Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensory Depravation Tanks

Sensory Depravation Tanks

Just experienced my first float accompanying my ATF . Sort of have mixed feelings about it though. The benefits are amazing, but I am a tad concerned about how sanitary they are. Don't even want to consider the coronavirus

Have any of you tried it and if so ,what are your thoughts ?

Got excited about them a few years ago, had a few cases where foreign artifacts floated or found in there. Got turned off completely and no more.

Blog Entries
    ugh Shudder

How sanitary are those things? Filled with salts and warm water sounds like a breeding ground for some nasty stuff.

I’d do one if it was all fresh stuff.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Professional Dominatrix
    The saturation levels of salt in those tanks create a very inhospitable environment for most microbes. Halophiles love it though.

I’ve been wanting to try sensory deprivation for years. I’m planning on taking the plunge soon. I’m not too worried about the sanitation. I’ve done my research and I didn’t sleep through my first year biology class.

If you have concerns, just ask the staff to explain to you their cleaning protocol.

Sensory "Depravation" tanks - LOL - I guess they could be depending on what you do in there!

So did you cum in there? Because I guess if you did, you would be worried about what else goes on in there.

The "salts" in the tank are epsom salts and as Miss H mentioned, are themselves a natural disinfectant and do a good job of sanitizing the water. In addition, the commercial locations in Vancouver do also clean and add bromine or Hydrogen peroxide as required by Fraser Health.
    Then between floats, they water if filtered and UV'd, so they are quite sanitary and much more so than any public pool.
    Ask the staff, they can show you what they do between floats, how they test the water, and record their findings.

Not for me irregardless of the sanitation. I'm borderline claustrophobic and shudder at the thought of being enclosed and told to relax. Not a chance. Why do I say borderline claustrophobic? Well, I recently had an MRI for a shoulder issue and it was all I could do to stop from coming out of the "tube" until the test was over. I probably lost 5 pounds in nervous sweat and had to go home and change my clothes.

"Altered States",starring William Hurt,is one of my ATF movies.

Engelbert Humperdink

Professional Dominatrix
    The only thing thats held me back from getting the balls to finally try it is in the past I worried about how my mind will react. I'm a lucid dreamer and I've had countless out of body experiences in my life. These experiences can be quite frightening at times. Overall they're good, but when a lucid dream goes bad, it goes really bad. It's like a nightmare/night terror on steroids.

One of my instructors brought up the subject of sensory deprivation tanks during a recent class and it renewed my curiosity. I've decided it's about time I stop being a little bitch and just go for it.

Professional Dominatrix
    And with the title of the thread “Sensory Depravation” I’m feeling even more motivated

Sound like the perfect thing for somebody like me to do in her spare time

I think that nightmares occur when you sleep too long. You return to a point in a dream where you were at earlier in the night. Everything looks familiar but something is missing. Something important. That's the source of the nightmare.

That said, the most notable depravation tank that I can think of would be a space trip to Mars. Nothing to do but look at instruments for 6 months or more and flex your muscles often enough to avoid atrophy. Ever seen anybody that just got a limb out of in a plaster case? That said, I wouldn't immobilize myself in a tank. Not because I'm claustrophobic but because I like a little exercise once in while.

I tried it once, couldn’t get comfortable. I was expecting (looking for) a “Dead Sea” type of float: no touching of walls or floor. Is there such a thing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LM987 View Post
    The "salts" in the tank are epsom salts and as Miss H mentioned, are themselves a natural disinfectant and do a good job of sanitizing the water. In addition, the commercial locations in Vancouver do also clean and add bromine or Hydrogen peroxide as required by Fraser Health.
    Then between floats, they water if filtered and UV'd, so they are quite sanitary and much more so than any public pool.
    Ask the staff, they can show you what they do between floats, how they test the water, and record their findings.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Not so scary after all.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Lost in Translation
    Quote Originally Posted by E.H. View Post
    "Altered States",starring William Hurt,is one of my ATF movies.

Engelbert Humperdink
    After that film, they became a thing. At one time there were about 25 tanks in Winnipeg. I did it regularly for a couple of months and quite liked it. The experience was pretty cool, though I did find the effect lasted less long the more I did it. They fell out of favour and have made a bit of a comeback here. I find that regular (twice daily) meditation has the same effect for me.

Peace
    MG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast