working with Iran to resolve the Iraq problem. For GWB, the pressure from the GOP is to pave the way for the next presidential election for a Republican, so the Iraq debacle had better be cleaned up.

    The Democrats as a group, greater fools than the NeoCons, naively believe that cooperating with Iran will bring about greater peace to the region. This is the ultimate Iranian Fuck U - S.A., to have GWB over a barrel and the Democrats prying the ass cheeks apart.

    By 2008 this will happen:
    1. Most US troops pull out of Iraq (but leave bases behind), GWB will announce peace in the region to pave the way for a Republican nominate.
    2. Democrats are once again all over the place because some of them will point out that Iranian involvement is a bad thing and blame the Republicans, some of them will claim credit for US troop pullout, and some of them will take credit for Iranian involvement as a way to mullify worldwide Islamic terrorism.
    3. Iran "guarantees" the security of Iraq, perhaps even with Iranian troops.
    4. Syria, bolstered by Iran, topples the democratic Lebanese government using Hezbollah. Lebanon becomes host to the Syrian parasite once again.
    5. The reflexive Israel shrinks back from its expanded settlements, but readies for all out war with Syria. If Israel strikes, it will bolster the Republicans chances for victory in 2008.
    6. American citizens are the losers once again, paying the price for Shock and Oops.
    <center><DIV STYLE="color: white ; background-color:#FF0000; width: 200px;">
    <table><tr><td><FONT face='Arial' size=2>
    <i>Yo no te ofrezco riquezas
    Te ofrezco mi corazon
    Te ofrezco mi corazon
    A cambio de mi pobreza.

    Malaguena salerosa
    Besar tus labios quisiera
    Besar tus labios quisiera.
    Malaguena salerosa
    Y decirte nina hermosa.
    </i></FONT>
    </td></tr></table>
    </DIV></center>

  2. #2
    By 2008 there will not be an Iraq; there's barely one now if one can say so, what with the civil war between the Shias and Sunnis with the Kurds laughing on the sidelines. Can anyone argue that it is not getting worse every passing day? Eventually the Americans will have to leave; the Shia and Sunni death squads will run rampant. The so-called Iraqi government will ask for 'support' from their Shia neighbours and it's all over now baby blue.

    The reputation of American military clout has taken a big hit again (Vietnam being the first such black eye). No one thinks the USA can wage and win war everywhere in the Middle East, except for using a nuke. Israel lost the war against Hezbollah when they recognized those damn rockets were not going to stop dropping into their country, no matter how much damage they did to residential south Lebanon. And Israel also recognized that Hezbollah guerillas would make any kind of occupation the same kind of shooting gallery for their troops as is the case for the Americans in Iraq.

    What a bloody stupid idiot GW Bush & his fantasy-ridden henchmen are! It's not just the American citizenry who is paying, but it is every country in the world that now has to face Islamic extremism, which has been immensely emboldened by their successes (now even again in Afganistan).

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,610

    GWB should give up the charade

    Iraq is an country created by colonial powers drawing lines on a map where they looked nice and tidy. Let the Kurds have Kurdistan, and let the Shi'a and Sunni factions have their own parts. Bush and his fellow idiots keep proving over and over that they know nothing about the area or its people. Give up this stupid fantasy-didn't anyone learn anything from Yugoslavia?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jjinvan
    ... Unless the Dems come up with a superstar candidate (like a JFK kinda guy) , but there doesn't appear to be one anywhere that I can see?
    I think we can offer them a "superstar". Let's send Ignatieff back to the US, before he has a chance to make a mess here.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by georgebushmoron
    Before operation "Shock and Oops", Iran contacted the United States and pleaded for better terms between the two countries - all kinds of appeasements to the United States and offers of better cooperation. The NeoCons were surely very pleased to see Iran on its knees as American troops prepared for a massive invasion of their neighbor. Luckily for the NeoCons they didn't brag about it.

    GWB is under the greatest pressure from the GOP as never before. With Democrats overtaking the HoR and Congress, there is already talk from them (namely Nancy Pelosi and her camp) of working with Iran to resolve the Iraq problem. For GWB, the pressure from the GOP is to pave the way for the next presidential election for a Republican, so the Iraq debacle had better be cleaned up.

    The Democrats as a group, greater fools than the NeoCons, naively believe that cooperating with Iran will bring about greater peace to the region. This is the ultimate Iranian Fuck U - S.A., to have GWB over a barrel and the Democrats prying the ass cheeks apart.

    By 2008 this will happen:
    1. Most US troops pull out of Iraq (but leave bases behind), GWB will announce peace in the region to pave the way for a Republican nominate.
    2. Democrats are once again all over the place because some of them will point out that Iranian involvement is a bad thing and blame the Republicans, some of them will claim credit for US troop pullout, and some of them will take credit for Iranian involvement as a way to mullify worldwide Islamic terrorism.
    3. Iran "guarantees" the security of Iraq, perhaps even with Iranian troops.
    4. Syria, bolstered by Iran, topples the democratic Lebanese government using Hezbollah. Lebanon becomes host to the Syrian parasite once again.
    5. The reflexive Israel shrinks back from its expanded settlements, but readies for all out war with Syria. If Israel strikes, it will bolster the Republicans chances for victory in 2008.
    6. American citizens are the losers once again, paying the price for Shock and Oops.
    OK Georgie tell me next weeks lotto numbers?

  6. #6
    Registered User luckydog71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by georgebushmoron
    By 2008 this will happen:
    1. Most US troops pull out of Iraq (but leave bases behind), GWB will announce peace in the region to pave the way for a Republican nominate.
    2. Democrats are once again all over the place because some of them will point out that Iranian involvement is a bad thing and blame the Republicans, some of them will claim credit for US troop pullout, and some of them will take credit for Iranian involvement as a way to mullify worldwide Islamic terrorism.
    3. Iran "guarantees" the security of Iraq, perhaps even with Iranian troops.
    4. Syria, bolstered by Iran, topples the democratic Lebanese government using Hezbollah. Lebanon becomes host to the Syrian parasite once again.
    5. The reflexive Israel shrinks back from its expanded settlements, but readies for all out war with Syria. If Israel strikes, it will bolster the Republicans chances for victory in 2008.
    6. American citizens are the losers once again, paying the price for Shock and Oops.
    That would be an optimistic view of what will happen in the next 2 years. I believe something different will occur.

    1. The DEMS in the house will continue to fight over who has the power, the old school liberals who have waited 12 years to implement their social policies and the neo-con DEMS who want to bring their party more to the center. This fight will continue for another 12 months.
    2. The senate will start down a path of investigations into what Bush knew and when he knew it, in an effort to prove he lied. This will last for 6 months. It would go on longer except for my #3 prediction
    3. In mid- 2007 Joe Lieberman will stop caucusing with the DEMS and start voting with the GOP. This will split the senate at 50/50 and the VP (see prediction #4) will be the tie breaking vote and the GOP will once again be in control of a split senate.
    4. Cheney will need to step down for reasons of health (not really but that is what they will say) and Condi will become the first woman to be VP. That would also make her the first black to hold that office.
    5. The UN will continue to pass resolutions condemning Iran. The US will not attacked Iran because Bush would not get any support from either party for such a move and we do not have enough equipment or personnel to engage Iran
    6. Israel on the other hand will not wait long. They have learned from their mistakes in Syria and will bomb the shit out of Iran’s nuclear installations. The explosions will spread nuclear dust over much of Iran. We will be on the brink of a world war.
    7. Oil prices will go through the roof and we will start into a recession. Many countries will erect trade barriers to protect their own economies (Pelosi will be early in her mistaken good intention of protecting union jobs).
    8. The DEMS will have their popularity drop so it is second lowest. Only Bush is lower. This will be the opportunity for Lieberman to make a run for President as an independent and his running mate will be…. Are you ready for it??????? Arnold Schwarzenegger . The Pres. Must be a natural born citizen of the US, the constitution is silent on the VP.

    BTW – I have a great track record for predicting the future. I was the one who said the Iraq war would be over in 6 months.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by westwoody
    Let the Kurds have Kurdistan, and let the Shi'a...have their own parts
    Shitistan?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,610

    Those most affected are forgotten

    Maybe the US could start worrying about the people in Iraq instead of worrying about how everything they do there will affect their polls. All I see here is a bunch of self serving politicians, from both sides of the House, worried about getting elected in '08, and not really giving a shit about the people whose country now lies in ruins.

  9. #9
    jus call me MR. President
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    1. The DEMS in the house will continue to fight over who has the power, the old school liberals who have waited 12 years to implement their social policies and the neo-con DEMS who want to bring their party more to the center. This fight will continue for another 12 months.
    Yeah, they'll keep fighting among themselves alright. That's why they'll end up doing nothing again, and standing for nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    2. The senate will start down a path of investigations into what Bush knew and when he knew it, in an effort to prove he lied. This will last for 6 months. It would go on longer except for my #3 prediction
    They had announced every intention to do so, but I think it will last much longer than 6 months.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    3. In mid- 2007 Joe Lieberman will stop caucusing with the DEMS and start voting with the GOP. This will split the senate at 50/50 and the VP (see prediction #4) will be the tie breaking vote and the GOP will once again be in control of a split senate.
    Lieberman, the scumbag, is the consummate strategist. He positioned himself for exactly what you are suggesting. He's among the most power hungry, yet he wears dove's clothes and portrays himself as the defender of liberties. In reality, he's self-implanted agent of Israel and will spend any amount of American tax payer dollars to front it. He was never a liberal, he was always a NEOCON backed by the Jewish lobby to subvert the Democrats. This is the true reason he is now an independent: the GOP is weak, the DEMS awash in their own stupidity like never before, and he wants to hold the balance of power.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    4. Cheney will need to step down for reasons of health (not really but that is what they will say) and Condi will become the first woman to be VP. That would also make her the first black to hold that office.
    The impact of this will be nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    5. The UN will continue to pass resolutions condemning Iran. The US will not attacked Iran because Bush would not get any support from either party for such a move and we do not have enough equipment or personnel to engage Iran
    Bush lost his chance to cut off the head of the snake when he went for Iraq instead of Iran. Now with a dismal failure and a protracted war, there is no taste for any more military adventures... unless someone else strikes first.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    6. Israel on the other hand will not wait long. They have learned from their mistakes in Syria and will bomb the shit out of Iran’s nuclear installations. The explosions will spread nuclear dust over much of Iran. We will be on the brink of a world war.
    I think Israel will attack Iran, but on a small scale. Syria will cause so much trouble for Israel now that Iran is strong, that Israel will have to focus attention on Syria (and Lebanon once again). I think it is more likely an Israeli-Syrian war.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    7. Oil prices will go through the roof and we will start into a recession. Many countries will erect trade barriers to protect their own economies (Pelosi will be early in her mistaken good intention of protecting union jobs).
    The Dems have always been the protectionists. Free trade was a mistake for the United States in the long run anyway. Now with Dems in more control, trade barriers are going to go up. I look forward to protectionist measures on all sides.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    8. The DEMS will have their popularity drop so it is second lowest. Only Bush is lower. This will be the opportunity for Lieberman to make a run for President as an independent and his running mate will be…. Are you ready for it??????? Arnold Schwarzenegger . The Pres. Must be a natural born citizen of the US, the constitution is silent on the VP.
    It's a bit of a stretch, a Lieberman + Schwarzenegger ticket, but could come true. Imagine that, a Jew and an Austrian. Adolf Hitler was originally an Austrian, what an irony. I hope Muscle-Head is not stupid enough to fall for it, but I'm willing to bet he'll take any opportunity he can get.
    <center><DIV STYLE="color: white ; background-color:#FF0000; width: 200px;">
    <table><tr><td><FONT face='Arial' size=2>
    <i>Yo no te ofrezco riquezas
    Te ofrezco mi corazon
    Te ofrezco mi corazon
    A cambio de mi pobreza.

    Malaguena salerosa
    Besar tus labios quisiera
    Besar tus labios quisiera.
    Malaguena salerosa
    Y decirte nina hermosa.
    </i></FONT>
    </td></tr></table>
    </DIV></center>

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,006
    Isreal has already bombed Iran's nuclear facilities at least once that I know of
    Israel has never bombed Iran's facilities. It was Iraq's Osiris reactor that was bombed.

    I think Israel will attack Iran, but on a small scale.
    Israel does not have the means to attack Iran and return to home base. Their aircraft do not have the range. Also, Iran will retaliate by launching ballistic missiles at Israeli cities. Casualties will be heavy. The Israeli's know this, which is why they are trying to convince the US to bomb Iran for them.

    Haven't they been fighting over that little patch of sand for about 600 or so years,
    The conflict in the Middle East began in 1920 with the collapse of the Ottoman empire, and European countries carving up the provinces arbritrarily, with disregard to the demographic make-up of the populations in these lands.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog71
    The DEMS will have their popularity drop so it is second lowest. Only Bush is lower. This will be the opportunity for Lieberman to make a run for President as an independent and his running mate will be…. Are you ready for it??????? Arnold Schwarzenegger . The Pres. Must be a natural born citizen of the US, the constitution is silent on the VP.
    The day that Joe Lieberman runs for president (on any ticket) will be the day that Thailand reverts to calling itself Siam and chooses me to be its king.

    I'm curious, though, about the VP citizenship thing. Since a VP is first in line to succeed a dead or incapacitated president, what happens if that VP was not born in America? The Speaker of the House becomes president? Does the VP remain the VP?

  12. #12

    If spreading nuke technology is so bad

    If spreading nuke technology is so bad then why did the US recently sign a deal with India for it to import American nuclear know-how?

  13. #13
    Registered User luckydog71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAGuy
    I'm curious, though, about the VP citizenship thing. Since a VP is first in line to succeed a dead or incapacitated president, what happens if that VP was not born in America? The Speaker of the House becomes president? Does the VP remain the VP?
    We would be in a constitutional crisis. There would be a conflict between 2 different clauses; one that says only natural born citizens are eligible; and the other which details succession should the office of the president become vacant.

    It would require a ruling by the Supreme Court. I think you are right... my guess is the court would rule a VP who was not US born could not take office, he/she would remain VP and the speaker (if they were US born) would become president.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydan
    If spreading nuke technology is so bad then why did the US recently sign a deal with India for it to import American nuclear know-how?
    One of the things that people don't think about is the necessity to renew a national nuclear arsenal.

    Some Links:
    http://www.lanl.gov/news/index.php/f.../story_id/6363
    http://www.cdi.org/PDFs/crs%20report%20on%20RRW.PDF
    http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0404/042304gsn1.htm

    It's expensive to maintain a nuclear capability and actually requires more capability and money than the initial weapons development programs.

    We don't have to be much concerned with the old USSR's nuclear arsenal because they, with the exception of Russian Federation, don't have the money to perform the maintenance cycles.

    There are some who believe that the Russian Federation hasn't been performing the maintenance cycles on their nuclear arsenal either.

    Given the known propensity of Islamic Nations to completely ignore maitenance, it is possible that Pakistan only recently began to attempt to catch up on maintenance. In Afghanistan it was found that the American provided weapons that had been so effective against USSR's forces were inoperative because of lack of maintenance.

    The Canadian provided CANDU system that the Indians had developed their arsenal with is at end of life. If the Americans want to provide for a nearby nuclear threat to Pakistan, they had to provide the Indians with the ability to continue to perform maitenance on their arsenal.

    The American positions on the possession of nuclear arsenals is completely based on money, cheap labour and resources like oil.

    They are against North Korea having weapons because of the threat to US interests in South Korean manufacturing capabilities plus the emerging capability in China. Since it's difficult to build new or renew old manufacturing capability in the USA because of Environmental, Land Use and Cheap Labour conciderations, the USA off-shores it's manufacturing capability.

    They are aginst Iran having weapons because of the threat to oil. The USA isn't politically capable of limiting their use of oil. The President in the last week of the 2006 Mid-Terms finally admitted what most knew, the Iraq war is all about oil. Only Donald Rumsfeld could have screwed up the attempt to secure Iraq's oil so badly that Iraq was exporting more oil under the Oil for Food programs than they are now.
    Last edited by sdw; 11-19-2006 at 03:50 AM.
    The Romans managed 1200 years, we won't manage 300. sdw

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by westwoody
    Iraq is an country created by colonial powers drawing lines on a map where they looked nice and tidy.
    Very true!

    Quote Originally Posted by westwoody
    Let the Kurds have Kurdistan, and let the Shi'a and Sunni factions have their own parts. Bush and his fellow idiots keep proving over and over that they know nothing about the area or its people. Give up this stupid fantasy-didn't anyone learn anything from Yugoslavia?
    The question is what exactly consists of Kurdistan? Would it be simply carved out of Iraq? Given the Kurds also live in Turkey and have fought a lengthy insurgent war agains the Turkish military, would that country be required to give up some of its territory for the creation of Kurdistan? I think to that there is a significant Kurd population in Iran near the Iraqi border, so would they and that territry be included as well?

    Like those nations that were part of Yugoslavia the big problem is who to include. For Yugoslavia the Great Powers at the time backtracked on their policy of creating a country for a nation and we can see the same backtracking was done when Iraq was created.

    I like the idea of dismantling Iraq as it may very well put in motion the end of the civil war plaguing the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •