Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Please take the self quarantine seriously

  1. #1

    Please take the self quarantine seriously

    As a health care provider in a local ICU here in the lower mainland, please take the recommended social distancing and self quarantine’s seriously.
    This is an excellent read about what is coming to an ICU near you:

    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ors-who-lives/

    Be safe out there

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Among the Hill People
    Posts
    96
    First they crowd the stores to hoard food, now they'll use up all the ventilators.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Among the Hill People
    Posts
    96
    Not the community of idiots that didn't take this seriously right off the bat.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Check your closet..:)
    Posts
    2,477
    Golfed yesterday, then a movie, had breakfast with friends this morning at the restaurant, went shopping and having a BBQ with friends tonight...OH WAIT...that was last year...
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

  5. #5
    It is scary going by the seawall and English Bay area. How so many people still aren't doing the social distancing. I'm sure they will feel the pain and regret in the weeks to come. Unfortunately, they will be hurting others as well.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Check your closet..:)
    Posts
    2,477
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

  7. #7
    Sir DATY the Vulvinator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Varies
    Posts
    357
    We better get to building ventilators, lots of them, and quickly.

  8. #8
    OP, I completely agree with you. People are in denial. Its time for people to take this pandemic seriously and stop playing russian roulette with their lives and others. Working under lackdown in the group home that I work for is not fun..Using PPE, Enforcing rules,keeping clients away from each other, eating at different times, sanitizing,its extremely stressful. When the shit hits the fan, we are all going to be in big trouble.Lets hope people start taking responsibility for themselves and their actions,and in doing so, we will be protecting our lives and the lives of others.

  9. #9
    Professional Dominatrix
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver & Richmond
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Avioneto123 View Post
    OP, I completely agree with you. People are in denial. Its time for people to take this pandemic seriously and stop playing russian roulette with their lives and others. Working under lackdown in the group home that I work for is not fun..Using PPE, Enforcing rules,keeping clients away from each other, eating at different times, sanitizing,its extremely stressful. When the shit hits the fan, we are all going to be in big trouble.Lets hope people start taking responsibility for themselves and their actions,and in doing so, we will be protecting our lives and the lives of others.
    The shit has already hit the fan.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    South Vancouver
    Posts
    1,500
    First hand account from ICU in Lousiana:

    https://www.propublica.org/article/a...young-patients

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy99 View Post
    As a health care provider in a local ICU here in the lower mainland, please take the recommended social distancing and self quarantine’s seriously.
    This is an excellent read about what is coming to an ICU near you:

    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ors-who-lives/

    Be safe out there
    Thank you for your hard work, this sobering post and link .
    You know In all honesty I don’t think some people get it. The Gov is shutting everything down . Everyday it’s something else being closed or a city locking down .A lot of people are getting the message and socially distancing /self isolating themselves for the greater good .
    I don't think it's fair to shame an other for working . But I do feel important that ladies and guys alike understand the risk involved during these times . What the health professionals, governments and scientists have been working day and night on is coming up with a vaccine. In the meantime reducing .the spread of the virus . Plain and Simple .It why their shutting everything down .
    They don’t care about the circumstances of why people are gathering . They just want people to isolate themselves to try and get a handle on this thing . So it’s. not about the job itself. The nature of the work is irrelevant . It’s about being close with others and possibly increasing the spread of the virus.
    People aren't thinking of the bigger picture here. In a way it’s like working against what everybody is trying to achieve . Reducing the spread and death rate of this virus.
    We all want to be safe and don’t want to see anybody we know die. I sorta get the financial part. People have bills and rent. But since when did risking the health of others become ok ? Cause that’s what’s happening here.
    Look at the numbers, read the links on this thread. Very sobering indeed. they don’t lie. It’s just going to get worse .Much worse.
    Some where on here it was mentioned 4-8 weeks. Um no. Try 3-6 months minimum till a vaccine is found . Probably another 2-4 months to get the vaccine distributed and find normal again.

    There may be Federal or Provincial government financial assistance as mentioned in this thread for the ladies.

    https://perb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...or-Sex-Workers

    I saw it on the news when it broke . They are allowing small business owners to apply for EI. They are also offering financial support to small businesses . Ladies run a business . As long as your paying taxes maybe there is some help here . Not as much as your probably used to but better than nothing . Hundreds of Thousands of people are having to go on EI now . When the gov issues stay at home orders/ work stoppage really won't have any choice but to shut It down
    . Everybody right now is running the risk of being symptomatic or asymptomatic and unknowingly infecting others. It's why we're self Isolating .

    March 13, 8 PM Canada
    138 Cases
    1 Death

    US
    1215 Cases
    36 Deaths

    Globally
    137 674 cases
    5080 Deaths
    70 437 Recovered .

    March 21. One week later
    Canada
    1328 Cases ,
    19 Deaths. 1.5 percent death rate
    14 Recovered

    US
    26 892 Cases
    348 Deaths. 1.5 percent rate
    178 Recovered

    Globally
    308 595 Cases
    13 069 Deaths, 4 percent death rate
    95 829 Recovered
    Last edited by Reference3A; 03-22-2020 at 03:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wetnose View Post
    First hand account from ICU in Lousiana:

    https://www.propublica.org/article/a...young-patients
    That's not good at all. Very eye opening !!

  13. #13
    Sir DATY the Vulvinator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Varies
    Posts
    357
    Things have taken on a new perspective in the last couple of weeks. Our government had a lot more information than any of us had, but took months to close air travel, and are still letting planes land and people still aren't being adequately screened and let loose to self isolate on some pretense that they will.

    Personally, I don't even like going to the grocery store now, but I have to every few days. I'd limit it to once a week, but the shelves seem to be getting more and more empty by the day, and they have limit signs on every thing. A guy can't even buy more than two of anything. I watched some guy in Walmart last night touch virtually every bag of hot dog buns on the shelf. I was keeping two metres away waiting, but finally just said, "buddy, with all this Covid-19, do you think you could just touch only the one you're buying." He got fairly flippant about just squeezing them for freshness. I waited till he left and bought the highest priced ones on a different shelf, hoping he hadn't fondled them as well.

    A lot of the indie and micro ads are from girls who've likely come from the country of origin lately so probably higher risk than normal. And if one guy with C-19 sees a lot of girls, it will spread really quickly.

    I gotta eat, but I can jack off and get by. Come to think of it, I've had lots of dates over the years where I'd have been better to have just jacked off because the advertisement was a complete fraud and/or the sex was lousy.

    While I might have wasted money on something else, I'd likely have a couple of hundred grand in the bank if I'd never started pooning, still perhaps cheaper than a divorce because there hasn't been any action at home for more than a couple of decades. That money would come in mighty handy about now as the last ten years have kinda sucked financially and it's going to get a lot worse now.

    Anyways, I think it will be the left hand and XNXX.com for quite a while. Nothing but scammers and flakes on CU these days, not that that would be any safer with C-19.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Reference3A View Post
    Thank you for your hard work, this sobering post and link .
    You know In all honesty I don’t think some people get it. The Gov is shutting everything down . Everyday it’s something else being closed or a city locking down .A lot of people are getting the message and socially distancing /self isolating themselves for the greater good .
    I don't think it's fair to shame an other for working . But I do feel important that ladies and guys alike understand the risk involved during these times . What the health professionals, governments and scientists have been working day and night on is coming up with a vaccine. In the meantime reducing .the spread of the virus . Plain and Simple .It why their shutting everything down .
    They don’t care about the circumstances of why people are gathering . They just want people to isolate themselves to try and get a handle on this thing . So it’s. not about the job itself. The nature of the work is irrelevant . It’s about being close with others and possibly increasing the spread of the virus.
    People aren't thinking of the bigger picture here. In a way it’s like working against what everybody is trying to achieve . Reducing the spread and death rate of this virus.
    We all want to be safe and don’t want to see anybody we know die. I sorta get the financial part. People have bills and rent. But since when did risking the health of others become ok ? Cause that’s what’s happening here.
    Look at the numbers, read the links on this thread. Very sobering indeed. they don’t lie. It’s just going to get worse .Much worse.
    Some where on here it was mentioned 4-8 weeks. Um no. Try 3-6 months minimum till a vaccine is found . Probably another 2-4 months to get the vaccine distributed and find normal again.

    There may be Federal or Provincial government financial assistance as mentioned in this thread for the ladies.

    https://perb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...or-Sex-Workers

    I saw it on the news when it broke . They are allowing small business owners to apply for EI. They are also offering financial support to small businesses . Ladies run a business . As long as your paying taxes maybe there is some help here . Not as much as your probably used to but better than nothing . Hundreds of Thousands of people are having to go on EI now . When the gov issues stay at home orders/ work stoppage really won't have any choice but to shut It down
    . Everybody right now is running the risk of being symptomatic or asymptomatic and unknowingly infecting others. It's why we're self Isolating .

    March 13, 8 PM Canada
    138 Cases
    1 Death

    US
    1215 Cases
    36 Deaths

    Globally
    137 674 cases
    5080 Deaths
    70 437 Recovered .

    March 21. One week later
    Canada
    1328 Cases ,
    19 Deaths. 1.5 percent death rate
    14 Recovered

    US
    26 892 Cases
    348 Deaths. 1.5 percent rate
    178 Recovered

    Globally
    308 595 Cases
    13 069 Deaths, 4 percent death rate
    95 829 Recovered


    China, cause of their dictatorship, have already pretty much contained it there, the epicenter

    their new cases are from people coming home

    they have almost a quarter of the worlds population

    most places have closed their borders


    this hasn't even come close to 1% world wide, it hasn't even come close to 1% in any country

    the complete irrational emotional response by our Media, Politicians, who failed to act, our first case was 2 months ago, Trudeau's Liberals acted last week, 2 months later

    which is being amplified by the public, ie hording shit, wearing masks, hazmat suits, ect....

    virtually all our cases are from travel, no one was screened, quarantined, even spoken to when getting off a plane, crossing a border

    the US was even more inept with the denier in chief

    but, yet, still despite their failure, it still isn't getting even close to 1%

    in Alberta, 226 cases I think as of today, 16, 16 are from community transmission, the rest are still from someone who got it from travel

    our borders are closed, mostly now


    cases worldwide with your number

    0.000044085 out of 7 billion

    death rate 0.000001867

    it's been 3 months, our government acted last week

    it's time to get some perspective, take hygiene normal precautions like you would with the flu

    but being batshit crazy, emotional irrational fear is a little much

    even with our Lack of political leadership in Canada and the US


















    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehma View Post
    Things have taken on a new perspective in the last couple of weeks. Our government had a lot more information than any of us had, but took months to close air travel, and are still letting planes land and people still aren't being adequately screened and let loose to self isolate on some pretense that they will.

    Personally, I don't even like going to the grocery store now, but I have to every few days. I'd limit it to once a week, but the shelves seem to be getting more and more empty by the day, and they have limit signs on every thing. A guy can't even buy more than two of anything. I watched some guy in Walmart last night touch virtually every bag of hot dog buns on the shelf. I was keeping two metres away waiting, but finally just said, "buddy, with all this Covid-19, do you think you could just touch only the one you're buying." He got fairly flippant about just squeezing them for freshness. I waited till he left and bought the highest priced ones on a different shelf, hoping he hadn't fondled them as well.
    .
    irrational emotion

    was he spitting on them?

    coughing on them?

    did he spit at you?

    cough on you?

    you think no one else ever touched those buns?

    how'd they get on the shelf, to the store, from the warehouse?

    first off he'd have to have the corona, picked his nose, wiped his nose, mouth, then touched the buns

    saw a news report on CBS Sun morning news this morning, first one that wasn't trying to make people shit their pants with irrational emotion

    showed a guy who was on the cruise ship that got quarantined in Japan, he's back in the US at home, tested positive, never had a single symptom, not one

    they talked to a epidemiologist, psychiatrist, couple other experts, all were within 2 feet of each other, walking, talking, not shitting themselves

    cause they weren't letting their fear/emotions control them


    look at the idiots on the news, sitting 4-6 ft from each other at the anchor desk, barely can get them both in the shot

    guy on the street had a mic taped to a pole, lol

    if it's that bad, why be out and about, in the same room? lol

    this isn't an airborne disease


    it's one thing to not go out in large crowds

    not go out when feeling sick/under the weather

    it's another to go out sniffling, wiping your nose, coughing

    staying away from vulnerable people, vulnerable people staying away from others

    but the irrational emotional bullshit over this is moronic

    our Politicians and the Media, specially the Media, for fucksakes every fucking new item is preying on our irrational emotions

    look at the numbers, despite our SOCK MODELS FAILURE TO ACT, they aren't statistically outlandish

    and that's 2 months after the first confirmed case, with them doing virtually nothing till last week, last week!!!!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by overdone View Post
    China, cause of their dictatorship, have already pretty much contained it there, the epicenter

    their new cases are from people coming home

    they have almost a quarter of the worlds population

    most places have closed their borders


    this hasn't even come close to 1% world wide, it hasn't even come close to 1% in any country

    the complete irrational emotional response by our Media, Politicians, who failed to act, our first case was 2 months ago, Trudeau's Liberals acted last week, 2 months later

    which is being amplified by the public, ie hording shit, wearing masks, hazmat suits, ect....

    virtually all our cases are from travel, no one was screened, quarantined, even spoken to when getting off a plane, crossing a border

    the US was even more inept with the denier in chief

    but, yet, still despite their failure, it still isn't getting even close to 1%

    in Alberta, 226 cases I think as of today, 16, 16 are from community transmission, the rest are still from someone who got it from travel

    our borders are closed, mostly now


    cases worldwide with your number

    0.000044085 out of 7 billion

    death rate 0.000001867

    it's been 3 months, our government acted last week

    it's time to get some perspective, take hygiene normal precautions like you would with the flu

    but being batshit crazy, emotional irrational fear is a little much

    even with our Lack of political leadership in Canada and the US


    irrational emotion

    was he spitting on them?

    coughing on them?

    did he spit at you?

    cough on you?

    you think no one else ever touched those buns?

    how'd they get on the shelf, to the store, from the warehouse?

    first off he'd have to have the corona, picked his nose, wiped his nose, mouth, then touched the buns

    saw a news report on CBS Sun morning news this morning, first one that wasn't trying to make people shit their pants with irrational emotion

    showed a guy who was on the cruise ship that got quarantined in Japan, he's back in the US at home, tested positive, never had a single symptom, not one

    they talked to a epidemiologist, psychiatrist, couple other experts, all were within 2 feet of each other, walking, talking, not shitting themselves

    cause they weren't letting their fear/emotions control them


    look at the idiots on the news, sitting 4-6 ft from each other at the anchor desk, barely can get them both in the shot

    guy on the street had a mic taped to a pole, lol

    if it's that bad, why be out and about, in the same room? lol

    this isn't an airborne disease


    it's one thing to not go out in large crowds

    not go out when feeling sick/under the weather

    it's another to go out sniffling, wiping your nose, coughing

    staying away from vulnerable people, vulnerable people staying away from others

    but the irrational emotional bullshit over this is moronic

    our Politicians and the Media, specially the Media, for fucksakes every fucking new item is preying on our irrational emotions

    look at the numbers, despite our SOCK MODELS FAILURE TO ACT, they aren't statistically outlandish

    and that's 2 months after the first confirmed case, with them doing virtually nothing till last week, last week!!!!


    Like I said some people don't get it. Think what you want. Can't help those who are in denial.
    Listen to what scientists, health care professional, CDC and WHO are saying . Nothing to do
    with the media.
    We will talk in 30 days as will have better idea how long this will go on for and how bad it will be.
    Mortality is calculated using cases and number of deaths . The mortality rate vs population is a whole
    different conversation. But yes you will in time see those number rise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •