Carman Fox

Welcome to Hell

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
I just want a man to tell me why ponytails are dangerous. Ladies, don't spoil it. Watch them spin.
Not sure what you're expecting to hear. Ponytails are "dangerous" the way walking alone is "dangerous". It's one of those "put the onus on the victim" bits of preventative-measure advice, in this particular case the argument is that a ponytail gives predators something to grab. Obviously it shouldn't be this way.

ElsiDawson

Slutty slut
Nov 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Not sure what you're expecting to hear. Ponytails are "dangerous" the way walking alone is "dangerous". It's one of those "put the onus on the victim" bits of preventative-measure advice, in this particular case the argument is that a ponytail gives predators something to grab. Obviously it shouldn't be this way.
Ding, ding, ding! Self-Defense 101 says wearing a ponytail is dangerous because if someone decides to nab you, you've given them a handle to grab you by and have made it nearly impossible to escape if you cannot overpower an attacker physically while they have your skull and you're not willing to scalp yourself.

Other 101 things women know--
- don't leave your hair down if it obscures your vision
- if you're scared, make a phone call to any number. Do not pretend to make a phone call (if someone's going to take you anyway, you want to have someone know)
- if you're meeting anyone for the first time, man or woman, tell someone where you're going, when you expect to return, and instructions for if you're kidnapped
- hold your keys between your knuckles so you can... Feel like you'll do damage? That one doesn't work.
- Don't carry your purse over one arm, cross the strap across your chest and keep it in front of you (but know that if any strap across your chest is too tight, someone can grab you so be sure it's loose enough that you can slip it off to escape if need be)
- do not get into a stranger's car
- check the backseat of your car before you get into it
- if you're in a car with someone who is trying to take you somewhere against your will, do anything you can to cause an accident and get help or an opportunity to escape
- if you suspect someone is tailing you, walk up to someone you don't know as though they're an old friend or someone you're meeting, hug them, and whisper in their ear "I'm being followed, play along"
- do not go out at night, especially if drunk, high, alone, or otherwise vulnerable
- do not live on a ground *or* second storey apartment
- if you've lost sight or track of your drink at any point, assume it's dosed and get a new one
- do not take drugs/drinks/foods from strangers
- pull up the lining of a car trunk to pull the wires off the taillight and have the vehicle pulled over
- if you're on a bike and someone tries to grab you, hold onto the bike for dear life. It's harder to take a bike and a person than just a person.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
Ding, ding, ding! Self-Defense 101 says wearing a ponytail is dangerous because if someone decides to nab you, you've given them a handle to grab you by and have made it nearly impossible to escape if you cannot overpower an attacker physically while they have your skull and you're not willing to scalp yourself.

Other 101 things women know--
- don't leave your hair down if it obscures your vision
- if you're scared, make a phone call to any number. Do not pretend to make a phone call (if someone's going to take you anyway, you want to have someone know)
- if you're meeting anyone for the first time, man or woman, tell someone where you're going, when you expect to return, and instructions for if you're kidnapped
- hold your keys between your knuckles so you can... Feel like you'll do damage? That one doesn't work.
- Don't carry your purse over one arm, cross the strap across your chest and keep it in front of you (but know that if any strap across your chest is too tight, someone can grab you so be sure it's loose enough that you can slip it off to escape if need be)
- do not get into a stranger's car
- check the backseat of your car before you get into it
- if you're in a car with someone who is trying to take you somewhere against your will, do anything you can to cause an accident and get help or an opportunity to escape
- if you suspect someone is tailing you, walk up to someone you don't know as though they're an old friend or someone you're meeting, hug them, and whisper in their ear "I'm being followed, play along"
- do not go out at night, especially if drunk, high, alone, or otherwise vulnerable
- do not live on a ground *or* second storey apartment
- if you've lost sight or track of your drink at any point, assume it's dosed and get a new one
- do not take drugs/drinks/foods from strangers
- pull up the lining of a car trunk to pull the wires off the taillight and have the vehicle pulled over
- if you're on a bike and someone tries to grab you, hold onto the bike for dear life. It's harder to take a bike and a person than just a person.

If the fine young lady would allow me to add.......

Strike for the neck, some people can take incredible blows to their face, and not even be stunned,....all life travels through the neck, air , blood ,nerves....
If the face is the only target, use that cured acrylic nail as a hook, and go for the eyes, push in at the point closest to the nose, curl your thumb, like your digging out a golf ball...the attacker at this point, will do everything within his power to get away from you....if the neck is vulnerable, use that thumb to hook his esophagus , which is a stiff tube that will collapse.
If you find yourself on the ground....go for those eyes, and balls at the same time.....or dig your thumb into his pie hole, and deep into the throat.
Teeth, thumbs, elbows, and knees can be formidable weapons, even on a 120 pound person..I took out the knee of a White Turban Taliban piece of shit, that was twice my size, he screamed like a little girl.
There is nothing meaner, or more cunning than a threatened female of our species...size means nothing, the willingness to defend your well being at all costs, and maximize the damage on your assailant is key.
Defending yourself against an edged weapon is another matter, and takes training...I'm capable of disarming almost anyone, short of a Green Beret, or Navy Seal....if you find yourself up against a bladed weapon, use any object around to defend yourself, putting distance between yourself, and the blade. A chair, your purse, even a jacket.
A US Matine trick is to wear a heavy leather belt around your waist, with a nice sized brass buckle, that's been sewn on....wrap it twice around your hand, and the buckle becomes a formidable weapon, that's almost impossible to loose, particularly from a fully trained combat ready Marine, in a really bad bar fight.

If your worried about carrying weapons and the law...and I know this might be pushing the envelope here, so the Mods are more than welcome to edit.....carry a sharp letter opener, in a sheath, in your purse, I've even heard of ladies carrying a pair of scissors.
Buy one with a lanyard hole drilled through the end of a longer handle, enough handle that about 1-1/2 to 2 inches protrudes from the heel of your hand,and tie enough cord around it , so it can be wrapped around your wrist twice...it can be turned against you in a knock down fight, but predators are chicken shits, it will usually make them seek another victim, or easier prey.
With a small blade, same targets, neck, eyes ,groin...it's not pretty, but it's effective.

ElsiDawson

Slutty slut
Nov 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
If the fine young lady would allow me to add.......

Strike for the neck, some people can take incredible blows to their face, and not even be stunned,....all life travels through the neck, air , blood ,nerves....
If the face is the only target, use that cured acrylic nail as a hook, and go for the eyes, push in at the point closest to the nose, curl your thumb, like your digging out a golf ball...the attacker at this point, will do everything within his power to get away from you....if the neck is vulnerable, use that thumb to hook his esophagus , which is a stiff tube that will collapse.
If you find yourself on the ground....go for those eyes, and balls at the same time.....or dig your thumb into his pie hole, and deep into the throat.
Teeth, thumbs, elbows, and knees can be formidable weapons, even on a 120 pound person..I took out the knee of a White Turban Taliban piece of shit, that was twice my size, he screamed like a little girl.
There is nothing meaner, or more cunning than a threatened female of our species...size means nothing, the willingness to defend your well being at all costs, and maximize the damage on your assailant is key.
Defending yourself against an edged weapon is another matter, and takes training...I'm capable of disarming almost anyone, short of a Green Beret, or Navy Seal....if you find yourself up against a bladed weapon, use any object around to defend yourself, putting distance between yourself, and the blade. A chair, your purse, even a jacket.
A US Matine trick is to wear a heavy leather belt around your waist, with a nice sized brass buckle, that's been sewn on....wrap it twice around your hand, and the buckle becomes a formidable weapon, that's almost impossible to loose, particularly from a fully trained combat ready Marine, in a really bad bar fight.

If your worried about carrying weapons and the law...and I know this might be pushing the envelope here, so the Mods are more than welcome to edit.....carry a sharp letter opener, in a sheath, in your purse, I've even heard of ladies carrying a pair of scissors.
Buy one with a lanyard hole drilled through the end of a longer handle, enough handle that about 1-1/2 to 2 inches protrudes from the heel of your hand,and tie enough cord around it , so it can be wrapped around your wrist twice...it can be turned against you in a knock down fight, but predators are chicken shits, it will usually make them seek another victim, or easier prey.
With a small blade, same targets, neck, eyes ,groin...it's not pretty, but it's effective.

And here we go into Combat 418, but many of these skills require practice, the confidence to follow through on a strike, and the ability to think while your head is flooding with adrenaline and the only thing you can hear is the occasional 'pop' or 'crack' over the roar of your own heartbeat. See every training montage that spans weeks over a few minutes of "right/left/hook/knee! right/left/hook/knee! right/left/hook/knee!" until someone pukes from exhaustion. If you think you're at especially high risk of being attacked (hi, fellow SPs!), it would be a good idea to at least get a course or two of hand-to-hand under your white belt. When I was in highschool, I was a football hero, on the soccer team, a competitive swimmer and had been in more fights than 9/10 of the average boys in my grade, but when I got a job in downtown Vancouver, I asked my mum to put me in a couple weekend courses. I'd be going to Downtown Vancouver, in the business district after hours, via public transit in winter and I wanted to "be sure." She was reluctant (see my track record on getting in fights outside of any formal setting), but could absolutely see why that would be important. Even just to have proper, practiced, basic training (how to form a fist, how to rotate into a strike, and to know that if you didn't feel the impact your opponent didn't either) made me better at understanding when I could size someone up and Call, Hold, or Fold.

Re weapons--I don't like to fuck with them. I know Smarty McStabstons over here is fluent in his accessories but even he says that he could disarm more people than live in his town. Let's say you bring a knife to a punch fight. You win, yeah? You've wrapped a lanyard twice around your hand because you thought that was a good idea to make sure that someone doesn't take your knife from you. Okay, cool. Are you sure that this person wouldn't be capable of immobilizing your arm? Overpowering you to point your own knife at you? Of sitting on you and using two hands to take your weapon even if they have to snap the cord? I'm confident that I could fold Vulva Man in half if I had to, but if he had a knife (his or mine, even without knowing what his stats are), I'd have to engineer a different solution. Please don't be that shaking leaf of an idiot who manages to get the gun in a scramble, picks it up, points it at Bad Guy and then is so clearly incapable of using the weapon that they're talked into handing the gun over.

*Adding obstacles between yourself and an attacker is one of the most basic things you can do to protect yourself.* Someone attacking you isn't an opponent, they're a threat. The more space, time and crap you can put between you two, the less time you have to worry about running out of oxygen. Pillows, chairs, a coffee table, a deck of card, whatever. If it makes him pause for a split second, you have that much more of an advantage that you didn't have a minute ago. Maybe, in the rush of things, he doesn't know what you put down and he stops to look. Mission accomplished. (Then I'd kick his jaw clean off his dome and use it to make the most metal sock puppet ever, but you should prolly just stick to:)

Getting the fuck out of there. Know your exits. You've never opened that door in your building because it's not the straight A To B line to your apartment? Take a fucking peek in there so you know what it is. Do you know when your neighbours are home? Do they lock their doors? Figure that out. I've managed successfully to walk into a stranger's house late at night because I saw someone walk in and figured they're either right behind the door or haven't locked it yet, let myself in, closed the door behind me, and explained quickly that someone was following me and I just needed a couple minutes to make them lose interest, sorry to interrupt your family viewing of Jeopardy.

The things that make you vulnerable--your smaller size, your bigger size, your tits, your inability to keep from crying anytime something gets your heart rate up--use them to your advantage. Can you scream so loudly and terribly that it should be used as Blood-Curling Scream #4 in video editing? Do that. People can't help but want to protect you because you're built like a hummingbird? Make sure to find strangers to hide behind and protect you. (You think sybian can get away with hiding behind someone else if he comes running at them in a panic? No. That's why he has to use his punchers.) If you're exceptionally clumsy, stumble in public so that people look at you to check if you're okay. Anything. Think about it and how you can make that a superpower.

You don't need to know how to throw a solid punch and you don't have to bind your tits to be taken seriously or respected or keep yourself safe. You have other things you can do and other tricks you can use, if you take a few minutes to think about them and play a few hundred rounds of "what if" while you're getting your nails cured.

And if you want to come Wrassle at Elsi's just to know how you'd react if someone bigger than you were holding you down, you know where to find me.

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
Now I don't know who to fear most, Sybian or Elsi. Perhaps I'd best be nice to both of them.

ElsiDawson

Slutty slut
Nov 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Nah...I'm harmless.
Elsi is the bad ass, we've had a few conversations about this very thing, and I'll admit she impressed me.
We agreed to tell people I was all bark and you had the chompers, remember?

No, people don't remember what you say, they remember how you made them feel.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
And here we go into Combat 418, but many of these skills require practice, the confidence to follow through on a strike, and the ability to think while your head is flooding with adrenaline and the only thing you can hear is the occasional 'pop' or 'crack' over the roar of your own heartbeat. See every training montage that spans weeks over a few minutes of "right/left/hook/knee! right/left/hook/knee! right/left/hook/knee!" until someone pukes from exhaustion. If you think you're at especially high risk of being attacked (hi, fellow SPs!), it would be a good idea to at least get a course or two of hand-to-hand under your white belt. When I was in highschool, I was a football hero, on the soccer team, a competitive swimmer and had been in more fights than 9/10 of the average boys in my grade, but when I got a job in downtown Vancouver, I asked my mum to put me in a couple weekend courses. I'd be going to Downtown Vancouver, in the business district after hours, via public transit in winter and I wanted to "be sure." She was reluctant (see my track record on getting in fights outside of any formal setting), but could absolutely see why that would be important. Even just to have proper, practiced, basic training (how to form a fist, how to rotate into a strike, and to know that if you didn't feel the impact your opponent didn't either) made me better at understanding when I could size someone up and Call, Hold, or Fold.

Re weapons--I don't like to fuck with them. I know Smarty McStabstons over here is fluent in his accessories but even he says that he could disarm more people than live in his town. Let's say you bring a knife to a punch fight. You win, yeah? You've wrapped a lanyard twice around your hand because you thought that was a good idea to make sure that someone doesn't take your knife from you. Okay, cool. Are you sure that this person wouldn't be capable of immobilizing your arm? Overpowering you to point your own knife at you? Of sitting on you and using two hands to take your weapon even if they have to snap the cord? I'm confident that I could fold Vulva Man in half if I had to, but if he had a knife (his or mine, even without knowing what his stats are), I'd have to engineer a different solution. Please don't be that shaking leaf of an idiot who manages to get the gun in a scramble, picks it up, points it at Bad Guy and then is so clearly incapable of using the weapon that they're talked into handing the gun over.

*Adding obstacles between yourself and an attacker is one of the most basic things you can do to protect yourself.* Someone attacking you isn't an opponent, they're a threat. The more space, time and crap you can put between you two, the less time you have to worry about running out of oxygen. Pillows, chairs, a coffee table, a deck of card, whatever. If it makes him pause for a split second, you have that much more of an advantage that you didn't have a minute ago. Maybe, in the rush of things, he doesn't know what you put down and he stops to look. Mission accomplished. (Then I'd kick his jaw clean off his dome and use it to make the most metal sock puppet ever, but you should prolly just stick to:)

Getting the fuck out of there. Know your exits. You've never opened that door in your building because it's not the straight A To B line to your apartment? Take a fucking peek in there so you know what it is. Do you know when your neighbours are home? Do they lock their doors? Figure that out. I've managed successfully to walk into a stranger's house late at night because I saw someone walk in and figured they're either right behind the door or haven't locked it yet, let myself in, closed the door behind me, and explained quickly that someone was following me and I just needed a couple minutes to make them lose interest, sorry to interrupt your family viewing of Jeopardy.

The things that make you vulnerable--your smaller size, your bigger size, your tits, your inability to keep from crying anytime something gets your heart rate up--use them to your advantage. Can you scream so loudly and terribly that it should be used as Blood-Curling Scream #4 in video editing? Do that. People can't help but want to protect you because you're built like a hummingbird? Make sure to find strangers to hide behind and protect you. (You think sybian can get away with hiding behind someone else if he comes running at them in a panic? No. That's why he has to use his punchers.) If you're exceptionally clumsy, stumble in public so that people look at you to check if you're okay. Anything. Think about it and how you can make that a superpower.

You don't need to know how to throw a solid punch and you don't have to bind your tits to be taken seriously or respected or keep yourself safe. You have other things you can do and other tricks you can use, if you take a few minutes to think about them and play a few hundred rounds of "what if" while you're getting your nails cured.

And if you want to come Wrassle at Elsi's just to know how you'd react if someone bigger than you were holding you down, you know where to find me.
We agreed to tell people I was all bark and you had the chompers, remember?

No, people don't remember what you say, they remember how you made them feel.
I ever tell you how hot you are when you talk like that?

licks2nite

Nov 30, 2006
Complete article:
Exposing The Plan For A Global Dystopia
Authored by Alasdair Macleod, GoldMoney.com
https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/plans-for-a-global-dystopia

Global policy planners intend to deliver replacements for both dollar hegemony and fossil fuels. Plans may appear uncoordinated and in their early stages, but these issues are becoming increasingly linked.

The OECD will build on current tax disclosures to make everyone’s income and capital known to governments and therefore readily taxable, money destined to kick-start economic growth. Under the guidance of supranational organisations, governments will redirect investment into green technology. The objective, particularly for Europeans, is to neutralise Russia’s increasing dominance of the global energy market by becoming carbon neutral by 2030.

By doing so, it has removed the necessity for governments to moderate their tax demands for fear that individuals will move their money out of reach. Information on private affairs are now exchanged automatically by banks, lawyers, financial advisors and accountants, without the individual’s knowledge. As a result of the introduction of the OECD’s common reporting standard, the organisation claims that over $85bn of additional tax revenue has been raised. The intention is to raise more, much more.

Central banks acting in concert could have a new role of coordinating a monetary reset, which as we can deduce from Mark Carney’s [former Bank of Canada governor, currently Bank of England governor] speech at Jackson Hole in August is already being discussed. We shall start by looking at the state of current monetary policies, their failure, and the drive to replace them with something else, before addressing the energy question.

Specifically, in his speech Carney identified the existence of a global liquidity trap nullifying interest rate policy with three elements: a global savings glut tied up in dollars, a reduction in the scale of sustainable cross border flows and “fattening of the left-hand tail and increasing the downside skew of likely economic outcomes”. This last element of gobbledegook appears to translate into an acknowledgement of the failure of current interest rate policy to stimulate economic recovery, which cannot be admitted in plain English.

Being based on Keynesian macroeconomic beliefs, we can take the evidence of economic error for granted, particularly since these beliefs have consistently failed to deliver any credible solution. It is the element of desperation we must explore further. If Carney feels a sense of desperation (and his speech reeks of it) then his fellow central bankers will as well. But instead of just abandoning failed policies, a bridge is required towards a new set of policies, a monetary reset. And it will almost certainly involve a greater suppression of the role of markets and an increase in state control over money and how it is used.

For central bankers, there is a fear that the emergence of a competing private sector crypto-payments system, even linked to a basket of fiat currencies, will challenge national currencies. They would have to be pretty dopey not to see that Bitcoin in particular is educating the masses about the moral fraud behind the expansion of fiat money. The challenge will be to come up with a credible alternative, completely under the control of a few major central banks. But first, the purpose of a state-backed cryptocurrency must be settled.

The EU’s response to the energy threat from Russia has been to adopt a radical green agenda without reservation. Despite about 98% of transport and logistics being delivered by diesel and gasoline, some member states in the EU are banning the sales of internal combustion engines as motive power from as soon as 2030. This accelerated path to zero emissions will require massive investment. Clearly this is being viewed as economically stimulative at a time of declining optimism over the general economic outlook.

It amounts to an extension and escalation of failed inflationist policies, but the underlying point is it transfers free markets to statist management on a global scale not seen before. The ambition is for a few supranational organisations, not accountable to anybody, to act as an informal world government. It also accords fully with how central banks are likely to restructure their currencies.

rlock

May 20, 2015
Not sure how a "global liquidity trap nullifying interest rate policy" relates to women being grabbed by creeps and stuffed into a windowless van. :noidea:

ElsiDawson

Slutty slut
Nov 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Not sure how a "global liquidity trap nullifying interest rate policy" relates to women being grabbed by creeps and stuffed into a windowless van. :noidea:
If you can't understand that, then you're part of the problem! ;)

Elsi jokes, buddy's just lost. Let's gently guide him to the other side of the internet. It can be a confusing place and we were all new once.

licks2nite

Nov 30, 2006
Thought that I was getting back on topic. Are you Millennial looking for Modern Monitary Theory and hyperinflation? Or Generation X satisified with debt default?

ElsiDawson

Slutty slut
Nov 5, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Thought that I was getting back on topic. Are you Millennial looking for Modern Monitary Theory and hyperinflation? Or Generation X satisified with debt default?
It would be too damaging to my career if I told half of the internet that I could hand them their ass if I needed to and then had an opinion about macro-economics.

God, getting laid in college after I came out about my stance that Keynesian economics and supply-side policies are the same coin flipping over and over depending on which side you land on--if anti-trust laws aren't effectively managed, it doesn't matter where the dollar starts, we all know where it's going to land.

...and every boner in the room deflated. (Thank fuck for young women "experimenting" or I'd have starved to death.)

Shanghai

Banned
Mar 22, 2015
Just buy a spy ring that you can fill with acid and squirt it in a would be attackers eyes!

Seriously though, the greatest fear any attacker has is being identified. Your cell phone (and now, smart watch) is one of the greatest weapons available. Audio, video, GPS location, heartbeat, panic buttons and so on.

I ask my kid what the most important thing you do when a car or someone approaches you, and the response will be something like run, or stomp on their foot. My kid is one of those who stops and goes “awwww” and pets any animal, ignoring the owners. So, not the best judge of danger at this point. No school report alerting parents a kid has been approached by a stranger has EVER included “the child has the training to locate and remembered the license plate number, model, make color of the car and was able to provide sufficient visual description of the man for police sketch artists to greatly assist in the individual’s apprehension.”

Besides, I really don’t want to instill any sort of fear in my child that behind every corner danger lurks and put her in karate. Dance, soccer, piano, homework.

So I say, observe. Record. Remember. If you really must pet the animal, first look at the owner and after asking permission, remember everything possible about the person and situation. Take cell phone photos not only of the dog but consciously include the background as an information gathering exercise. Let’s the pros work their magic from that point.

A typical women already tuned into observing they are interested in on a daily basis such as fashion will, at a glance, instantly take in and remember vast amount of information such as nails, hair, dress, perfume, adornments and piercings and tattoos.

Spies are trained to memorized what they see, like 10 license plate numbers at a glance. Most people can’t remember a licence plate number past a minute or two or after being distracted. As an exercise, I get my kid to remember a random licence plate without writing it down and try to recall it a few minutes later. To a kid, it’s a boring and pointless exercise. But they will remember lyrics to a song and their playlist. So, it is a matter of rejigging the mind to focus elsewhere and remember extensive details of an attacker that is useful to police. No one can learn enough in a few days, weeks, or months of self defence training, then months or years later, expect that learning to be effective. Muscle memory takes longer than that.

Attackers pick targets based on vulnerability “score”. A show I watched years ago had convicted attackers discuss how they picked targets and were asked to demonstrate by viewing videos of women walking. The women who were clearly confident and carried themselves in a certain way (maybe they just finished going to self defence classes) were less preferable than women who appeared less confident and were easily startled. Someone like Blaeke who is strong and assertive, does kickboxing and teaches it is instantly identifiable as a less desirable target compared to a strung out street worker or a secretary who took a weekend self defence class and has a can of mace somewhere in her purse.

The bit of armchair warrior advice dispensed above can be a very dangerous thing, as this that might give someone a false sense of security. imagine: “Thank the living fuck I read that Perb article now it can save my ass’. So she forgets to run, and eager to try out her new found knowledge, yells appropriately loudly and assertively, attempts to gouge out attackers eye with a sharp nail, expecting she will be victorious and on her way in a jiffy.

But then, oops, the more experienced committed attacker realizes he has to kick into high gear and amps up, twists his head to avoid the nail and butts his head into hers, grabs her hair and smashes her head into the ground, then resumes and completes his attack. His victim remembers little, she is so traumatized.

So, if you start training, don’t stop. Consciously pick self-defence oriented training instead of yogercise or cardio kickboxing. People will know you look like someone that can handle themselves and be far more likely to leave you alone.

Ashley Madison
Vancouver Escorts