View Poll Results: Do spelling and grammar affect your decision to see a SP?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. No, there are more important things

8 16.67%
  • 2. Yes, I like the attention to detail

40 83.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do spelling and grammar affect your decision to see a SP?

Quote Originally Posted by Erokose View Post
    I stopped reading because your dumb-ass could not spell AD correctly!! /s
    I fixed it princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    It's more difficult for a person to proofread their own writing vs proofreading someone else's. On a cognitive level we tend to naturally focus more on the message we're trying to convey.

But if there's typos and grammatical errors galore yet they claim to be working on their PhD, I can understand the suspicion.
    Not to mention autocorrect for those who use their phones

Quote Originally Posted by lukom View Post
    I fixed it princess.
    Thank you! But it was much better the way it was, since it showed that we all do it. You did notice the "/s" at the end of my comment, right?

What Miss Hunter says is very true. I reddit, and that has caused me to proofread everything over a sentence, since the grammar/spelling nazis on reddit are ridiculous. I still make mistakes though, and people sometimes ask for clarification. I also ask for clarification, especially when it is apparent that English is not their native tongue.

Oh, wait.... "Excuse me miss, before I complete my evaluation of your suitableness to suck my Johnson, could you kindly write out this missive so I can check your spelling?"

If a big-titted blond blonde gave me the eyeball, I would HOPE she could care less about spelling and was more interested in getting down to business.

Not one single girl that I've picked up by sight has spelling been a deciding factor. Non-English speakers can't spell or write worth shit, but they are fun.

In the context of online LeoList ads, bad spelling, freaky emojies, texting abbreviations, awful writing, usually translates into "willing to negotiate" on price and/or time.

The one crazy example from Izabella submitted by lukom, that girl turns out to be a lot of fun and doesn't watch the clock.

It may well be that an impeccably written advertisement is meant to justify a higher price. in that case, such presentations this get far more scrutiny to try to find out how such a unicorn is listing herself on crappy leolist or perb.

Blog Entries
    One who was working on her Masters enjoyed drinking Champain.

Whoo Boy.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

A plural subject requires a plural verb.
    It should be "Do spelling and grammar..."

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    One who was working on her Masters enjoyed drinking Champain.
    She was a "Collage Girl"
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

It should matter. It's an advertisement for your business/services.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    A plural subject requires a plural verb.
    It should be "Do spelling and grammar..."
    LOL! Thank you, I edited it! That's why I mentioned first off that I am not an English major. :embarrassed:

Quote Originally Posted by VanessainVictoria View Post
    LOL! Thank you, I edited it! That's why I mentioned first off that I am not an English major. :embarrassed:
    I only minored in English.
    However my major was Communication.

High Priestess
    I've grown a tolerance for spelling and grammar issues when it's due to ESL reasons. But, considering the type of service I provide as a Domme for safety and consent reasons, aside from minor errors, they have to be proficient enough to read and communicate clearly. But short form text speak tends to turn me off entirely from booking a client.

Hey bb r u avail?
    Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

High Priestess
    Short form text speak vile dirty gutter talk is even worse

Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    It's more difficult for a person to proofread their own writing vs proofreading someone else's
    It's true. When you read your own material, your brain is thinking of what you meant instead of what you actually wrote. However, I find if you read over your work some time later (like a few hours later, or even the next morning) you can catch some of the errors you otherwise missed.

It’s not so much spelling or grammar, but ones lexicon and diction that turns me off.

I mean you post ads with so many slang words, it sound more like you’re catering to high rolling ballers in some hip-hop music video fantasy.... and that’s really not my scene, I’ll just move on to the next ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Guy_Rye View Post
    It’s not so much spelling or grammar, but ones lexicon and diction that turns me off.

I mean you post ads with so many slang words, it sound more like you’re catering to high rolling ballers in some hip-hop music video fantasy.... and that’s really not my scene, I’ll just move on to the next ad.
    Yup, and many of those ads don't contain important details either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast