Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ric Ocasek of the Cars RIP

Blog Entries

Ric Ocasek of the Cars RIP

How many times I lusted after My Best Friendís Girl

R I P Ric

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Beverly Hills. In the Kitchen eatin' vittles.
    Was never a fan of the band but my hats off to him for getting to boink Paulina Porizkova all those years.
    Y'all come back now,
    Y'hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro Bodine View Post
    Was never a fan of the band but my hats off to him for getting to boink Paulina Porizkova all those years.
    He gave hope to fugly guys everywhere (including me).

Heard about this on the radio this morning.At 75 that is not very old really.No cause of death so far so this is far from played out....he was not murdered though.

Always liked the tune "you might think I'm crazy"

SR

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro Bodine View Post
    One of the bands made famous with the introduction of MTV. Would they have been as famous by FM radio?

Still, catchy tunes that I enjoy on a couple of Road playlists.

Some type of heart condition apparently.He was discovered by his estranged wife.Good to at least know he was not a drug addict like Tom Petty.

SR

Great band the Cars were. A lot of stars / celebrities as of late are leaving this planet!! And yet Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Alice Cooper and Ozzy -- just to name a few--- who really abused their bodies over the years, are still among us. And rocking too, I might add lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Equity Market investor View Post
    Great band the Cars were. A lot of stars / celebrities as of late are leaving this planet!! And yet Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Alice Cooper and Ozzy -- just to name a few--- who really abused their bodies over the years, are still among us. And rocking too, I might add lol .
    Quite true but I have to follow up a thread I posted some time back.Given the names you have posted of some pretty hard living rockstars.Who is going to the last Beatle standing?Will it be Mcartney or ringo(though properly known as Richard Starky)?????????

I say Richard Starky.

SR

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    One of the bands made famous with the introduction of MTV. Would they have been as famous by FM radio?

Still, catchy tunes that I enjoy on a couple of Road playlists.
    That's not really fair:

"Just What I Needed", "Best Friend's Girl", "Good Times Roll", "Moving in Stereo" were released in 1978. "Let's Go" was 1979. MTV didn't exist until 1981.

"You Might Think" won video of the year in 1984, but they were already a thing before there was an MTV and that was from their third album. Personally, I remember already knowing who they were when that song/video/album came out.

Now if you said Duran Duran owed a large part of their success to MTV, I'd totally agree. Still I have a soft spot for Duran Duran, what with them being named after a sex crazed mad scientist in the cheesy Jane Fonda film Barbarella.
    Last edited by clu; 09-17-2019 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Added Duran Duran thought

Gent Who Has Your Back

CR or Gold digger ??

If the lady stayed !!

Not worth the boink

VT

Quote Originally Posted by Uncled View Post
    He gave hope to fugly guys everywhere (including me).
    nope
    this zeek got all the chicks with his money and rock star game a la jagger and richards. they work at denny’s lucky to have any girl talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Equity Market investor View Post
    Sad to see him go along with Eddie Money , kinda makes you think that when its your time,its your time.Compared to Ozzy and Richards they were squaky clean yet they're gone
    yesterdays got nothing for me
    pictures that ill always see
    I aint got time to reminisce on novelties

The Cars were so creative..Ahead of their time..
    One of the most underrated bands ever..

One of the greatest ever. RIP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by storm rider View Post
    Some type of heart condition apparently.He was discovered by his estranged wife.Good to at least know he was not a drug addict like Tom Petty.

SR
    Tom Petty died from an accidental drug overdose of prescription drugs. The number of ailments he had yet still continued touring 53 dates is quite amazing. He was advised his hip was fully broken and took painkillers which led to his death.

One should realize this was not a recreational use of painkillers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8169421.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast