Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

There are only two arguments in this Covid - 19 scenario; those that believe the hype, social media especially, and those that don't. Those that believe, in all honesty, are acting a little bit bat shit crazy and those that don't believe the hype tend to ignore the ridiculous amount of bullshit information on the internet and stick to the facts.

I'm not saying this isn't serious, because it absolutely is. But it's not the end of the world. Pay attention, be rational. How many of you on this board went out and bought a crazy amount of toilet paper, can goods, meat, water and pasta? Like I said batshit crazy!

The damage to the economy is going to far outweigh any damage from the virus when all is said and done. So be rational, think long and hard before you accept something as being a fact. Don't ignore the obvious precautions, but don't over blow the risks.

I hope all of you, your family and friends come out the other end of this healthy and able to carry on. It is going to be a bleak few months for us all, if not longer.

Bob
    " Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change” – Frank Lloyd Wright

Fact: you are posting in the wrong forum.

It's insanity!

I'm waiting for the $20 bbbj. Will hoard all those!

Quote Originally Posted by Beasting View Post
    I'm waiting for the $20 bbbj. Will hoard all those!
    My guess is it will be going the other way. The ladies gonna be doublin up for danger pay!

I'm not saying this isn't serious, because it absolutely is. But it's not the end of the world. Pay attention, be rational. How many of you on this board went out and bought a crazy amount of toilet paper, can goods, meat, water and pasta? Like I said batshit crazy!

bob, one word for you and you ought to ask people in N. Italy for its definition, because whether you believe it or not it’s coming.

QUARANTINE

Professional Dominatrix

Professional Dominatrix
    The reality of the situation is this virus will likely be around for awhile. Much longer than most people seem to realize.

and what about Zeka, nobody talks about that anymore. There's no way they fixed that.
    Seriously though, this one is bad, especailly for the elderly. The end of the day your health is far more important than the economy.

Professional Dominatrix
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydepth View Post
    and what about Zeka, nobody talks about that anymore. There's no way they fixed that.
    Seriously though, this one is bad, especailly for the elderly. The end of the day your health is far more important than the economy.
    The state of the economy also has an effect on the state of peoples health. The two are, to a great extent, intertwined.

A few things to take into consideration,

Stress weakens the immune system. Stress also can set off mental illness in people who are susceptible. Suicide rates increase significantly at times of economic hardship.

If the economy gets shut down for an extended period of time how are people expected to feed their families? People in poverty have much higher rates of both physical and mental illnesses.

Professional Dominatrix
    I do understand the seriousness of this virus and the damage its causing. I was a nurse in my former career. I do have formal eduction in regards to infectious diseases.

But, I'm also old enough to remember what the 1987 crash did to my family's economic situation at the time. It wasn't pretty. I also remember 2008. That wasn't a great time either. Economically speaking, 2020 is an entirely different beast.

Professional Dominatrix
    Stress related to finances is what killed my father a few years ago. He had a heart attack.

And not too long before this he was working a good job and my parents were doing pretty well, and they were always very careful with their spending. Then a completely unexpected event happed that pretty much wiped them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    Stress related to finances is what killed my father a few years ago. He had a heart attack.

And not too long before this he was working a good job and my parents were doing pretty well, and they were always very careful with their spending. Then a completely unexpected event happed that pretty much wiped them out.
    I am so sorry to hear that. That is heart breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMcgee View Post

bob, one word for you and you ought to ask people in N. Italy for its definition, because whether you believe it or not it’s coming.

QUARANTINE
    Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world, 1st or 2nd I believe, which is the worst affected part of the population

we aren't anywhere near their level of old people, believe they are around 26%, we're around 16%

it also affects smokers worse, again, we don't have the rates of smokers that Italy has

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    The reality of the situation is this virus will likely be around for awhile. Much longer than most people seem to realize.
    I bet the doomsday preppers are on cloud nine these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast