• Yes get rid of it

39 88.64%
  • No I like it

7 15.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: get rid of day light savings time

get rid of day light savings time

It is a pain in the ass and statistically leads to more accidents due to the time change.I say get rid of it.

SR

Quote Originally Posted by storm rider View Post
    It is a pain in the ass and statistically leads to more accidents due to the time change.I say get rid of it.

SR
    You are most welcome to join the progressive West Coast thinking. BC voted for and got laws to abandon time changes (stay on permanent GST). The only delay now is to align with California. While they also voted for the same, I understand they need support from their federal government to implement it.

Long overdue. Get Ďer done!
    ---Sharing Mirth and Mayhem since 2003---

They are NOT getting rid of Daylight Savings Time, they want to get rid of Standard Time, making DST permanent. Which according to some studies is backwards. What they say is they do need to get rid of DST making Standard Time permanent.

I do not believe the creator of this poll is campaigning to keep Standard Time, so the poll is flawed.

Cheers

Bob
    " Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to changeĒ Ė Frank Lloyd Wright

I'm back, for awhile...
    The poll says get rid of DST....which by default leaves us with Standard Time....so not flawed as to intent, just awkwardly worded....?????
    I think my guardian angel drinks...
    I'll tell you what's wrong with society....nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Sometimes life will fuck you and you'll just have to change position and enjoy it somehow.

My preference would be to have standard time in Alberta all year round same as Saskatchewan. Prefer the extra light in the morning rather than the evening.

I would prefer to keep DST all year round

Quote Originally Posted by storm rider View Post

SR
    WOW....if that causes more accidents......hand in your drivers licence......
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

daylight savings time goes into effect tonight and i hope to never see it change back again in my lifetime.

I hope they reverse it. Have daylight savings in winter and time change for summer. We don't need sunlight at 10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukom View Post
    I hope they reverse it. Have daylight savings in winter and time change for summer. We don't need sunlight at 10 PM.
    Donít need a time change at all, it serves no useful purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    My preference would be to have standard time in Alberta all year round same as Saskatchewan. Prefer the extra light in the morning rather than the evening.
    Just get out of bed earlier.

When I reminded my 80 something Mother about the change to Daylight Saving Time she commented that she would change her clock in the morning as she didn't want to get up at 3 in the norning just to change her clock. There is some logic there I guess. I wonder if anyone actually does that?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuckyGuy View Post
    Just get out of bed earlier.

When I reminded my 80 something Mother about the change to Daylight Saving Time she commented that she would change her clock in the morning as she didn't want to get up at 3 in the norning just to change her clock. There is some logic there I guess. I wonder if anyone actually does that?
    If you get out of bed earlier when itís daylight savings time itís even darker. Donít see how that solves anything.

Sir DATY the Vulvinator
    Id rather have the light in the evening. So would prefer to abandon Standard time. It's all arbitrary anyways. We could just shift Greenwich ahead an hour and it would be done everywhere, instantly.

Ps, the poll is flawed because the intent is not real clear. Should be a multi value poll with all options listed and a histogram result.
    Last edited by Mikehma; 03-08-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Please please.... pretty please.... Stay on Daylight Savings time. BC .. take the lead for a change... Ignore the Yanks,,, Lets just do it. We voted (by a huge majority) yes last year to stay on Daylight Savings time.

Besides My new fancy does everything itself watch, can't be changed cuz it gets its time from the Atomic time clock in Ft.Collins Colorado... My Radio/GPS/CD/BT/USB/clock in my car is the same.
    ---69---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast