Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: An Ontario Court judge has ruled that three parts of Canada's prostitution laws viola

  1. #1
    girls just wanna have fu
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    your GF's panties
    Posts
    4,026

    An Ontario Court judge has ruled that three parts of Canada's prostitution laws viola

    "An Ontario Court judge has ruled that three parts of Canada's prostitution laws violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms."

    Justice Thomas McKay ruled that the laws, which prohibit procuring, advertising and materially benefiting from someone else's sexual services, are unconstitutional.

    That means the charges against London, Ont., couple Tiffany Harvey and Hamad Anwar are stayed.

    They ran Fantasy World Escorts until it was shut down by police in 2015.

    In his ruling, McKay said the law against advertising violates the Charter right to freedom of expression, and the laws against procuring and materially benefiting violate the Charter guarantee of "security of the person."

    Anwar cried as the verdict was read and put his arm around Harvey.

    "We won. We won them all," Harvey told someone on the phone outside court.

    The couple's family members, who came to all of the court hearings in the last four years, also wept and hugged each other."

    continued at length at:

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/londo...onal-1.5471207

  2. #2
    Somehow that doesn’t seem important all in this most unsettling time.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    "An Ontario Court judge has ruled that three parts of Canada's prostitution laws violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms."

    Justice Thomas McKay ruled that the laws, which prohibit procuring, advertising and materially benefiting from someone else's sexual services, are unconstitutional.

    That means the charges against London, Ont., couple Tiffany Harvey and Hamad Anwar are stayed.

    They ran Fantasy World Escorts until it was shut down by police in 2015.

    In his ruling, McKay said the law against advertising violates the Charter right to freedom of expression, and the laws against procuring and materially benefiting violate the Charter guarantee of "security of the person."

    Anwar cried as the verdict was read and put his arm around Harvey.

    "We won. We won them all," Harvey told someone on the phone outside court.

    The couple's family members, who came to all of the court hearings in the last four years, also wept and hugged each other."

    continued at length at:

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/londo...onal-1.5471207
    An Ontario Court Judge - he may also be a lurker like us, using escort services time to time

  4. #4
    Glad to see it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Somehow that doesn’t seem important all in this most unsettling time.
    Wouldn't all news and topics be of significance to some readers in the lounge? Specially those about laws? This is still a forum about prostitution after all, not pandemics...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nwtl View Post
    Wouldn't all news and topics be of significance to some readers in the lounge? Specially those about laws? This is still a forum about prostitution after all, not pandemics...
    Unfortunately the pandemic may lay waste to prostitution as we know it. Anybody who thinks differently maybe should consider the reality of the situation

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Unfortunately the pandemic may lay waste to prostitution as we know it. Anybody who thinks differently maybe should consider the reality of the situation
    Yes 100 percent agreement on this one. Whoever disagrees should come back here after 6 months and see

  8. #8
    you mean like the Spanish Flu did? lol

    prostitution never did recover from that did it

    or any other issue since mankind, er, peoplekind have had issues with thinning of the herd

    hardly, it hasn't even stopped it now, are ladies still not adv't?

    has Leolist gone dark?

    we're worldwide at what 14000 or so deaths? out of 7 billion+, after 3 months?

    China of which it's basically contained finally, which has 1.5-1.8 billion, depending on which stat you believe

    it's going to take a lot more than this to exterminate our parasitic species desire for sex, lol

  9. #9
    https://nationalpost.com/health/how-...mal-life-go-on

    here's how it could have been if we didn't have 2 incompetent leaders

    the wannabe sock model and the orangutan

    2 useless trust fund babies who have no real talents/experience except doing what is in their interests

    our first cases came from China/Iran, now they're coming from the US, according to the health expert in Alberta 2 days ago

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by overdone View Post
    you mean like the Spanish Flu did? lol

    prostitution never did recover from that did it

    or any other issue since mankind, er, peoplekind have had issues with thinning of the herd

    hardly, it hasn't even stopped it now, are ladies still not adv't?

    has Leolist gone dark?

    we're worldwide at what 14000 or so deaths? out of 7 billion+, after 3 months?

    China of which it's basically contained finally, which has 1.5-1.8 billion, depending on which stat you believe

    it's going to take a lot more than this to exterminate our parasitic species desire for sex, lol
    The shit hasn’t hit the fan yet. It was a different world one hundred and two years ago.

  11. #11
    The court decision came out a month ago. Here is a link to the decision.
    https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/do...20oncj103.html

    The Crown had two prohibitionist "expert witnesses" and the judge chose to ignore them, with reason.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,086
    But its still illegal for someone to pay for sex......

    After the virus infection rate flatlines, and stays there. A slow increase in social gathering, watching the infection rate etc. More increase in social gatherings.... etc.... Could take 6 months or more...

    You will see a escorting come back.

  13. #13
    True statement!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Unfortunately the pandemic may lay waste to prostitution as we know it.

    That statement should be nominated as the stupidest thing ever printed on PERB.


    There have been numorous actual plagues throughout history, some of them actually airborne, and of the sort FAR more lethal than this relatively minor impact. Prostitution has outlived them all, and arguably prostitution is thriving better than ever in the present.

    Even if you died, and everyone on PERB died later this year or next, prostitution would live on in the very same tradition it has always known.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •