Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Trump and the Covid 19 vaccine - fake news??????????????

  1. #1

    Trump and the Covid 19 vaccine - fake news??????????????

    There have been reports in The Guardian and on NBC about Trump trying to persuade a German pharma company to transfer their vaccine research to the USA and make the vaccine exclusively available to the USA. If true, this would really play to Trump's base, and create an unprecedented wave of worldwide anti Americanism.

  2. #2
    Who knows when it comes to Trump. He did say COVID-19 is a hoax just a few weeks ago, and now he declares national emergency. The man is an idiot.

  3. #3
    Professional Dominatrix
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver & Richmond
    Posts
    982
    If it is true, I interpret the scenario as Trump is willing to use his citizens as guinea pigs to test a vaccine that will be rushed to the US market without adequate safety trials

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    If it is true, I interpret the scenario as Trump is willing to use his citizens as guinea pigs to test a vaccine that will be rushed to the US market without adequate safety trials
    If we look at Trumps' actions with the premise that everything Trump does is for Trump, then it all makes a lot more sense.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    6,120
    It is true. The company has put out a press release about it and say they will stay in Germany.

    Trump continues to be one of the greatest douchebags of all time.

    Trump's son in law's brother was planning some testing/vaccine-for-a-fee scheme. The vaccine would NOT be for everyone.

    Last edited by westwoody; 03-15-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

  6. #6
    What makes a good man?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    476
    It's true. Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coro...g-vaccine.html
    Trump and everyone close to him are all terrible people.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lower Mainland, B.C.
    Posts
    2,369
    Just one, of a seemly endless supply, of facts we have come to find out about Trump that show him to be the dispicable human being that he is.

    JD

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    4,078
    I know all Trump haters just love to jump on anything they think makes him look bad, or evil, but if any of you would take a momeent to think about it - the whole story doesn't make sense.

    Every time people do it, it just confirms the amount of fake news people will spread, without checking, just to try to score political points.

    Of course, the truth doesn't fit the narrative:

    Responding to the report, the U.S. ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, wrote on Twitter: “The Welt story was wrong.”
    A U.S. official said: “This story is wildly overplayed … We will continue to talk to any company that claims to be able to help. And any solution found would be shared with the world.”

    Welt am Sonntag quoted an unidentified German government source as saying Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”

    CureVac issued a statement on Sunday, in which it said: “The company rejects current rumours of an acquisition.”

    CureVac’s main investor Dietmar Hopp said he was not selling and wanted CureVac to develop a coronavirus vaccine to “help people not just regionally but in solidarity across the world.”
    “I would be glad if this could be achieved through my long-term investments out of Germany,” he added.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

  9. #9
    so just from this thread alone there were 7 posts that criticized or discredited Trump and his deplorable character and blatant nationalistic dishonesty to the ONE POST that actually cited the truth. Nice work CT.

  10. #10
    What makes a good man?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    476
    Comes down to who do you believe the German government or the American government. Given the current American administration's running on a near constant stream of falsehoods...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMcgee View Post
    so just from this thread alone there were 7 posts that criticized or discredited Trump and his deplorable character and blatant nationalistic dishonesty to the ONE POST that actually cited the truth. Nice work CT.
    here's some "truth" for you

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB6mzESzUf0

    go to about the 54 min mark, listen to the "truth" lol

    he's sounds like Sargent Shultz, "I know nothin, I see nothin, I did nothin" lol

    it was Tony, Tony did it, I'm not responsible, lol

    all while touching his face, the mic, shaking hands, lol

    you know all the things that help the spread of germs, lol

    no one needs to say anything, he does all the work for you

    he's so incompetent he makes Trudeau look competent, lol

  12. #12
    you do realize both Trump and Trudeau are TALKING HEADS don’t you?
    The WHO CDC Health Canada Tam Henry etc call the shots all over the world.
    Right now ironically Pelosi and Trump are working hand in hand.
    If i have to go to 54:00 to find the truth of a video what am I watching for 53:00.
    Trump runs a global Brand empire I just passed his building yesterday in Vancouver.
    Trudeau couldn’t run his Drama classes and Runs to the Aga Khan to access his trust fund.
    If you think Trudeau looks or is competent have a ball as they used to say...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMcgee View Post
    you do realize both Trump and Trudeau are TALKING HEADS don’t you?
    The WHO CDC Health Canada Tam Henry etc call the shots all over the world.
    Right now ironically Pelosi and Trump are working hand in hand.
    If i have to go to 54:00 to find the truth of a video what am I watching for 53:00.
    Trump runs a global Brand empire I just passed his building yesterday in Vancouver.
    Trudeau couldn’t run his Drama classes and Runs to the Aga Khan to access his trust fund.
    If you think Trudeau looks or is competent have a ball as they used to say...
    WHO, CDC, Health Canada, they don't call the shots because they don't have real powers. Mostly they can recommend. That is why the Trump administration can deny and spread falsehood for so long and allow the virus to spread while doing nothing, and now they panic and within a week, go from calling it a hoax to calling a national emergency.

    In Canada, Trudeau did not run interference. By comparison, Canada's response has been appropriate and measured. Not saying we did everything right, just a heck of a lot better.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    4,078
    People with TDS never admit when they're caught out.

    A fabrication, but the speed with which people wanted to believe it, and spread it should ay it all.

    Then there's the following story, which negates the whole thing yet again...https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/first-...gin-in-the-us/
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn_dawg View Post
    WHO, CDC, Health Canada, they don't call the shots because they don't have real powers. Mostly they can recommend. That is why the Trump administration can deny and spread falsehood for so long and allow the virus to spread while doing nothing, and now they panic and within a week, go from calling it a hoax to calling a national emergency.

    In Canada, Trudeau did not run interference. By comparison, Canada's response has been appropriate and measured. Not saying we did everything right, just a heck of a lot better.
    did canada stop flights immediately from china iran and italy? NO!!! if you think trudeau has the final say there’s a pair of socks with his picture on them i’d love to sell you. likewise trump except they are already sold as he doesn’t pussy foot around. the only negative or bad action in a world pandemic is no action. speed of decision is the only way you get around this and if you have to say we made that decision and it wasn’t needed so what. talk to the biological warfare military experts about it and also their opinion on a vaccine. the spread is coming fast the vaccine not so fast.

    Even if initial safety tests go well, “you’re talking about a year to a year and a half” before any vaccine could be issued for public use, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the AP.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •