Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Corona Virus

  1. #1

    Corona Virus

    Hey guys, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the Covid-19? Anyone nervous about seeing an SP? I personally am not panicking but am trying to be more cautious about things. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    I am worried, just posted in the forum
    What if I have it unknowingly
    What if an SP has it as it’s quite contagious
    How will we explain to the officials how we got it and who have we been in contact with,
    Just looks at that guy in Washington DC went to meetings and holidays before he even realized he was sick
    Infected hundreds of people and then they infected hundreds and many did not even have any symptoms
    Should we all be tested to,protect the SP?

  3. #3
    I don't think you can get randomly tested for it unless you have the symptoms.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Finewine60 View Post
    I am worried, just posted in the forum
    What if I have it unknowingly
    What if an SP has it as it’s quite contagious
    How will we explain to the officials how we got it and who have we been in contact with,
    Just looks at that guy in Washington DC went to meetings and holidays before he even realized he was sick
    Infected hundreds of people and then they infected hundreds and many did not even have any symptoms
    Should we all be tested to,protect the SP?
    How about do the smart thing and just stay home? How hard is that?

  5. #5
    Professional Dominatrix
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver & Richmond
    Posts
    1,005
    The CDC says they're running critically low on tests, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...e-bc-1.5500097

    so no we shouldn't all go get tested. Anyways, even if you manage to get a test done and comes back negative, this is a respiratory illness, and the virus lives several days outside of the body, you can pick it up anywhere. There's no foolproof way to ensure you'll still be negative by the time you get to your session.

    A COVID-19 test isn't like going to get an STI test where you can ensure you're still negative days or weeks later as long as you haven't had intimate contact with anyone.

    Save the tests for those who are very sick and may need certain medical interventions to save their lives.

  6. #6
    Professional Dominatrix
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver & Richmond
    Posts
    1,005
    Even some people who are sick are being turned down from testing https://www.vicnews.com/news/langfor...ovid-19-tests/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    The CDC says they're running critically low on tests, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...e-bc-1.5500097

    so no we shouldn't all go get tested. Anyways, even if you manage to get a test done and comes back negative, this is a respiratory illness, and the virus lives several days outside of the body, you can pick it up anywhere. There's no foolproof way to ensure you'll still be negative by the time you get to your session.

    A COVID-19 test isn't like going to get an STI test where you can ensure you're still negative days or weeks later as long as you haven't had intimate contact with anyone.
    In
    Save the tests for those who are very sick and may need certain medical interventions to save their lives.
    As the king used to say “Only two things in life are foolproof, hookers and Coupe de Villes”

  8. #8
    I have a couple favourite sp’s that I always have
    a good time with and I’ve missed seeing them and
    find myself watching more porn. I just don’t think I
    could have that same worry free and fun experience while
    this virus is out there.

  9. #9
    Professional Dominatrix
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver & Richmond
    Posts
    1,005
    Do you guys also get worried about touching public door handles, condo buzzer buttons, elevator buttons, atm machine buttons, money, etc?

    I do. Not to the point of anxiety or paranoia. But it’s always at the back of my mind.

    It’s not just SPs that would be a potential exposure. There’s many steps you go along the way to your session that you could theoretically pick it up.

    Did you stop for gas along the way? Lots of people are filling up since gas prices dropped...

  10. #10
    Devlin Black texted me this.

    "In this unprecedented situation, people must take remarkable measures to protect themselves. As a SP in Nanaimo, I believe its my job as someone working with the sexual health & safety of my clients on a daily basis, to take this *seriously* and cease operation until our Government, Healthcare system and Global platforms can unanimously decide what this scope, severity and approach to this pandemic will be. We are in the early stages of something significant, therefore, I believe that as a professional in this industry, to maintain the health, safety & integrity of my clientele & I, it is important that we do NOT work. It's no big secret that SP's are in heavy social contact daily and my personal morality is that, if I want to be a professional, who shows honesty & professionalism, it is my duty to stop my work and protect everyone. I find it frightening to think of a lady working, potentially contracting this, then seeing an unknown amount of people between contraction and diagnosis... Thus spreading this to hundreds, potentially thousands within a VERY short timeframe. I would recommend from the clients' side that you engage in online/distance only fun with us until this passes over! We will miss you dearly, but no amount of fun is worth the risk of dancing with this monster. xoxo DB"

  11. #11
    Let me clarify. I'm not planning on seeing an SP, I was just wondering if people were still considering it and wanted to know how everyone else was feeling towards this. STAY HEALTHY EVERYONE!! It will pass .

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    The CDC says they're running critically low on tests, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...e-bc-1.5500097

    so no we shouldn't all go get tested. Anyways, even if you manage to get a test done and comes back negative, this is a respiratory illness, and the virus lives several days outside of the body, you can pick it up anywhere. There's no foolproof way to ensure you'll still be negative by the time you get to your session.

    A COVID-19 test isn't like going to get an STI test where you can ensure you're still negative days or weeks later as long as you haven't had intimate contact with anyone.

    Save the tests for those who are very sick and may need certain medical interventions to save their lives.
    All the technical information you provided is correct. Yes you can pickup anytime , anywhere but I do feel if an Escort is going to continue working she should get tested once a week. If a guy has to have a visit I understand , get tested first or just stay home. As if one is infected it will increase the spread of it. The only way to know if not showing symptoms is the test. As I mentioned in another thread a person can have it for up to 14 days and not show any signs or symptoms . Or have very mild symptoms .
    Hopefully testing equipment becomes a serious priority and more readily available sooner.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Reference3A View Post
    All the technical information you provided is correct. Yes you can pickup anytime , anywhere but I do feel if an Escort is going to continue working she should get tested once a week. If a guy has to have a visit I understand , get tested first or just stay home. As if one is infected it will increase the spread of it. The only way to know if not showing symptoms is the test. As I mentioned in another thread a person can have it for up to 14 days and not show any signs or symptoms . Or have very mild symptoms .
    Hopefully testing equipment becomes a serious priority and more readily available sooner.
    1. COVID-19 tests are not reliable when subject is asymptomatic
    2. COVID-19 tests are only available to those that has symptoms, has been exposed to known vectors, and symptoms can't be explained by other causes

    You are asking for something ineffective and impossible.

  14. #14
    If the covid-19 virus infected the same % of US citizens and has the same mortality rate of the Spanish flu epidemic of a 102 years ago, it would potentially kill 2.1 million people in the US.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn_dawg View Post
    1. COVID-19 tests are not reliable when subject is asymptomatic
    2. COVID-19 tests are only available to those that has symptoms, has been exposed to known vectors, and symptoms can't be explained by other causes

    You are asking for something ineffective and impossible.
    Yes and No. I went to the drive through clinic today in Victoria.. You need to be referred by a local doctor or nurse from the 811 hotline. I was misinformed by front desk at a local walk in clinic on Monday so apologize for given out inaccurate info. Was going by what I was told with regards to drive through testing etc.

    This article from CNN does state through testing that was done people that are asymptomatic can pass the virus. The virus is also detected in asymptomatic patients .
    There are several reports of significant transmission by people who are asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic.

    Meant to post link with original message. Taken from the following link .
    Dr. Sandra Ciesek, director of the Institute of Medical Virology in Frankfurt, Germany, tested 24 passengers who had just flown in from Israel
    Seven of the 24 passengers tested positive for coronavirus. Four of those had no symptoms, and Ciesek was surprised to find that the viral load of the specimens from the asymptomatic patients was higher than the viral load of the specimens from the three patients who did have symptoms.
    Viral load is a measure of the concentration of the virus in someone's respiratory secretions. A higher load means that someone is more likely to spread the infection to other people.

    But I do think it's important to remember health officials are working their butt off to figure out this virus and any mutations. Also that they learn from this and start to stock pile gear for the health professionals so if this happens again we're better prepared. With testing the way it is right now pretty much explains what's best to do, self / social isolate to minimize the spread. Hopefully more testing kits are coming as we do them, everywhere .

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/healt...ead/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •