Thread: Kaillie Humphries - a nut case ???

Kaillie Humphries - a nut case ???

Read the following article and decide for yourself:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ourt-1.5285260

I must admit I found her at the very least a bit pecular even before all this shit came down the pipe.

JD

This has “mental illness “ all over it.
    Not gonna end well for anybody
    Amor Vincit Omnia

Short answer - yes!!

Depends on if she wins her 45 million dollar lawsuit.

If she is Canadian, how can she play for the US?

Filing lawsuits might scare off the USOC.
    Especially after their disaster with their women's gymnastics program and their pervert doctor.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    Filing lawsuits might scare off the USOC.
    Especially after their disaster with their women's gymnastics program and their pervert doctor.
    You have to think that the lawsuits and just generally strange behaviiour on her part would DEFINITELY scare off the USOC. Also her sponsers and any teammates she would need on the sled. And then there is the likelihood that she is past her prime athletically, so would she even make the US team in a try out?

I suspect that the treatment she is complaining about that she received from her Canadian coach was something like "work harder or you will not make the team". So instead of working harder she pouts and trys to switch teams instead.

JD

It is hard for anyone to accept that they are not as good as they once were.
    Imagine how hard it must be for an Olympic athlete, whose entire existence revolves around being an athlete. They train and diet constantly all year.
    Plus their status is constantly under threat from younger, fitter, healthier rivals.
    I think she got cut and couldn't deal with it mentally.

I just heard that she was released by the Canadian Olympic committee. I suspect they know she has very little chance of actually making the US team (and thereby competing against Canada in the next winter Olympics) and for legal reasons they decided it was safer to let her go rather than give Humphries ammunition for another lawsuit. The deadline to let her go so that she could compete for the US team was just 4 days from now.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JimDandy View Post
    I just heard that she was released by the Canadian Olympic committee. I suspect they know she has very little chance of actually making the US team (and thereby competing against Canada in the next winter Olympics) and for legal reasons they decided it was safer to let her go rather than give Humphries ammunition for another lawsuit. The deadline to let her go so that she could compete for the US team was just 4 days from now.

JD
    She got what she wanted in the end.She is free to try out for team USA,whether she makes the team is another matter.

SR

Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    Depends on if she wins her 45 million dollar lawsuit.

If she is Canadian, how can she play for the US?
    She lives in CA and is married to an American.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Always
    She sounds like a nut, and I am glad that she is gone. Maybe she can buy a house nearby to Pelosi or Clinton, and they can swap stories on insanity.
    Follow your dreams, because nobody else will do it for you!

American Citizenship. So if you marry an American you can become an American Citizen?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    American Citizenship. So if you marry an American you can become an American Citizen?
    I guess technically she's a dual citizen, so she is jumping ship to join team USA.

Well it looks like she got her way and is now part of US team.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...safe-1.5370101

Frankly, I'm surprised that they took her on. Let's see how she does in the upcoming 2022 winter olympics in China. The way relations have been going between China and US, don't be surprised if the US boycotts the event. Of course by then, if the American people collectively have any brains at all, Trump will be ancient history and relations between US and China may well be much improved.

JD

Olympic athletes have a limited shelf life, she is 34 and the next Olympics are in 2022.
    It wil be very hard for her to stay competitive.