Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as a type of girl you'd bang vs girl you'd marry?

Quote Originally Posted by clementinexoxo View Post
    I mean Ohi's comment about the "three kinds of girls"
    I think I already covered my opinion when I talked sarcastically about the kinds of men I'd date/marry lol
    Alright. Let's back it up. If you go back to OP's post his friend put women into different types (i.e. the girl you enjoy sleeping with isn't going to the same type of girl you'd want to marry). And this friend is a woman lol. If you could take her advice in context, then please take my comment in context as well.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my post. Of course I'm not saying every man will literally only have these 3 women in his life. All I was trying say was unfortunately, sometimes you can't have it all. And if I'm reading OP's post correctly, his friend is saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    People I'd marry = A
    People I'd bang = B
    A ⊆ B
    Ideally, I'd like to have my cake and fuck it too. Wait, how do idioms work?
    Like American Pie all over again... :P

Why can't we just dream up the perfect mate and it happens. We are in the future right! damn robots.

why isn't the girl you're sleeping with going to be the one you want to marry though? why? like can we really examine this?
    also do or do not, there is no try

Quote Originally Posted by 0hi View Post
    Alright. Let's back it up. If you go back to OP's post his friend put women into different types (i.e. the girl you enjoy sleeping with isn't going to the same type of girl you'd want to marry). And this friend is a woman lol. If you could take her advice in context, then please take my comment in context as well.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my post. Of course I'm not saying every man will literally only have these 3 women in his life. All I was trying say was unfortunately, sometimes you can't have it all. And if I'm reading OP's post correctly, his friend is saying the same thing.

In general: looks, personality, bedroom skills, pick two.

There are exceptions but not the norm.

why are these the only three things you're looking at in a partner though lol

Quote Originally Posted by nightswhisper View Post
    In general: looks, personality, bedroom skills, pick two.

There are exceptions but not the norm.

why isn't the girl you're sleeping with going to be the one you want to marry though? why? like can we really examine this?
    also do or do not, there is no try
    I agree with Clem on this one as it has me a bit perplexed.
    In my personal experience, I don't recall many times where I've ended up in a relationship with a woman without her being someone who I had slept with prior to entering into that relationship...I guess there was that one time in junior high where I asked that girl to go steady, but from that point sex has always been a part of the decision to start a relationship.

I just think if you are seriously asking this question....you're better off not married. Sexual satisfaction is an integral part in any of my healthy romantic relationships...including what I would consider "wife" material. Just understand that nobody is 100% on ALL the time....but if your partner isn't sexually adventurous enough for you and has no intentions of becoming so (p.s. you're not going to change them if they aren't), then don't marry them. Find somebody with a similar basic life philosophy as you....including views on sex...and I believe you can be monogomous and happy. Also I should point out..my idea of a wife is a partner in life.....not a subservient home maker.

why are these the only three things you're looking at in a partner though lol
    Name something not included in those three criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by nightswhisper View Post
    Name something not included in those three criteria.
    One could argue that intelligence, for example, is something distinct from personality. But it would easily break down in a sea of semantics and possible citations of dictionary.com where you would both conclude you're right because one was using definition 1 and the other definition 3.

But suffice to say you already said there were exceptions. So you're actually arguing about the "norm" not whether those three absolutely cover it.

Edit to add: however, if you're using such a broad definition of personality, then bedroom skills would also qualify as personality, so you've only stated two criteria.

I have been married three times,for two years, ten years and twenty (I got better at it as time went by). I would still consider marriage again, but only with someone I truly enjoyed sex with and so much more. One of my wives was very vanilla (I am not) and so , much as I loved her, it was doomed from the beginning. I would not make that mistake again, though I did gain an excellent friend.

I've worked my way through the alphabet and I haven't found the right lady yet. But that's my problem.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    I've worked my way through the alphabet and I haven't found the right lady yet. But that's my problem.
    What did you do when you reached the letter "Q"....

So ,I'd have to assume you've met Quasimodo from Vernon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by clu View Post
    One could argue that intelligence, for example, is something distinct from personality. But it would easily break down in a sea of semantics and possible citations of dictionary.com where you would both conclude you're right because one was using definition 1 and the other definition 3.

But suffice to say you already said there were exceptions. So you're actually arguing about the "norm" not whether those three absolutely cover it.

Edit to add: however, if you're using such a broad definition of personality, then bedroom skills would also qualify as personality, so you've only stated two criteria.
    1. What do you care about more: that the girl can recite the entire dictionary, or that she is interesting enough thereby you can have a conversation with her? Many highly intelligent individual lack social skills and come across as being distant and aloof. The average individual cares about how intelligence is presented, not what it's actual factor is.

2. This entire conversation right now is about bedroom skills being separate from personality. Almost every participant has made a clear distinction. Looks is material. Personality is emotional. Sexual prowess is physiological.

But yes. There are exceptions. But exceptions are not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by sybian View Post
    What did you do when you reached the letter "Q"....

So ,I'd have to assume you've met Quasimodo from Vernon as well?
    I feel it is in my best interest not to answer that, other than to say I've been to Vernon many times.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast