Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stones at BC Place

Rolling Stones at BC Place

I was prepared to pony up somewhat for a pair of tickets to see the Rolling Stones at BC Place in May but based on the presale cost of tickets, $700+ in the upper bowl and $1000+ in the lower section for individual seats, Iím probably going to say no even though itís likely their last tour together, who thinks this is still great value ?

Lower bowl presale seats are available right now for $301-455 each and $586 for floor seats in row 12 (I am looking right now on Ticketmaster), but that is still too steep for me to see a band that faded long ago.

These guys are still alive.....?????
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

I've always loved the Stones but there is no way I would spend that kind if money to see them.

I saw them in 1968, Agrodome......tickets were less than $30.00 Love the Stones, but current prices a bit steep for me.

I just bought RATM tickets for $190 each and that was waaay too much for me. Was thinking of going to see Stones as well, but not at that price.

It would cut deep into my pooning budget and that would be too much sacrifice

Blog Entries
    I’ve travelled to see them and at BC Place too. Based on venue and this ridiculous price, I’ll pass. It must have the worst acoustics of any stadium. Tacoma dome has good sound but only holds 35,000 approx.

Now it were in Rogers arena, I’d consider it.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
    Held up with puppet strings and cocaine....they'll be touring until they're over 100.

Way too much money, though im a huge stones fan id rather pay rent. Even if Mick Taylor was still in the band I wouldn't pay more than $200
    yesterdays got nothing for me
    pictures that ill always see
    I aint got time to reminisce on novelties

What's the justification for those prices?

Seems like just plain old greed. All the Stones are worth in the hundreds of millions, it costs maybe a million a show to stage, and transport, so there's no way tickets shouldn't be more that a couple hundred for them to still turn a decent profit.

Then you have asshole performers like Madonna, who show what they think of fans by showing up four hours late for concerts, and I wonder why anyone bothers to support them, when they're treated with such disrespect.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

Quote Originally Posted by chico1 View Post
    I just bought RATM tickets for $190 each and that was waaay too much for me. Was thinking of going to see Stones as well, but not at that price.

It would cut deep into my pooning budget and that would be too much sacrifice
    Good point! Spend an hour with an attractive young lady who will make you happy or spend an hour with a group of old men that might make you remember how old you are? No brainer for me.
    Last edited by justwannahavefun; 02-14-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    I’ve travelled to see them and at BC Place too. Based on venue and this ridiculous price, I’ll pass. It must have the worst acoustics of any stadium. Tacoma dome has good sound but only holds 35,000 approx.

Now it were in Rogers arena, I’d consider it.
    The new roof has made a huge difference compared to the old dome, the sound is quite good these days. Apparently ticket master has a new system that raises prices automatically according to demand, the nosebleeds started at $99 and climbed up from there. I scored a couple for $150 ea, got lucky and logged in right at the start.

I wish I were eligible for the presale! How did you guys get in on that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmotorscooter View Post
    The new roof has made a huge difference compared to the old dome, the sound is quite good these days. Apparently ticket master has a new system that raises prices automatically according to demand, the nosebleeds started at $99 and climbed up from there. I scored a couple for $150 ea, got lucky and logged in right at the start.
    No it isnít. I saw U2 Joshua Tree with the new roof and it was terrible. I am a big fan of U2 and was disappointed that they used B.C. Place after so many great shows at Rogers.

The Stones will have a centre stage on this tour. Just maybe that will make a difference. U2ís 360 tour had passable sound on the floor and lower bowl. People in the bleeds didnít think it was good sound.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
    and haven't recorded any decent music since what the late 70's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast