Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What your real estate guy dosen't want you to know

What your real estate guy dosen't want you to know

Are there certain things you feel that your real estate agent is leaving out? Have you asked a question, and got a vague answer?

Did the owner mislead the realtor? Undisclosed additions? New drywall to cover up basement walls? Is the house sinking?

Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    Are there certain things you feel that your real estate agent is leaving out? Have you asked a question, and got a vague answer?

Did the owner mislead the realtor? Undisclosed additions? New drywall to cover up basement walls? Is the house sinking?
    Caveat emptor

A good home inspection and trip to city hall will unlock most secrets. Do you own due diligence

Run the address through a search engine,see if the house has,"a past".

Engelbert Humperdink

Industry is self serving.

Want real advise? Pay regardless if a sale is made and watch objectivity magically appear.

Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    Are there certain things you feel that your real estate agent is leaving out?
    First house I bought I was naive and trusted the home inspector that the Realtor recommended.

The inspector missed a lot of problems...never did that again.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

what they don't want you to hear is that they're useless... in fact, they're worse than useless. they are in it for volume of sales and nothing else. a few hundred G's in sale price makes little difference to them on their commission so its volume only. sellers should sell their place at whatever price means that its sold within the hour. buyers should purchase the first place that they're shown within the hour. thats all the business is.

Beverly Hills. In the Kitchen eatin' vittles.
    Real estate agents are weasels.
    They pretend to be on your side whether you are selling or buying but in the end they are solely focused on having you buy or sell as fast as possible and moving on to their next client.
    I bought my first home and sold it using an agent.
    Since then I have bought and sold 6 homes on my own and never regretted it.
    Do a google search on the current owners/buyers and the address (if you are buying).
    Find a good home inspector and a good real estate lawyer and you'll be just fine.

*The reason I say to do a Google search (or Court Registry search) on owners or buyers is you may occasionally find they are someone you don't want to do any kind of deal with. A friend of mine did this and avoided selling to a guy who was professional sue-er (I know its not a real word). Turns out this guy has a long history of filing law suits, most of them frivolous against anyone and everyone he can. The guy is quite well off, doesn't work and guess he gets his thrills suing people and representing himself in court. Even when he doesn't win, it still costs the defendant time and or money to deal with. My friend was very happy he did this and dodged that bullet.
    Y'all come back now,
    Y'hear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro Bodine View Post
    They pretend to be on your side whether you are selling or buying but in the end they are solely focused on having you buy or sell as fast as possible and moving on to their next client.
    Do a google search on the current owners/buyers and the address (if you are buying).
    Find a good home inspector and a good real estate lawyer and you'll be just fine.

*The reason I say to do a Google search (or Court Registry search) on owners or buyers is you may occasionally find they are someone you don't want to do any kind of deal with. A friend of mine did this and avoided selling to a guy who was professional sue-er (I know its not a real word). Turns out this guy has a long history of filing law suits, most of them frivolous against anyone and everyone he can. The guy is quite well off, doesn't work and guess he gets his thrills suing people and representing himself in court. Even when he doesn't win, it still costs the defendant time and or money to deal with. My friend was very happy he did this and dodged that bullet.
    All weasels are weasels. All real estate agents are real estate agents. If one real estate agent is a weasel, does that mean all real estate agents are weasels? If all criminals are criminals and all black people are black people, what would you say about all black people if you once had a run in with one black criminal? Food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by appleomac View Post
    All weasels are weasels. All real estate agents are real estate agents. If one real estate agent is a weasel, does that mean all real estate agents are weasels? If all criminals are criminals and all black people are black people, what would you say about all black people if you once had a run in with one black criminal? Food for thought!
    I know several real estate agents. Many I would trust with my house; some not with my dog's house. In all my land purchases, I've never used an agent. Commissions would be stupid high and the agent doesn't bring anything to the negotiations.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Beverly Hills. In the Kitchen eatin' vittles.
    Quote Originally Posted by appleomac View Post
    All the real estate agents I've ever known were weasels.
    Y'all come back now,
    Y'hear?

If the commission you are going to pay to a agent is over 40k it would be good to DIY your own home. Think of how many hours of work you have to do to save 40k or more in your bank acct. The internet stretches the truth on how hard it is to save money. On forums people brag about money they dont have. You see people clipping coupons to save a buck here or there but to save on home commissions most won't bother. I wonder why that is.

Real Estate agents have a place just not sure it is for the average customer that is going to make one or two purchases in their lifetime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro Bodine View Post

Only time I EVER heard my grandmother utter a profanity was when I lived in the UK and I was stuck into the Youth Training Scheme.Was at the office and my grandmother came along as she was familiar with government dealings and the like when discussing the details and suggestions the guy said "well I could get him into an Estate Agents office and my grandmother just plain SNAPPED.She literally yelled "my grandson is not going to be a FUCKING Estate Agent.

That stuck with me.....I consider real estate agents as even lower than politicians with regards to trust and how they fuck people over by omitting details etc.

My grandmother suffered through the hardship in Britain during WW2 and she was so conditioned to "rationing" that on the few times she went on a camper holiday with my dad when I had to clean out the camper I encountered a whole drawer filled with sugar packets/peanut butter tubs and jam tubs from places like Husky truck stops because she just could not help herself......I will say she amassed a pretty signifigant portion of wealth through buying and selling houses.

SR

I saw a agents sign on a lawn today. He was all duded out in a tux. My thoughts were if I was ever to need a real estate agent, it wouldn't be some guy in a tux. I want someone who is going to get down and dirty...or a really hot lady.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast