PERB In Need of Banner

Canada works

CanineCowboy

Feb 5, 2010
I have been super impressed at the speed and breadth of our governments' decision making. Thinking of the dichotomy that existed just a few weeks ago, I have really appreciated the lack of partisanship and regionalism. Basically in the span of a week, the governments have been trying to reconstruct every aspect of our lives to keep us safe. The feds have committed over $90 billion in payments and deferrals in a very wide net to help support us through the next 12 weeks!

Trudeau has seemed very Prime Ministerial, Chrysta Freeland has been her usual rockstar self (definitely a potential PM in waiting), Horgan and Dix have been nothing but direct and competent, and I have every confidence in Theresa Tam and Bonnie Henry.

I have also appreciated the voluntary actions and sacrifices taken by private businesses, from closing offices to enforce that their employees work from home, to actually shuttering operations.

It is amazing that when times get tough, without complaint, we shift way left to support each other. And despite the hoarders, I have rarely felt so thankful and privileged to be Canadian and to live on this side of the border!

carvesg

Feb 2, 2010
I have been super impressed at the speed and breadth of our governments' decision making. Thinking of the dichotomy that existed just a few weeks ago, I have really appreciated the lack of partisanship and regionalism. Basically in the span of a week, the governments have been trying to reconstruct every aspect of our lives to keep us safe. The feds have committed over $90 billion in payments and deferrals in a very wide net to help support us through the next 12 weeks!

Trudeau has seemed very Prime Ministerial, Chrysta Freeland has been her usual rockstar self (definitely a potential PM in waiting), Horgan and Dix have been nothing but direct and competent, and I have every confidence in Theresa Tam and Bonnie Henry.

I have also appreciated the voluntary actions and sacrifices taken by private businesses, from closing offices to enforce that their employees work from home, to actually shuttering operations.

It is amazing that when times get tough, without complaint, we shift way left to support each other. And despite the hoarders, I have rarely felt so thankful and privileged to be Canadian and to live on this side of the border!
I wish that you could have written the same thing a week ago but it might be just my perception on things .

I know that the American border closure was problematic because of the oddball at the White House but the other measures were days behind what the science and mathematics were telling everybody. But at least it's finally done and will be implemented .

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
I wish that you could have written the same thing a week ago but it might be just my perception on things .

I know that the American border closure was problematic because of the oddball at the White House but the other measures were days behind what the science and mathematics were telling everybody. But at least it's finally done and will be implemented .
Yeah, our governments will make mistakes, but I think they're honestly trying to balance competing needs and make the right decisions. I am not a fan of Trudeau and I don't like the present government of B.C. at all, but I do think that at this time they're all putting in their best efforts. I'm inclined not to snipe at them from the peanut gallery while they try to deal with all this. There'll be lots of time for criticism after the situation stabilizes.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
I know that the American border closure was problematic
I work in air and road cargo.

You cannot imagine how much food, medicine, and medical equipment comes in daily. DAILY.
To slam the door shut without thinking of the consequences would have brought on a retaliatory response from the US President. That's always a concern. And then we would have been totally fucked.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
I have been super impressed at the speed and breadth of our governments' decision making
The plans laid out seem pretty thorough and well thought out. They even extended the income tax deadline! Major banks are allowing mortgage deferrals. I would never have seen that coming.
Shocked at how many stores closed voluntarily yesterday and even more today.

I have rarely felt so thankful and privileged to be Canadian and to live on this side of the border!
Costco today, huge lineup but everyone was polite, patient, and only one asshole tried to cut in line. Staff dealt with him politely but firmly.
And I got toilet paper YAY!!

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
the utter inept Liberals, really?

the horse left the barn weeks ago, you want to see how a government who is competent handles something like this

look at Taiwan, basically same timeline as Canada's cases, look at where they are now

ffs, until last Sun, March 15th people were arriving at our airports with no screening, no warnings, no quarantine, that should have been happening in January

90 billion, sure, it's going to get to people that really need it, you honestly believe that?

you think self-employed, under-employed, poor people are really going to get their taste?

you think millionaires aren't going to stick their beaks in? lol

Loblaws, 12 million for fridges, that's how the Liberals dole out money

you got people getting GST, meaning you don't make a lot of money

you got people on CPP disability

the tax role

they are too stupid to use the system to just directly send cheques out to the people, watch they will have a convoluted moronic scheme which will be gamed

when you offer free, all the weasels come out of the woodwork

those at the bottom rarely get but crumbs

impressed, the incompetence of Trudeau has been on full display since he was packing for his UN begging tour, how sad that's what you think is competence

throwing 90 billion out there

that is Trudeau's only talent though, spending by debt

guess you think the trickle down theory works :flypig:

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010
they are too stupid to use the system to just directly send cheques out to the people, watch they will have a convoluted moronic scheme which will be gamed

throwing 90 billion out there

that is Trudeau's only talent though, spending by debt
Do you honestly believe sending money directly to citizens would not require additional debt? Whether the government provides stimulus/additional social program measures, it will require debt.

CanineCowboy

Feb 5, 2010
Overdone, I own my own small business and I employ people.

I haven't slept well for the last two weeks, waking up in the middle of the night and ruminating about what I should do? Beyond my own personal well being, I was thinking of how my employees would fair if I shuttered my business. I have some savings to fall back on, but I know that is not the case for everyone. I balanced that anxiety against the possibility of continuing to operate and gambling with the possible exposure of my employees and my clients (and more broadly their families and the broader community) to the virus by providing a vector for transmission.

Today's announcement helped alleviate my financial concerns. As Westwoody already pointed out, not having to remit taxes owing until August gives me immediate access to interest free liquidity which I can use to ease the financial stress on my employees and myself. I also feel better about the immediate changes to employment insurance which will allow my employees access to assistance which I can top up. It has made the decision to scale back operations immediately easy and allows my employees to stay at home and protect themselves, their families and the community.

A bunch of your predictable cantankerous whining is just side noise... it contributes nothing.

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
Do you honestly believe sending money directly to citizens would not require additional debt? Whether the government provides stimulus/additional social program measures, it will require debt.
of course not, but at least it might get to people who actually need it, hopefully

just look at their infrastructure plan, from 4yrs ago, that Bank they were suppose to set up to dole it out, lol

remember, that's where all the debt was supposed to go to, all the deficits were to go to infrastructure

10 billion a yr, that was 80 billion ago, how much actually got out the door?

virtually nothing in 4yrs

we're talking about incompetent morons

Friday, the Health minister was mouthing off that there was no reason to shut the border

Mon, Zoolander came out of Isolation and announced they were shutting the border

Overdone, I own my own small business and I employ people.

I haven't slept well for the last two weeks, waking up in the middle of the night and ruminating about what I should do? Beyond my own personal well being, I was thinking of how my employees would fair if I shuttered my business. I have some savings to fall back on, but I know that is not the case for everyone. I balanced that anxiety against the possibility of continuing to operate and gambling with the possible exposure of my employees and my clients (and more broadly their families and the broader community) to the virus by providing a vector for transmission.

Today's announcement helped alleviate my financial concerns. As Westwoody already pointed out, not having to remit taxes owing until August gives me immediate access to interest free liquidity which I can use to ease the financial stress on my employees and myself. I also feel better about the immediate changes to employment insurance which will allow my employees access to assistance which I can top up. It has made the decision to scale back operations immediately easy and allows my employees to stay at home and protect themselves, their families and the community.

A bunch of your predictable cantankerous whining is just side noise... it contributes nothing.
and delusional emotion doesn't either

being "super impressed"

by a bunch of incompetent morons?

they're 2-3 months late, they can't make a decision, they've flipped/flopped just in the last 3 days alone

so sorry, if not being impressed by an incompetent figure head and his buddies is predictable

we've had 4 yrs to see/predict the outcome

anyone could throw money at the problem

what we needed was leadership, 3 months ago

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ch...e-liberals-credibility-is-hanging-by-a-thread

here's a dose of reality, summed up

they weren't even screening people at the airports, till this week?

that impresses you? really?

or is it just that he's going to throw money at the problem?

just wait and see how many people are left out of that

impressed, lol

you must have gotten real wet listening to Donnie The Magnificent then, ahhaahaaaa

impressed, by incompetence, how sad

Last edited:

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010
of course not, but at least it might get to people who actually need it, hopefully

just look at their infrastructure plan, from 4yrs ago, that Bank they were suppose to set up to dole it out, lol

we're talking about incompetent morons

Friday, the Health minister was mouthing off that there was no reason to shut the border

Mon, Zoolander came out of Isolation and announced they were shutting the border
LOL. I get it, it's actually not about spending via debt (although you rant about that), it's that they (the government) are not spending via debt the way you would like them to! So what's the magic number? Should everyone receive a couple thousand dollars directly from the government? Just asking for a friend;) LOL!

OneLuckyGuy

Oct 20, 2019
I work in air and road cargo.

You cannot imagine how much food, medicine, and medical equipment comes in daily. DAILY.
Thanks for your efforts to keep the supply lines open. Once all the people that have panicked and filled their garage with toilet paper realize that people like you go to work everyday to keep the stores replenished, they're going to feel downright silly. I expect to see cases of toilet paper at discount prices at garage sales in the fall. Keep up the good work! Your efforts are appreciated!!!

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
LOL. I get it, it's actually not about spending via debt (although you rant about that), it's that they (the government) are not spending via debt the way you would like them to! So what's the magic number? Should everyone receive a couple thousand dollars directly from the government? Just asking for a friend;) LOL!
not about me, about people who really need the money

it would have helped if the assholes didn't drive us into debt while the economy wasn't in a recession

they would actually have the fire power the delusional idiot thinks we have, to act

do you really think this bunch of morons are going to get the money to people that need it, really need it?

with their track record of governing? really?

"were here from the government and we're here to help"

that's the normal

we have a even more incompetent group at the helm than usual

do you really think it's going to trickle down to those in actual need?

couple thousand would be better, then tax it back from those with money based on income tax next yr

how much do you think multi-nationals, big profitable companies will get?

you think they aren't going to be there with their hands out?

yet someone who's unemployed, not eligible for pogey

on disability, underemployed, can't pay their rent

he isn't a leader, the Liberals, Trudeau Liberals aren't leaders, none of them\

Freeland is the closest thing they have to an adult in the room

this is going to be a shit show, for the next few months, watch, it's already been for the last week, last month

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010
it would have helped if the assholes didn't drive us into debt while the economy wasn't in a recession
The A-holes that caused Canada to have national debt are both Liberals and Conservatives. Now, I'm going to make a BIG assumption and say that you probably lean a bit right on the political spectrum. Based on that; I suspect if the Government of Canada was able to accumulate $90 billion (i.e. a whole lot of surpluses) to be able to dole out today to the people, you would've complained that your taxes were too high while the Government was accumulating such surpluses! LOL

I get it mate; you're not a fan of the Liberals. But most can see right through your "rationale" - you just want to blame/criticize Liberals.

BobbyMcgee

Feb 3, 2014
what was the flavour in the giant Liberal Gatorade jug today. my neighbours walked off their plane Saturday morning from Mexico via LA and went through customs grabbed their bags got in their car and drove home. called and asked what they thought they should do. they are early 70’s. i said what did they tell you at the airport upon arrival. they said and i quote, “they said fuck all to us...”
they are on day five of self initiated isolation.
nice work health immigration Canada.
BM

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
The A-holes that caused Canada to have national debt are both Liberals and Conservatives. Now, I'm going to make a BIG assumption and say that you probably lean a bit right on the political spectrum. Based on that; I suspect if the Government of Canada was able to accumulate $90 billion (i.e. a whole lot of surpluses) to be able to dole out today to the people, you would've complained that your taxes were too high while the Government was accumulating such surpluses! LOL

I get it mate; you're not a fan of the Liberals. But most can see right through your "rationale" - you just want to blame/criticize Liberals.
actually, it depends on the issue, I'm a commie when it comes to religion, it should be banned, lol

I'm a NDP on the most vulnerable in our society, however, the amount of people in our society who truly need a hand-out is very small

a hand-up too, we give money to those who aren't in true need, yet don't support those who need actual support

you spend in bad times, you save in good, basic common sense, we haven't been doing it since the first waste of skin Trudeau started driving the country into fiscal mismanagement 50+yrs ago

I've no problem with them spending now, it's how, who they give it to

look at our current programs, we have people making 100,000+ getting welfare

just watched Global National News

that "82" billion

they are counting "55" billion of that as "tax deferral" money

27 billion is going to be "direct"

besides the direct GST, Family benefit, the rest is vague at best at who might get it

so yeah, after watching the news, that's really going to help

a whole few hundred for gst

a thousand if you are single with 2 kids

for a total 1500 or so

just like the others like the banks, defer mortgage for 6 months, Alberta, utilities for 3 months

defer, defer, that'll help when you have no money now, then get a bill for 3-6 months worth after no income for 3 months cause the economy is shuttered

I'm sold, that's gold Jerry, gold!!!

they are basically shutting down our economy

where for the last how many yrs we've listened to the "experts" tell us how most people are a pay-check away from being bankrupt

AND AS A SIDE NOTE, OUR TAXES COULD NEVER BE HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE SPENDING OF OUR POLITICIANS

WE'RE GOING TO BE ALMOST A TRILLION IN DEBT WHEN JR IS FINALLY PUNTED, HOPEFULLY SOONER THAN LATER

NOT TO MENTION THE PROVINCIAL AND MUNI GOVERNMENTS DEBT

NO ONE, NO ONE PAYS THEIR FAIR SHARE AND HASN'T FOR DECADES

IF THEY DID WE WOULDN'T HAVE DEFICITS OR DEBT

surpluses, yeah right, do you have surpluses when you can't pay your debts off?

Allison Redford economics student I guess?

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010
actually, it depends on the issue, I'm a commie when it comes to religion, it should be banned, lol

I'm a NDP on the most vulnerable in our society, however, the amount of people in our society who truly need a hand-out is very small

a hand-up too, we give money to those who aren't in true need, yet don't support those who need actual support

you spend in bad times, you save in good, basic common sense, we haven't been doing it since the first waste of skin Trudeau started driving the country into fiscal mismanagement 50+yrs ago

I've no problem with them spending now, it's how, who they give it to

look at our current programs, we have people making 100,000+ getting welfare

just watched Global National News

that "82" billion

they are counting "55" billion of that as "tax deferral" money

27 billion is going to be "direct"

besides the direct GST, Family benefit, the rest is vague at best at who might get it

so yeah, after watching the news, that's really going to help

a whole few hundred for gst

a thousand if you are single with 2 kids

for a total 1500 or so

just like the others like the banks, defer mortgage for 6 months, Alberta, utilities for 3 months

defer, defer, that'll help when you have no money now, then get a bill for 3-6 months worth after no income for 3 months cause the economy is shuttered

I'm sold, that's gold Jerry, gold!!!

they are basically shutting down our economy

where for the last how many yrs we've listened to the "experts" tell us how most people are a pay-check away from being bankrupt

AND AS A SIDE NOTE, OUR TAXES COULD NEVER BE HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE SPENDING OF OUR POLITICIANS

WE'RE GOING TO BE ALMOST A TRILLION IN DEBT WHEN JR IS FINALLY PUNTED, HOPEFULLY SOONER THAN LATER

NOT TO MENTION THE PROVINCIAL AND MUNI GOVERNMENTS DEBT

NO ONE, NO ONE PAYS THEIR FAIR SHARE AND HASN'T FOR DECADES

IF THEY DID WE WOULDN'T HAVE DEFICITS OR DEBT
LOL! So basically you began ranting about this funding package before even knowing what it all entailed?

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
LOL! So basically you began ranting about this funding package before even knowing what it all entailed?
you think a tax deferral is a stimulus? lol

that's twice the size of the actual amount that they are actually going to hand out

past actions predict future

and I was responding to the ridiculous notion that anyone should be impressed with Trudeau's Liberals

after 4 yrs of watching them

have you ever tried to deal with the wire wearing federal employees? lol

yeah, details, we don't need no stinking details!!

again past performance and all, lol

got a border closure with the US

yet they're still letting in Illegal migrants walking across at Roxham Road

RCMP still acting as $100,000 bellhops

that's your Liberal government at work, that Canine is so impressed with, lol

appleomac

Aug 9, 2010
you think a tax deferral is a stimulus? lol

that's twice the size of the actual amount that they are actually going to hand out

past actions predict future

and I was responding to the ridiculous notion that anyone should be impressed with Trudeau's Liberals

after 4 yrs of watching them

have you ever tried to deal with the wire wearing federal employees? lol

yeah, details, we don't need no stinking details!!

again past performance and all, lol

got a border closure with the US

yet they're still letting in Illegal migrants walking across at Roxham Road

RCMP still acting as $100,000 bellhops

that's your Liberal government at work, that Canine is so impressed with, lol
Yes. Tax deferral can definitely be economic stimulus. It's basically a short term interest free loan (assuming CRA doesn't do anything silly and interpret the deferral period to be some sort of taxable benefit). Now, I'm not saying which is a better form of economic stimulus (helicopter money vs social program expansion) - unfortunately for most people it's a matter of ideology. What I do know, at least in the Canadian context, helicopter money has never been the preferred method for the government to stimulate the economy. The main reason, when you look at the two alternatives ($82 billion directly to citizens or $82 billion as proposed today): what was proposed today will actually cost the government less than actually helicopter dropping $82 billion directly to people. For someone ranting about national debt, at the very least you should be able to understand that fact!

And hate to be the bearer of bad news, that government is our government, it's the government of Canada - whether you or I like them or not! LOL

storm rider

Banned
Dec 6, 2008
Calgary
I cant believe the stupidity on this thread.I just cant get past how people just get spoon fed the doom saying predictions by the media.....the leftist media.

Society is not going to die off.This is no mass kill off event like The Stand as written by Stephen King.To be blunt it is jack shit.Far more people die from the flu but that is not what the media is selling now.

Mass panic and stupidity are the story of the day.....on the bright side side of life I dont have to listen to how the "Planet" is going to just plain DIE....pretty nice that I will say....nice to change the doom saying TUNE.

This virus has a 3.5-4% fatality rate.....yet the stock markets have suffered I would say 20% or more.Lots of stupid panic sellers to say the least.

Lots of DAFT/DUMBFUCK/IDIOTIC/RETARDED reaction by Western Society thus far.

With regards to that idiot Trudeau....that former Drama Teacher only sounds slightly intelligent if he reads from the script written for him by Gerald Butts.

SR

Vancouver Escorts