Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Game.......

Let's Talk About Game.......

Hey all ladies and only some gentlemen need reply, how do you find the best way to meet the opposite sex if you are single and just wanting a date??

I don't go to clubs anymore for that. I find it best one on one. I'm all about trying to make the girl laugh & finding some common ground. I've found meeting people in other places such as while they're working, while on travelling, taking a class, etc. I can only think of twice from a club. Only one of those times was a sure bet. All the other times were in other places...

Just curious...why only "some" gentlemen?

Just ask a guy out on PERB.

You're surrounded by 1800 plus men on a monger site, and you need to ask how to meet men for just a date?

Hey guys, you don't have to pay $200 an hour, does anyone want to meet Stephi for just a date? No obligation, go Dutch.

I'll fix you up with Hamster, but don't fall in love, don't smell like a rabbit, don't mug him, and bring some wart ointment.

Usually meet new people through friends. I have good friends, so if they see something in that person at least I know they aren't psycho stalker type material. Maybe host a dinner party and ask a few of them to bring their favourite single person? Something simple like byob and you provide the appies?

Talking

That sounds like a kewl way. I was thinking one day,it must have been kewl in the barbaric days. You know way back when, just have a male come and club you over the head and feed you at his camp.

I just tried a "speed" dating thing, was actually a fun way to kill the night. Not too productive considering I live in Langley and almost everyone there was in Vancouver though. Do a search on Google, there's at least 3 varieties here.

I'm pretty much against getting hooked up by friends. Bad experiences, considering I consider myself fairly open-minded...I get worried about the speed dating thing too.

Interesting so far what I have observed is that most long lasting relationships are developed out of the same peer circuit, give or take a little periphery. How do you meet someone outside of that same old circuit? Ya think maybe this is why marriages don't last? It's just not exciting after awhile..... just my own 2 cents...............

Interesting thread

Stephi - have found a pretty good forumula for meeting interesting people - instead of looking where I am comfortable, I go where I get asked out which pushes the comfort zone.

For example, last 1/2 dozen or so "relationships" of any length of time were all situations where I was approached first. Where? Language course. Bike tour of wine country. Whale watching. Museum etc. None remotely resembling the clubs of my youth.

I agree that getting outside your circuit is important to push yourself. Much more interesting too.

Ultimate lover

Smile

That's why you need to have some space for both, and of course, show a little bit of romance to each other is a great way to make it last. My 0.02!

Originally posted by stephi_bryn
    Interesting so far what I have observed is that most long lasting relationships are developed out of the same peer circuit, give or take a little periphery. How do you meet someone outside of that same old circuit? Ya think maybe this is why marriages don't last? It's just not exciting after awhile..... just my own 2 cents...............

What is the right man, as I seem to meet nothing but attached women? (not just intended for Vancouver Julia)...

just curious why do i get the sense that vancouver julia is someone else in disguise

Cariņoso; Affectueux !!! oberon1999's Avatar

Re: Gee thanks but I am in the buis but getting out, no thanks to you

Originally posted by Vancouver Julia
    I am a woman I just have intel in my geans
    Really, a word of advice if you are going to say stuff like that check your spelling :-)

oberon
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father.
    Prepare to die.

I am currently dating a girl from Lavalife, we have been together for 3 months and I cant get enough of her. Shes not the first too, I must add.

I have met several girls at the Country bars as I like a girl who appreciates Country music, most of the ones I meet at other places dont care too much for Country.

Hmm, reminder to self, time to go back to one, its been months. The Calgary Stampede dont count!

Wink Hey Julia - Genetic Pants and Some Advice

If your intelligence is in your geans, what do you have in your jeans or, for that matter, in your genes?

Just curious?

What was that saying, oh yeah "If the hole you are in is getting too deep, stop digging".
    Last edited by HowieMeeker; 07-18-2003 at 12:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast