Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newfoundlanders Donít Appreciate What Alberta did forThem

Newfoundlanders Donít Appreciate What Alberta did forThem

Thousands from Newfoundland came to Alberta to work when there was no jobs in Newfoundland fog them and then vote in the liberals in their province. Do they not understand that the liberals had no hand in making Alberta prosperous enough do they could here to work? If they like the liberals so much maybe they should stay home and jig for cod. See how that works for them.

Dial down the Hurtin' Albertan rage a smidge, you're starting to get that vein popping out.

If Albertans would stop being lazy Newfies wouldn't have to do their work for them.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    If Albertans would stop being lazy Newfies wouldn't have to do their work for them.
    In case you don’t realize it at one there was more work in Alberta than could be done by albertans. Hence all the Newfoundland cod fishers showed up to take the extra jobs since there was nothing but pogey cheque’s back home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Thousands from Newfoundland came to Alberta to work when there was no jobs in Newfoundland fog them and then vote in the liberals in their province. Do they not understand that the liberals had no hand in making Alberta prosperous enough do they could here to work? If they like the liberals so much maybe they should stay home and jig for cod. See how that works for them.
    Dial down the letís feel sorry for the oil rich province. Unreal we have to clean up after a spill on the way to the cheap tanker in our harbour. 30 tankers a day. Sure you guys will be there to clean up after the bank draft has cleared

Before you cry poor, consider under Trudeau you got more $ than any Harper transfers.

http://www.formac.ca/starrspoint/201...kes-to-forget/

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Not just Newfoundlanders went to work in Alberta, people from BC, Sask, MB and Ontario. The cod industry went tits up 25+ years ago. Fishing ain't what it used to be. The fishing industry is more fucked then the oil industry. Both coasts have been overfished and other countries drag off our 200 mile limit.

donna worry as Jason isa gonna fixit wit dat dare corporate tax cut! may not save ma an pas farm but ana couple million ta investgait dat dare foreeen funds of eviromentals! no foreen funds ever funds dat oil patch so fair n square i figure! an geesh that jason sure do talk purty. got a purty mouth too!

I'm my own boss but if I were working for somebody and earning my paycheque, my boss would have no damned right to give me grief for how I voted. Or in this case how other people who came from the same province as me voted. I wouldn't owe them anything but an honest day's work. (And that's all I expect from my employees.) The guy could get over himself. So that's what I'd say to Alberta if I were a Newfoundlander.

These Albertans who are giving Newfoundlanders grief are damn well full of themselves and condescending to boot. It's not like they employed the whole damned province anyway. There might be a lot of them, but I'm not even sure there's enough of these migratory workers or whatever you call them to make a dent. (Just checked: the entire population of Ft. McMurray is something like 1/10th the population of Newfoundland. Be realistic here. It wouldn't make a difference.)

These Albertans crying over the election need to grow up.
    Last edited by clu; 10-25-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Labour shortage in NL, 65,000 by 2025

Help wanted: Immigrants will play a vital role in Newfoundland and Labradorís future prosperity

https://www.thetelegram.com/more/bus...perity-351970/

Hating outsiders and blaming them for everything is an Alberta tradition. Ralph Klein made it big with his "Eastern creeps and bums" routine. Alberta is the most xenophobic place I have ever seen. When I was in the army in the 70s and posted there it was just the same.
    Even in a place that was almost wholly dependent on the local base, some locals would resent us just for being there.
    People would be all high and mighty because their family had been in Alberta for two generations and they would be condescending to "newcomers". Then they would start with the standard "we built this province" lecture I heard from many different people, as if before they arrived it was a barren wasteland.
    I was posted in a couple of other provinces and never saw anything like it. Some places like CFB Petawawa were incredibly welcoming and really appreciated you, and the money you spent locally.

I know that most Albertans don't act this way, it's always the loudmouth assholes who get all the attention.
    Kenney makes all Albertans look bad, people who have never been there think he, or Klein, are the norm.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

SP Aficionado
    Think of all the billions of dollars that Alberta made from their oil over the past forty or more years. Had their Governments invested a minuscule fraction of that into clean energy technologies they could have been real economic giants. The sooner they realize that the oil industry will end, and get on with the future, the sooner they will find happiness again and stop blaming other Canadians for their problems.

And no particular politicians/parties made Alberta rich, just the oil itself.

Quote Originally Posted by clu View Post
    I'm my own boss but if I were working for somebody and earning my paycheque, my boss would have no damned right to give me grief for how I voted. Or in this case how other people who came from the same province as me voted. I wouldn't owe them anything but an honest day's work. (And that's all I expect from my employees.) The guy could get over himself. So that's what I'd say to Alberta if I were a Newfoundlander.

These Albertans who are giving Newfoundlanders grief are damn well full of themselves and condescending to boot. It's not like they employed the whole damned province anyway. There might be a lot of them, but I'm not even sure there's enough of these migratory workers or whatever you call them to make a dent. (Just checked: the entire population of Ft. McMurray is something like 1/10th the population of Newfoundland. Be realistic here. It wouldn't make a difference.)

These Albertans crying over the election need to grow up.

I agree with your points. To add to them, I agree that the right to vote in a democratic country should be that persons right and not to be influenced or pushed by anyone, employer included.

With that said, I find a lot of employees vote with an employee mentality without understanding that what’s good for companies can have a better positive effect for employees as well. Case in point, I hired 8 and moved 20 six-figure jobs out of Canada this last year. I didn’t like doing it but even the Canadians I hired to work, were happy to take a pay cut because the country they’re in charges virtually no tax.

I’m not an Alberta fanboy by any means but I think they’re just extremely frustrated with the potential of what they could be doing vs sitting on their hands. There was talk years ago about BC and Albert breaking apart. If Albertans really hate Canada so much then stop being a victim and move out.

I’m constantly dealing with bullshit in this country, that’s life. I’m honest about my issues but I spend more time doing something about it rather than bitching. I find it gets better results.

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    Dial down the let’s feel sorry for the oil rich province. Unreal we have to clean up after a spill on the way to the cheap tanker in our harbour. 30 tankers a day. Sure you guys will be there to clean up after the bank draft has cleared

Before you cry poor, consider under Trudeau you got more $ than any Harper transfers.

http://www.formac.ca/starrspoint/201...kes-to-forget/

oil spills, sure, how many have happened?

the pipeline has been there for 50 years, tankers, what 5 a day now, have been in your Harbours for how many years, how many have spilled?

how many of the American ones that sail by your coast daily?

how many will spill when you need to start bringing in oil from another source when we stop the flow?

delusions

yeah, once again, we don't want your oil

well, just what we need, not a drop more

such environmentalists, you make Greta look like poser

and we don't need Trudeau's pittance of bribes

we can look after our own, we need him to stop stepping on our throats

for his own superficial style over substance political gain

Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    Hating outsiders and blaming them for everything is an Alberta tradition. Ralph Klein made it big with his "Eastern creeps and bums" routine. Alberta is the most xenophobic place I have ever seen. When I was in the army in the 70s and posted there it was just the same.
    Even in a place that was almost wholly dependent on the local base, some locals would resent us just for being there.
    People would be all high and mighty because their family had been in Alberta for two generations and they would be condescending to "newcomers". Then they would start with the standard "we built this province" lecture I heard from many different people, as if before they arrived it was a barren wasteland.
    I was posted in a couple of other provinces and never saw anything like it. Some places like CFB Petawawa were incredibly welcoming and really appreciated you, and the money you spent locally.

I know that most Albertans don't act this way, it's always the loudmouth assholes who get all the attention.
    Kenney makes all Albertans look bad, people who have never been there think he, or Klein, are the norm.
    yeah, nice story from 50 years ago, you clearly don't know much about Albertans now

Quote Originally Posted by PierreCoeur View Post
    Think of all the billions of dollars that Alberta made from their oil over the past forty or more years. Had their Governments invested a minuscule fraction of that into clean energy technologies they could have been real economic giants. The sooner they realize that the oil industry will end, and get on with the future, the sooner they will find happiness again and stop blaming other Canadians for their problems.

lol, yeah sure, cause could you point out one place in the world where "clean energy" produces the kind of GDP that our industry does?

are you going to quote the green's here, that count bus drivers as being "green jobs"?

it's 10% of CANADA'S GDP, oil and gas

it has jobs reliant on it in ONT, BC, SASK, still NFLD, NS, NB, hell even QUE

you also don't know what's been going on in the industry here for the past 20 yrs either, they have been investing in cleaner tech to reduce emissions

clean economic giants, lol

where are they around the world?

who's economy are they the number one industry?

OK, how many jobs after the solar panels are made?

the windmills are up?

the electric cars, which don't make up what, 1% of the cars registered?

again, facts don't support your delusions

80% of energy around the world is oil/gas/coal

and it isn't decreasing by any amount worth talking about

oil consumption increased last yr, will this yr too

green industries? sure, maybe in 50 yrs, if the tech ever gets so it is SCALED

until then, it's just a dream

if it was doable, Turdeau would have brought it in

the Greens would have won more than 3 seats

we'll be on oil and gas for at least the rest of everyone's life who's on here

delude yourself all you want

EMISSION WORLDWIDE ARE INCREASING, NOT DECREASING

FACTS

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    And no particular politicians/parties made Alberta rich, just the oil itself.
    The liberals never did anything to help the Alberta economy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast