Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I am showing my age, but I don't see the big fucking deal ...

Maybe I am showing my age, but I don't see the big fucking deal ...

about getting your wife an exercie bicycle for Xmas:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...n-ad-1.5388292

Now having said that, because of the price of this particular bike ($2000), there is no way I would have bought this for my wife (when I was still married) unless I had some indication from her that she actually wanted the bike. And btw, these bikes are way over priced!

Just the same, I still think the PC crowd is making way to big a deal about this ad. I do like the fact that Vanocuver's own, Ryan Reynolds, has reached out to help this poor woman. Now he has to do the same for the poor guy who portrayed her husband in the ad.

JD
    Last edited by JimDandy; 12-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.

High Priestess
    The world has gone mad. I don't understand the complaint about "body shaming" WTF... a gift given to encourage a loved one's physical activity and health is "body shaming" according to the PC police , oh please
    Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

High Priestess
    I don't see what the big fucking deal is either, Jim.

They cry "she already looked fit!!" well yeah... and most people who already are fit want to stay fit. So why can't her husband buy her a bicycle?
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

I think a lot of people who participate in PC thuggery do so, mostly unwittingly, to console themselves and misdirect others regarding their own transgressions. That this actress is facing backlash for her “sad eyebrows” is cyber bullying IMO. I don’t like this ad because the blogging element and I’m not crazy about the product. I also don’t “like” ads in general unless there’s a gift in the form humour or eye candy lol.
    What wrong with this ad? Absolutely nothing. I can’t relate to being anxious to use such a device, but I don’t think they would have thrown that in there unless it would appeal to the target market. Silly but not objectionable. She’s already fit! She’s also a mom who seems to have a demanding job(maybe even the primary bread earner based on her outfit coming home) so maybe between the long hours at the office and home, she doesn’t have time to hit a gym.

Blog Entries
    The complaints are utter Bull Shit.

Watch the ad - the female gets on the Peloton first and followed by the male. How is it construed that she needs to workout?

This PC crowd are total whiners about everything rightly or wrongly.
    Last edited by badbadboy; 12-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

The pussification of our "feelings" rolls merrily along in this what I like to call the politically correct terrorism of our minds.
    Sad indeed it is.

This ad exemplifies the fact when people can use it in that manner. Good lord..............
    ...Negativity destroys form and function. Or as we say in the arts,
    tension not only destroys quickness and movement but sensitivity as well...

There are weird people out there who want to appear so PC, so "woke" and so perfect, that they get triggered by anything that doesn't fit their twisted ideas that everything has to revolve around acceptance and inclusion.

I often wonder how they really behave in their lives, compared to how they judge everyone else via social media.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

High Priestess
    604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

My feelings about the whole thing is it’s just another stupid ad!
    I can see where people are thinking “Wtf? So she lost 1/2 pound in a year and it changed her life?” That’s where I think the commercial is ridiculous!

But on the flip side...
    Maybe she was just naturally thin but not necessarily “in shape” and wanted the bike so she could exercise in busy schedule.
    I always feel better about myself and generally feel “happier” after I exercise!

I agree the whole PC movement is BS. Can't even say obese anymore.....the new term is famine resistant. Homeless people are residentially challenged. Can't make fun of poor people, they have an earning disability. on and on it goes. lol

I laughed at it when I heard people thought it was body shaming. What if I bought some make up stuff. Would it mean that I hate her looks and I m suggesting she needs a bit of touch up? What if you buy someone pedicure vouchers? Does it mean you are suggesting that her (or his) feet stink?
    At my age, they all look good and luckily there is a nerve that connects my eyes to my one-eyed monster.

(, v ,)
    .) . (
    ( 'v' )

High Priestess
    Since we’re on the topic of PC madness ...

604-618-5075 TEXT ONLY
    [email protected]
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

Blog Entries
    On the heels of the Peloton discussion; Fox Sports reporter Jane Slater busted ex BF when his Fitbit spiked activity at 4 AM.

Jane Slater

@SlaterNFL
    An Ex Boyfriend once got me a Fitbit for Christmas. I loved it. We synched up, motivated each other... didn’t hate it until he was unaccounted for at 4am and his physical activity levels were spiking on the app 🥴wish the story wasn’t real. https://twitter.com/albertbreer/stat...26675012362240

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Just a randy Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by clarence1088 View Post
    I agree the whole PC movement is BS. Can't even say obese anymore.....the new term is famine resistant. Homeless people are residentially challenged. Can't make fun of poor people, they have an earning disability. on and on it goes. lol
    Famine resistant?! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I read that! As a bit of a chunky monkey myself I am going to use that one.....bwahahahahaha

PS. is that real or did you make it up?

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    On the heels of the Peloton discussion; Fox Sports reporter Jane Slater busted ex BF when his Fitbit spiked activity at 4 AM.
    Maybe the guy was just having a wet dream?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast