COVID-19 Response:

First and foremost, as sex workers we don't have the privilege of paid sick leave or EI support. But we're strong as a community! If you're struggling or stressed, trust and believe you're in good company! Please know there are organizations, group, and individuals who are here to help and advocating for support in these uncertain times. If you're a client or SP who's in an at-risk demographic, my best wishes go out to you, and I hope you have an abundance of assistance while taking whatever measures necessary to stay healthy.

If you're a sex worker and in need of urgent support:

- Reach out to PACE Society. They are actively advocating for increased supports and services for sex workers who are without income
- Contact me personally at [email protected]. I might be able to help you out if you're reputable and trust worthy. Unfortunately I can only do so much, but even if all I can offer at some point is a referral elsewhere or some advice, my inbox is open!
- Look for resources and support threads on twitter. There are generous people out there who want to help! We'll be retweeting some at @rougevancouver

If you can afford it as a client, are in a privileged/financially unaffected circumstance, and would like to help:

- Reach out to your close ones! Ask if there's anything you can do to support them (not necessarily monetarily)
- Offer to pay partially or in full toward a future session with your regular
- Ask your provider if she's providing online/virtual based services, or another low risk alternative
- There are "support chains" going around twitter where clients can anonymously donate (via e giftcard etc.) in small $50 increments to in need SP's. We'll be retweeting them at @rougevancouver

What's going on with us:

We're phasing in the implementation of social distance measures and considering how we can continuing to offer our services, but in a safe, responsible (and still fun!) manner. How would this look? That's still undecided, but feedback or input is welcomed!

We're considering offering an experience where emphasis is placed on the social element of companionship, with the option to incorporate a form of low risk intimacy. If you're interested in updates on this at any point, feel free to get in touch. Looks like we're all going to be a bit starved of human connection for a while, but we're looking forward to hopefully still offering what we do best in one way or another

We insist older clients and those with health conditions stay home altogether.

Love,
Scarlette

And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.

And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.

And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.
- Kitty O’Meara