Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absurdity gone wild

High Priestess

Absurdity gone wild

Animal rights group PETA says the word 'pet' objectifies animals, and we should stop using it
    Instead, the group says, dog owners should call themselves dog 'guardians,' and pets should be referred to as 'companion animals'

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...-stop-using-it
    Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

I am going to sue my wife (hypothetically, of course) for calling me husband. Just to get back at her for suing me for calling her 'wifey'.
    At my age, they all look good and luckily there is a nerve that connects my eyes to my one-eyed monster.

(, v ,)
    .) . (
    ( 'v' )

Funny how out of touch some " people " are with the natural order.....when you leave the pavement, and are in the mountains, the dog becomes the guardian.
    ....I've been saved many times by a dog that gave me warning of a bear, or mountain lion stalking me, and I've even had them lay their life down in my defence. I love dogs....but they are not children.

I think I might start another common sense organization called PETOOP...."People for the Ethical Treatment For Other People".....lets start there.

I used to support PETA, because I do believe in animal welfare, but left them over their hypocrisy, over-the-top stunts, and the endless appeals for money.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

Animals are not people, they are property.

And cows are delicious.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. ~ Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Animals are not people, they are property.

And cows are delicious.
    I agree that beef cattle are delicious. And yes, livestock are property. I suppose our dog is technically property too, but I don't think of her that way. She isn't a furry human, and we aren't her "parents", but she is a family member.
    Dilbert: "That doesn't make sense."
    Dogbert: "You'd be surprised how little that matters."

Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    I agree that beef cattle are delicious. And yes, livestock are property. I suppose our dog is technically property too, but I don't think of her that way. She isn't a furry human, and we aren't her "parents", but she is a family member .
    100% agree

Xo
    Katey

Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    I agree that beef cattle are delicious. And yes, livestock are property. I suppose our dog is technically property too, but I don't think of her that way. She isn't a furry human, and we aren't her "parents", but she is a family member.
    Quote Originally Posted by KinkyKatey View Post
    100% agree

Xo
    Katey
    It says an awful lot about someone , when you witness how they treat an animal....and an animal like a dog or horse, will tell you an awful lot of things about people....if you know how to listen to their silent language.

There's an old Cowboy poem, don't know who wrote it down, and I can't remember all of it ,but maybe a few lines.....

" I've had a few horses, that I've called friend"

That Piers Morgan dude is an annoying arrogant toad. Stick HIM in a bag and dont let him out.
    Blonde Jennifer looks delicious. I wonder how much she charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Throppled View Post
    I used to support PETA, because I do believe in animal welfare, but left them over their hypocrisy, over-the-top stunts, and the endless appeals for money.
    A lot of their antics have made me lose faith in them
    yesterdays got nothing for me
    pictures that ill always see
    I aint got time to reminisce on novelties

I admit that I do like a lot of their ads.

That chubby bunny is so cute! I can't take my eyes off of it.

Last edited by Uncled; 02-07-2020 at 05:34 PM.

High Priestess
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncled View Post
    I admit that I do like a lot of their ads:

How else would that racket get donations? They gotta do what they gotta do to get the money rolling in...
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

High Priestess
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Throppled View Post
    I used to support them too. It’s hard to take them seriously these days.
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

I believe in animal welfare not animal rights. There is a big difference.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

I agree with jgg. Yes, animals are living things, should not be abused etc. ... but aren't people. Applying human rights to non-humans just proves PETA's ignorance about nature. There is lots that can be said and done about legitimate animal protection that doesn't fall into the realm of the absurd.

PETA are clowns. They're like Scientology, pulling in celebs to gain attention, make money, and spread their insane dogma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast