Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been approached by a Street walker in the DTES?

Have you ever been approached by a Street walker in the DTES?

When I was stepping out of No 5 Orange on Hastings, an older looking lady by the parking lot asked me whether I was interested in a bj for around $20, $30. I declined and wasn't interested in anything like this in the alley. But has anyone here gotten service from street walkers in this area? She probably asks a lot of guys walking out the same question

I don't even have to give her ANY introduction.

Usually when I'm in the city on business, I'd rent a hotel room in downtown. During my free time, I'd stroll through Gastown for a few drinks along the bar scene make my way towards the No.5 (avoiding actually walking down Hastings for the obvious reasons).

After a few beers and shows (even some REALLY GOOD private ones) I was ready to go back to my hotel. I'd walk north toward Alexander and cut back through Gastown, in the later hours there would be a few ladies 'starting their shift'.

One girl I noticed wore a red slinky dress, lurking around the entrance to (i'm guessing) an SRO, she saw me walk towards her from the No.5, so she reached in her purse for her keys, turned to the door to open it but dropped them then whispered an "oh shit". Between the loud crash of a set of keys on the ground and the exclaiming 'shit' remark to get my attention, that red dress crept up her curves and over her hips, exposing her ass and the thong underneath as she was picking up her keys. When she stood up, she never bothered fixing her dress, just left it up. Staring at me the whole time, while she unlocks and opens the door; then held it open long enough to see if I'd follow her inside.

Sadly, I chickened out. Despite buzzing from a few beers and still packing a chub from those private dances, "Rational Me" was kicking me in the head and told me not to go in; partly because I subconsciously have a set of rules when seeking such services. Or probably because inside the SRO's lobby there was graffiti and holes punched into the wall, it could've been a trap, who knows....

Nope. Never. I guess I must either look too poor or too ugly lol.

JD

Wouldn't indulge in DTES. Wouldn't support the lifestyle down there. Ruined economy or not, that has steadily gotten worse over the decade and grossly illustrated in the DTES. In the '60s common folk could comfortably walk from East Hastings Street into downtown without feeling offended.

I hung around Hastings and Pender as a teen and never had problems.
    It was a lot nicer back then eh licks?
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Guy_Rye View Post
    Usually when I'm in the city on business, I'd rent a hotel room in downtown. During my free time, I'd stroll through Gastown for a few drinks along the bar scene make my way towards the No.5 (avoiding actually walking down Hastings for the obvious reasons).

After a few beers and shows (even some REALLY GOOD private ones) I was ready to go back to my hotel. I'd walk north toward Alexander and cut back through Gastown, in the later hours there would be a few ladies 'starting their shift'.

One girl I noticed wore a red slinky dress, lurking around the entrance to (i'm guessing) an SRO, she saw me walk towards her from the No.5, so she reached in her purse for her keys, turned to the door to open it but dropped them then whispered an "oh shit". Between the loud crash of a set of keys on the ground and the exclaiming 'shit' remark to get my attention, that red dress crept up her curves and over her hips, exposing her ass and the thong underneath as she was picking up her keys. When she stood up, she never bothered fixing her dress, just left it up. Staring at me the whole time, while she unlocks and opens the door; then held it open long enough to see if I'd follow her inside.

Sadly, I chickened out. Despite buzzing from a few beers and still packing a chub from those private dances, "Rational Me" was kicking me in the head and told me not to go in; partly because I subconsciously have a set of rules when seeking such services. Or probably because inside the SRO's lobby there was graffiti and holes punched into the wall, it could've been a trap, who knows....
    I'd rather stick my dick in one of those holes in the wall than in a DTES prostitute.

Just a curious flatlander, what is DTES? We probably have a similar term for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    Just a curious flatlander, what is DTES? We probably have a similar term for the same thing.
    Downtown East Side, between say Pender to Clarke drive east/west and hastings to Powell north/south

The Heart of DTES:

HEATLEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    I hung around Hastings and Pender as a teen and never had problems.
    It was a lot nicer back then eh licks?
    Intersection of Hastings and Pender is at Coal Harbour in the West End. Didn't call it "Downtown East Side" in those days, but the old part of Vancouver city always intrigued me anyways as does the older section of European cities that maintain a heritage without looking like a slum.

Quote Originally Posted by licks2nite View Post
    Intersection of Hastings and Pender
    I meant I hung around both streets, not at their intersection.
    We used to go to the Best Seafood cafe, the big pawn shop, and then Sykora's record store (spelling?)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    Selkirk Avenue would be a good analogue. Kind of cool back then - even had a branch of Clifford's - but now it's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by licks2nite View Post
    Wouldn't indulge in DTES. Wouldn't support the lifestyle down there. Ruined economy or not, that has steadily gotten worse over the decade and grossly illustrated in the DTES. In the '60s common folk could comfortably walk from East Hastings Street into downtown without feeling offended.
    I walk over to the 5 once in a while and honestly the DTES keeps getting worse. It looks like a shithole ghetto from some bad 80's science fiction movie. I've been to West Africa and their cities were cleaner and looked better than the DTES.

I wouldn't touch a DTES street walker with a hazmat suit on.

I wouldn't touch a DTES street walker with a hazmat suit on.[/QUOTE]

Bin cruisin the last 20yrs. Scabies once. Probably from there. Had it once before from a wetsuit whence learning to windsurf 35ys ago.
    The DTES looking a tad rougher perhaps. Mostly cuz the finer looking ladies r few and far between now. Thank you fentanyl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast