Newfoundlanders Don’t Appreciate What Alberta did forThem

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

May 19, 2004
Thousands from Newfoundland came to Alberta to work when there was no jobs in Newfoundland fog them and then vote in the liberals in their province. Do they not understand that the liberals had no hand in making Alberta prosperous enough do they could here to work? If they like the liberals so much maybe they should stay home and jig for cod. See how that works for them.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
If Albertans would stop being lazy Newfies wouldn't have to do their work for them.

masterblaster

May 19, 2004
If Albertans would stop being lazy Newfies wouldn't have to do their work for them.
In case you don’t realize it at one there was more work in Alberta than could be done by albertans. Hence all the Newfoundland cod fishers showed up to take the extra jobs since there was nothing but pogey cheque’s back home.

badbadboy

Nov 2, 2006
In Lust Mostly
Thousands from Newfoundland came to Alberta to work when there was no jobs in Newfoundland fog them and then vote in the liberals in their province. Do they not understand that the liberals had no hand in making Alberta prosperous enough do they could here to work? If they like the liberals so much maybe they should stay home and jig for cod. See how that works for them.
Dial down the let’s feel sorry for the oil rich province. Unreal we have to clean up after a spill on the way to the cheap tanker in our harbour. 30 tankers a day. Sure you guys will be there to clean up after the bank draft has cleared :rolleyes:

Before you cry poor, consider under Trudeau you got more $ than any Harper transfers.

http://www.formac.ca/starrspoint/2...on-history-that-jason-kenney-likes-to-forget/

80watts

May 20, 2004
Victoria
Not just Newfoundlanders went to work in Alberta, people from BC, Sask, MB and Ontario. The cod industry went tits up 25+ years ago. Fishing ain't what it used to be. The fishing industry is more fucked then the oil industry. Both coasts have been overfished and other countries drag off our 200 mile limit.

marsvolta

Aug 31, 2009
donna worry as Jason isa gonna fixit wit dat dare corporate tax cut! may not save ma an pas farm but ana couple million ta investgait dat dare foreeen funds of eviromentals! no foreen funds ever funds dat oil patch so fair n square i figure! an geesh that jason sure do talk purty. got a purty mouth too!

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
I'm my own boss but if I were working for somebody and earning my paycheque, my boss would have no damned right to give me grief for how I voted. Or in this case how other people who came from the same province as me voted. I wouldn't owe them anything but an honest day's work. (And that's all I expect from my employees.) The guy could get over himself. So that's what I'd say to Alberta if I were a Newfoundlander.

These Albertans who are giving Newfoundlanders grief are damn well full of themselves and condescending to boot. It's not like they employed the whole damned province anyway. There might be a lot of them, but I'm not even sure there's enough of these migratory workers or whatever you call them to make a dent. (Just checked: the entire population of Ft. McMurray is something like 1/10th the population of Newfoundland. Be realistic here. It wouldn't make a difference.)

These Albertans crying over the election need to grow up.

Last edited:

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
Hating outsiders and blaming them for everything is an Alberta tradition. Ralph Klein made it big with his "Eastern creeps and bums" routine. Alberta is the most xenophobic place I have ever seen. When I was in the army in the 70s and posted there it was just the same.
Even in a place that was almost wholly dependent on the local base, some locals would resent us just for being there.
People would be all high and mighty because their family had been in Alberta for two generations and they would be condescending to "newcomers". Then they would start with the standard "we built this province" lecture I heard from many different people, as if before they arrived it was a barren wasteland.
I was posted in a couple of other provinces and never saw anything like it. Some places like CFB Petawawa were incredibly welcoming and really appreciated you, and the money you spent locally.

I know that most Albertans don't act this way, it's always the loudmouth assholes who get all the attention.
Kenney makes all Albertans look bad, people who have never been there think he, or Klein, are the norm.

PierreCoeur

??? MONKEY MEMBER
May 26, 2013
Surrey
Think of all the billions of dollars that Alberta made from their oil over the past forty or more years. Had their Governments invested a minuscule fraction of that into clean energy technologies they could have been real economic giants. The sooner they realize that the oil industry will end, and get on with the future, the sooner they will find happiness again and stop blaming other Canadians for their problems.

AMG-GTR

SF90 Spider
Dec 2, 2018
🇨🇦 🇸🇬 🇦🇪
I'm my own boss but if I were working for somebody and earning my paycheque, my boss would have no damned right to give me grief for how I voted. Or in this case how other people who came from the same province as me voted. I wouldn't owe them anything but an honest day's work. (And that's all I expect from my employees.) The guy could get over himself. So that's what I'd say to Alberta if I were a Newfoundlander.

These Albertans who are giving Newfoundlanders grief are damn well full of themselves and condescending to boot. It's not like they employed the whole damned province anyway. There might be a lot of them, but I'm not even sure there's enough of these migratory workers or whatever you call them to make a dent. (Just checked: the entire population of Ft. McMurray is something like 1/10th the population of Newfoundland. Be realistic here. It wouldn't make a difference.)

These Albertans crying over the election need to grow up.

I agree with your points. To add to them, I agree that the right to vote in a democratic country should be that persons right and not to be influenced or pushed by anyone, employer included.

With that said, I find a lot of employees vote with an employee mentality without understanding that what’s good for companies can have a better positive effect for employees as well. Case in point, I hired 8 and moved 20 six-figure jobs out of Canada this last year. I didn’t like doing it but even the Canadians I hired to work, were happy to take a pay cut because the country they’re in charges virtually no tax.

I’m not an Alberta fanboy by any means but I think they’re just extremely frustrated with the potential of what they could be doing vs sitting on their hands. There was talk years ago about BC and Albert breaking apart. If Albertans really hate Canada so much then stop being a victim and move out.

I’m constantly dealing with bullshit in this country, that’s life. I’m honest about my issues but I spend more time doing something about it rather than bitching. I find it gets better results.

overdone

Apr 26, 2007
Dial down the let’s feel sorry for the oil rich province. Unreal we have to clean up after a spill on the way to the cheap tanker in our harbour. 30 tankers a day. Sure you guys will be there to clean up after the bank draft has cleared :rolleyes:

Before you cry poor, consider under Trudeau you got more $ than any Harper transfers.

http://www.formac.ca/starrspoint/2...on-history-that-jason-kenney-likes-to-forget/

oil spills, sure, how many have happened?

the pipeline has been there for 50 years, tankers, what 5 a day now, have been in your Harbours for how many years, how many have spilled?

how many of the American ones that sail by your coast daily?

how many will spill when you need to start bringing in oil from another source when we stop the flow?

delusions

yeah, once again, we don't want your oil

well, just what we need, not a drop more

such environmentalists, you make Greta look like poser

and we don't need Trudeau's pittance of bribes

we can look after our own, we need him to stop stepping on our throats

for his own superficial style over substance political gain

Hating outsiders and blaming them for everything is an Alberta tradition. Ralph Klein made it big with his "Eastern creeps and bums" routine. Alberta is the most xenophobic place I have ever seen. When I was in the army in the 70s and posted there it was just the same.
Even in a place that was almost wholly dependent on the local base, some locals would resent us just for being there.
People would be all high and mighty because their family had been in Alberta for two generations and they would be condescending to "newcomers". Then they would start with the standard "we built this province" lecture I heard from many different people, as if before they arrived it was a barren wasteland.
I was posted in a couple of other provinces and never saw anything like it. Some places like CFB Petawawa were incredibly welcoming and really appreciated you, and the money you spent locally.

I know that most Albertans don't act this way, it's always the loudmouth assholes who get all the attention.
Kenney makes all Albertans look bad, people who have never been there think he, or Klein, are the norm.
yeah, nice story from 50 years ago, you clearly don't know much about Albertans now

Think of all the billions of dollars that Alberta made from their oil over the past forty or more years. Had their Governments invested a minuscule fraction of that into clean energy technologies they could have been real economic giants. The sooner they realize that the oil industry will end, and get on with the future, the sooner they will find happiness again and stop blaming other Canadians for their problems.

lol, yeah sure, cause could you point out one place in the world where "clean energy" produces the kind of GDP that our industry does?

are you going to quote the green's here, that count bus drivers as being "green jobs"?

it's 10% of CANADA'S GDP, oil and gas

it has jobs reliant on it in ONT, BC, SASK, still NFLD, NS, NB, hell even QUE

you also don't know what's been going on in the industry here for the past 20 yrs either, they have been investing in cleaner tech to reduce emissions

clean economic giants, lol

where are they around the world?

who's economy are they the number one industry?

OK, how many jobs after the solar panels are made?

the windmills are up?

the electric cars, which don't make up what, 1% of the cars registered?

again, facts don't support your delusions

80% of energy around the world is oil/gas/coal

and it isn't decreasing by any amount worth talking about

oil consumption increased last yr, will this yr too

green industries? sure, maybe in 50 yrs, if the tech ever gets so it is SCALED

until then, it's just a dream

if it was doable, Turdeau would have brought it in

the Greens would have won more than 3 seats

we'll be on oil and gas for at least the rest of everyone's life who's on here

delude yourself all you want

EMISSION WORLDWIDE ARE INCREASING, NOT DECREASING

FACTS

CanineCowboy

Feb 5, 2010
oil spills, sure, how many have happened?

the pipeline has been there for 50 years, tankers, what 5 a day now, have been in your Harbours for how many years, how many have spilled?

how many of the American ones that sail by your coast daily?

how many will spill when you need to start bringing in oil from another source when we stop the flow?

delusions

yeah, once again, we don't want your oil

well, just what we need, not a drop more

such environmentalists, you make Greta look like poser

and we don't need Trudeau's pittance of bribes

we can look after our own, we need him to stop stepping on our throats

for his own superficial style over substance political gain

yeah, nice story from 50 years ago, you clearly don't know much about Albertans now

lol, yeah sure, cause could you point out one place in the world where "clean energy" produces the kind of GDP that our industry does?

are you going to quote the green's here, that count bus drivers as being "green jobs"?

it's 10% of CANADA'S GDP, oil and gas

it has jobs reliant on it in ONT, BC, SASK, still NFLD, NS, NB, hell even QUE

you also don't know what's been going on in the industry here for the past 20 yrs either, they have been investing in cleaner tech to reduce emissions

clean economic giants, lol

where are they around the world?

who's economy are they the number one industry?

OK, how many jobs after the solar panels are made?

the windmills are up?

the electric cars, which don't make up what, 1% of the cars registered?

again, facts don't support your delusions

80% of energy around the world is oil/gas/coal

and it isn't decreasing by any amount worth talking about

oil consumption increased last yr, will this yr too

green industries? sure, maybe in 50 yrs, if the tech ever gets so it is SCALED

until then, it's just a dream

if it was doable, Turdeau would have brought it in

the Greens would have won more than 3 seats

we'll be on oil and gas for at least the rest of everyone's life who's on here

delude yourself all you want

EMISSION WORLDWIDE ARE INCREASING, NOT DECREASING

FACTS
Alberta is a loser province, blaming everybody else. Always the hero or victim, never the villain. Didn't you listen to the CEO of Husky Energy? Their decreased investment and subsequent layoffs in Alberta aren't due to Trudeau or the Feds, the blame rests squarely on UCP provincial policy curtailing production. How many Albertans right now are screaming at their Premier, trying to smear him, spread misinformation about him and writing the letters C-U-N-T on his office.

If there are no pipelines, it is because the Alberta government and the oil industry lacked the foresight to invest in building them when they could have. Their time ran out, no one wants pipelines any more and now they conveniently blame a government that has been in power for four years and an environmental movement that is trying to save the planet.

Unfortunately for Alberta, the tar sands projects that they are so in love with are the dirtiest, most polluting on the planet. Even with 'advances' they will always be the dirtiest - it's no conspiracy, it's fact.

I think Albertans also misunderstand that people generally don't have a problem with Alberta continuing to pump sweet crude while we transition off of oil. But start planning today because it's days are numbered and Albertans are resistant to accepting that.

Off to go support Greta and today's Climate Strike - totally stoked to be amongst inspired believers of science.

masterblaster

May 19, 2004
Alberta is a loser province, blaming everybody else. Always the hero or victim, never the villain. Didn't you listen to the CEO of Husky Energy? Their decreased investment and subsequent layoffs in Alberta aren't due to Trudeau or the Feds, the blame rests squarely on UCP provincial policy curtailing production. How many Albertans right now are screaming at their Premier, trying to smear him, spread misinformation about him and writing the letters C-U-N-T on his office.

If there are no pipelines, it is because the Alberta government and the oil industry lacked the foresight to invest in building them when they could have. Their time ran out, no one wants pipelines any more and now they conveniently blame a government that has been in power for four years and an environmental movement that is trying to save the planet.

Unfortunately for Alberta, the tar sands projects that they are so in love with are the dirtiest, most polluting on the planet. Even with 'advances' they will always be the dirtiest - it's no conspiracy, it's fact.

I think Albertans also misunderstand that people generally don't have a problem with Alberta continuing to pump sweet crude while we transition off of oil. But start planning today because it's days are numbered and Albertans are resistant to accepting that.

Off to go support Greta and today's Climate Strike - totally stoked to be amongst inspired believers of science.
Spoken like a true delusional dupe, Brain washed by the environmental radicals trying to undermine the country. People like you should be ashamed of yourself for not standing up for your country. Instead you get suckered in by people whose agenda you have no clue about. Just jump on the band wagon because it’s fashionable.

rlock

May 20, 2015

So I guess when they were hired, did they sign some contract that stated they and their relatives have to vote Conservative for the rest of their lives? Ignore science for the rest of their lives? Let their decisions about their future be decided in Calgary the rest of their lives?

You guys hired them because you needed their labour, while they were desperate and cheap. You profited from it, as much as they did, if not more.

Get this through your head: You hired labourers, you didn't buy slaves.

Spoken like a true delusional dupe, Brain washed by the environmental radicals trying to undermine the country. People like you should be ashamed of yourself for not standing up for your country.
Want to see a brainwashed dupe undermining the country? Go look in the mirror. Canada does not belong to you alone.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
If there are no pipelines, it is because the Alberta government and the oil industry lacked the foresight to invest in building them when they could have.
Harper was in power for how long? How come nobody bitches about him not building a pipeline, but Trudeau is the antichrist for not building one?

the tar sands projects that they are so in love with are the dirtiest, most polluting on the planet
But it's "Ethical Oil" LOL!

masterblaster

May 19, 2004
So I guess when they were hired, did they sign some contract that stated they and their relatives have to vote Conservative for the rest of their lives? Ignore science for the rest of their lives? Let their decisions about their future be decided in Calgary the rest of their lives?

You guys hired them because you needed their labour, while they were desperate and cheap. You profited from it, as much as they did, if not more.

Get this through your head: You hired labourers, you didn't buy slaves.

Want to see a brainwashed dupe undermining the country? Go look in the mirror. Canada does not belong to you alone.
I support my country, unlike those that parrot whatever phrases happen to be in vogue as put forth by the environmentalists doing their utmost to ensure that Canada remains subservient to US interests.

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
I support my country, unlike those that parrot whatever phrases happen to be in vogue as put forth by the environmentalists doing their utmost to ensure that Canada remains subservient to US interests.
You support your country? 65.56% of the voting public disagrees with you. Including a majority of Newfoundlanders. That's your country. Support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Madison
Vancouver Escorts