Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would most Persian (Iranian) people in Canada be happy if USA overthrows Iran gov.?

Would most Persian (Iranian) people in Canada be happy if USA overthrows Iran gov.?

I assume that most of the people that left Iran for Canada did so because they did not like the current Iranian government. Is it safe to say that Iranians in Canada would be happy to see the current Iranian govenment overthrown by the USA?

JD

I think the fundamentalist regime is widely unpopular.
    Khomeini was a good alternative to the Shah but turned out to be even more repressive.
    Most Iranians would be happy to see a change, but the Robles with US style regime change is it is always done for the benefit of the US, not the residents.

US already overthrew an Iranian government when they installed the shah. They have had nothing but trouble since.

How’s that democracy coming along in Afghanistan? Iraq? Not as easy as it looks eh.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Along the same vein, would most American people in Canada be happy if Canada overthrow the US government?

Quote Originally Posted by Horn_dawg View Post
    Along the same vein, would most American people in Canada be happy if Canada overthrow the US government?
    It would depend on why they left the USA for Canada. If it was because of Trump, then HELL YES!!!

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JimDandy View Post
    It would depend on why they left the USA for Canada. If it was because of Trump, then HELL YES!!!

JD
    I am not so sure, considering such an overthrow would involve bombing the hell out of their country, killing lots of people possibly including the friends and family they left behind. Not to mention other social, cultural, and political impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn_dawg View Post
    I am not so sure, considering such an overthrow would involve bombing the hell out of their country, killing lots of people possibly including the friends and family they left behind. Not to mention other social, cultural, and political impacts.
    I was using the scenario where aliens come down to Earth and gave the Canadian government control of the planet. We would have such sophisticated alien technology that we would be able to overthrow the US government without killing a single person. Unlikely you say? I counter with, how likely is it that Canada could defeat the USA using conventional warfare ???

JD

Nobody likes the government of Iran but nobody expects that any such overthrow would be good for Iranians. The idea that US involvement ever helps matters is ridiculous. Look at what their "help" has meant for Iraq and Syria.

Blog Entries
    Lots of Iranians immigrated here with the fall of the Shah. They weren’t the fundamentalist Islamic types like they have running the country now.

I think the reaction will be a lot more terror attacks through groups like hezbollah. Doubtful they would want to get in a toe to toe battle with the Americans. As long as they don’t do anything stupid like sending missiles to Israel, the incursions will be doing aimed at Saudi or Turkey.

Ironic the Dotard is quoted in 2011 that Obama would attack Iran to win the election in 2012. Lots of media outlets playing that sound clip today.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post

Ironic the Dotard is quoted in 2011 that Obama would attack Iran to win the election in 2012. Lots of media outlets playing that sound clip today.
    Yes! Look at the thread I started up right after this one lol.

JD

I guess this video answers my question:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news...ran/vi-BBYAREh

JD

The Trump government acted quickly and with precision. Unlike Clinton and Obama in Benghazi. Of which they both should be in jail for.

Saudi Arabia and Iran as countries are strategic rivals over who controls the Persian Gulf. The Wahabbist/Salafist types of Saudi Arabia (etc.) and the Shiites of Iran (and Iraq) are blood enemies when it comes to religion.

These days, the Wahbabists / Salafists (mostly Saudi initiated, but sometimes Turkey or Qatar) are strong allies of Israeli hardliners and US evangelicals (despite all the terrorism of ISIS and Al Qaida), against a looser alliance of Orthodox & Catholic Christian Arabs, as well as Shiite Muslims (and to some degree Russia and a lesser degree China).

The Middle East is a strange and harsh place, for of layer after layer of intrigue & deadly grudges. The best thing any western power can do is stay the fuck out of there, and not end up being used as dumb muscle for all the sneaky manipulators behind the scenes.

As Smokescreend said, there is zero prospect of installing a liberal democracy there; nothing installed from outside can survive and nothing genuinely homegrown would resemble the western kind. If western leaders (like Trump, or Obama before him, or Bush & Blair before that) are talking about democracy and human rights, that is just a smokescreen for the western public to be blinded by, as they gear up for starting yet another war that will spill a lot of blood and bankrupt our countries as well as theirs.
    Last edited by rlock; 01-06-2020 at 02:36 AM.

The Iranian mess started in 1953, from Wikpedia:

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh.....

You blame it on the Russians (then Soviets).

Quote Originally Posted by licks2nite View Post
    The Iranian mess started in 1953, from Wikpedia:

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh.....
    Project Code name: TP Ajax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast