Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodbath in the stock market, how will it effect your pooning?

Bloodbath in the stock market, how will it effect your pooning?

Iím heavily invested and down big time. Gonna tighten my wallet and cut back... for now

If you are under water then hold your breath and ride it out.This a panic selling market and only idiots are losing money.Treat this as a buying opportunity and no the blood bath is not over yet.

Keep your eye on Teck Resources...if it hits $4 a share buy as much as you can and hold it till it bounces back and it will.

SR

I bought into INO 2months ago 3 days later it was down 16%, sold it Friday (tippled in the last wk), saw its down 30% today, always money to be made (more in a scared market)...

I’m not into high risk stocks but do dabble in mutual funds and have done real estate investments in the past.
    I’ve stopped my monthly mutual fund contributions for now and will probably keep an eye on real estate with the hopes of buying low!

wouldn't the SP rates be lower?

this topic reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by storm rider View Post
    If you are under water then hold your breath and ride it out.This a panic selling market and only idiots are losing money.Treat this as a buying opportunity and no the blood bath is not over yet.

Keep your eye on Teck Resources...if it hits $4 a share buy as much as you can and hold it till it bounces back and it will.

SR
    It's at $15.16 right now? You think it might go down to $4?

Quote Originally Posted by helloim View Post
    It's at $15.16 right now? You think it might go down to $4?
    Teck.B dropped over $3 a share today to $11 and change.It hit $3.35 a share after Teck bought out Fording Coal in late 2008 for 14.5 BILLION and Teck also bottomed out to $3.65 a share in 2014/2015 so yes it is quite possible and the drops in the past were not related to a drop in the price of oil or a panic induced scare over a virus that has a 3% fatality rate.....FFS there are more accidental deaths in just Canada alone compared to the coronavirus.

This stock market meltdown is for the most part driven by panic selling door knobs who dont have the stones to hold fast when the fundamentals of the stocks/companies are not affected.

Keep an eye on Teck Resources....I see it bottoming out again and if it happens I have $30,000 to throw at it and then sell when it gets back to the $25-$35 range which is right where that blue chip stock should be.

SR

drop in the price of oil and up tick in the coronavirus possible SP prices drop too.
    for me and my line of work doesn’t make a difference just that maybe more affordable.

It got pummeled 44% from the start of trading but I bought Vermillion Energy. They are a very diversified oil and natural gas company situated all over the world. Not sure if any ones else here is in Oil and Gas. I'm looking out 5 yrs minimum.

Bought into 4 Exchange Traded Funds for 90K today after sitting in cash for the longest time. But the market went back to a down trend shortly after I got in about 10 am.

Quote Originally Posted by licks2nite View Post
    Bought into 4 Exchange Traded Funds for 90K today after sitting in cash for the longest time. But the market went back to a down trend shortly after I got in about 10 am.
    I was thinking of ETFís too! Any favourites? Havenít done ETFís yet, just a few stocks, mutual funds, and alt funds.
    ---Sharing Mirth and Mayhem since 2003---

I got way too much vermillion and crescent point, shit

Here’s a good investment right now:
    GLDD (Great Lakes Dredge)$8.99
    GT (Good Year Tire) $7.60
    GNPX (Genprex Inc) $2.85
    Sell April 15 (or when +20%)
    Last edited by wintersurfer; 03-10-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I got way too much vermillion and crescent point, shit
    How could you get too much Vermillion? All the reviews I've read about sp Catie Vermillion on perb are positive.

I'm waiting for the rebound in Nortel.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast