Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Trump wants to re-open the USA by Easter, April 12

Don Trump wants to re-open the USA by Easter, April 12

Don Trump wants to re-open the USA, by Easter, April 12.

While this is VERY subjective, and impossible to precisely define, "If it is sufficiently safe, and we collectively have the presence of mind to take precautions," that is good to see some "light at the end of the tunnel."

Does Tru-Tru Trudeau have any similar time goals?

I wouldn't totally mind the Can-Am borders being closed to "non-essential" traffic until the planned April 26, "just to be a bit more safe."

AAA,
    TJM

Make no mistake: If it's beyond a reasonable doubt that it's unsafe to open up earlier, I favor continuing the lockdowns.

Yes, I dislike being couped up, like anybody else. But, I'm willing to "pay now," spending more time locked down, if that can make it safer for all of us, going forward.

AAA,
    TJM

" Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change” – Frank Lloyd Wright

Said half jokingly, I'm going stir crazy, having no health clubs or exercise rooms to life weights at.

Seriously, that is a place that can leave us vulnerable, so I'm willing to sacrifice weights, saunas, hot tubs, basketball courts, until it is deemed to be sufficiently safe. I'd rather wait longer, than prematurely go back to "normal things," have many people get sick, essentially making this an even bigger setback.

I hope that I'm proven wrong, but April 12 seems too optimistic.

AAA,
    TJM

I would accept April 30, 2020, so long as it's not more than that. The economy has to continue, or we will starve.

Pack the churches on Easter so we can get the mass graves packed by mid May!!!!

https://www.ajc.com/news/virus-claim...z2gcoZ7QLvPZN/

This is what happens when someone can't get to an ER in time for intubation and oxygen - they end up drowning in their own fluids.

IMO, the only deadline that's important is when reported deaths go to zero for 2 weeks. Then restrictions can be lifted. And even then, we'd have to implement strict quarantine for visitors or we'd be in for a second round of infection.
    Last edited by wetnose; 03-25-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Sir DATY the Vulvinator
    I fear the President may be living in a state of the change curve called uninformed optimism. Seems a tad aggressive given what is happening with the new case curve.

Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. That’s pretty obvious from his behaviour.

So far, food and basic supply production is going on, and all the supply lines are still open.
    So our basic needs will be met for a long time.
    Of course this could change, but from current conditions, there is no expectation of these lines being stopped.
    So the basic economy will continue so we can hopefully defeat this virus.
    The Economy Bone Spurs is worried about are him and his buddies losing money and hence votes in 7 months or so from now.
    Seems every 100 years or so, the world purges and comes back.

Maybe this is what will reset housing & rental prices. If renters do get evicted and don't have the resources to pay those high rents, those units may stay vacant, forcing the landlords to drop rents if they want tenants.

The only time I have agreed with Trump “we need to get back to work”, the cure will be worse than the cause (long term), suicide rates will rise from stress, small/med/large businesses won’t be able to recover, social gatherings should be on hold indefinitely....

I'm giving an exaggerated scenario, just to illustrate my point. Because of course, Corona could never be completely dissolved by June 1, 2020.

"Hypothetically, if we remain in lockdown until June 1, 2020, and in return, Corona completely ceases to exist," I would take that.

Two more months of cabin fever would drive me crazy, but I would pay that price now, rather than pay more later, just for more immediate instant gratification.

AAA,
    TJM

I agree, either go all in with the lockdown or say F it, everyone just take your chances out there. I have had enough of this halfway approach.

He said he would like to open up business down there by Easter. And not in all states. The border was never mentioned. Not his call. It's ours!

The only safe way to open up business by Easter is if they could implement daily mass testing (as in the WHOLE population), have a guaranteed 100% correct result (some tests are not reliable) within 10 seconds and enforce a quarantine on those infected. So you'd clearly know who's infected and who's not.

But that's simply not possible - might as well be asking for a thriving city in the Marianas Trench.

Injected and Blown
    Quote Originally Posted by wetnose View Post
    Pack the churches on Easter so we can get the mass graves packed by mid May!!!!

https://www.ajc.com/news/virus-claim...z2gcoZ7QLvPZN/

This is what happens when someone can't get to an ER in time for intubation and oxygen - they end up drowning in their own fluids.

IMO, the only deadline that's important is when reported deaths go to zero for 2 weeks. Then restrictions can be lifted. And even then, we'd have to implement strict quarantine for visitors or we'd be in for a second round of infection.
    If only the covid virus could talk. It would say........Mr trump, go fuck yourself. I'm not done yet.
    And when I am you will see when I'm done.
    Trump better get smart fast and make his decisions on that. Never mind the pussyfooting BS and
    attacking news reporters. That doesn't get it done calling out whats her name in the news conference earlier
    today saying "you write fake news and she rights fake news". Trump himself writes the fake news.

Also, places like Australia are just on their way into their winter months where this virus could take
    serious hold there. Is this fake news? We'll see. And if Australia doesn't control a pandemic if it hits
    there we could be in for round two again next fall. Christ, let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. That’s pretty obvious from his behaviour.
    Like in this?.................

........................QM'r
    "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be Blown"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast