Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll finds 90% of Canadians have fallen for fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post
    Society is actually getting smarter. I know, hard to believe, it was an eyebrow raiser for me when I first learned about it... Look up the Flynn Effect.
    The Flynn effect has been reversing since the 1990s. We are actually getting dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerix View Post
    The Flynn effect has been reversing since the 1990s. We are actually getting dumber.
    That's my take too, especially given the fact so many people are duped by "fake" news and clickbait headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathans View Post
    That's my take too, especially given the fact so many people are duped by "fake" news and clickbait headlines.
    Even the weather reporters will fake their news up. There are all sorts of videos of weatherman pretending to get blown around and then people walk by in shorts or with their dogs unaffected. Anderson Cooper has one where he deliberately stands in a ditch to make flood waters look deeper than they really are. If you look at the shot surrounding it, you'll see people barely ankle deep.

There is so much fake news out there and the MSM is brutal for it. They have very little interest in the truth. They are very very dishonest people. I've dealt with the media quite a bit and I think most of them are scumbags. I think the industry is loaded with sociopaths.

Poll is fake, LOL. Don't believe everything you read folks.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...-news-is-fake/

Common sense is not very common.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
    Even the weather reporters will fake their news up. There are all sorts of videos of weatherman pretending to get blown around and then people walk by in shorts or with their dogs unaffected. Anderson Cooper has one where he deliberately stands in a ditch to make flood waters look deeper than they really are. If you look at the shot surrounding it, you'll see people barely ankle deep.
    Would you happen to know of some links to where ANderson cooper is doing that or where people get blown around and
    then others walk by with dogs unaffected? Would love to see those man. Just for laughs!!

That would be fun to see and thanks.
    ...Negativity destroys form and function. Or as we say in the arts,
    tension not only destroys quickness and movement but sensitivity as well...

Quote Originally Posted by zippy45 View Post
    Common sense is not very common.
    And it varies from person to person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12