Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know I'm a Royal pain in the ass but......

Quote Originally Posted by sybian View Post
    Yup....and my electric calf warmer is a Godsend......made myself a new calf sled this summer with a seatbelt as well.
    I've only been run over by an overprotective mom twice....so it's going good this year.
    I've been rolled under and bounced over a few fences. Sometimes the way out you thought you had, isn't.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    I've been rolled under and bounced over a few fences. Sometimes the way out you thought you had, isn't.
    Both times I used my head as a shield to protect myself..........so no harm done.

Laid-back User
    Both times I used my head as a shield to protect myself..........so no harm done.
    I'm assuming you mean the one at the end of your neck, not the other one....

Quote Originally Posted by nmo_tallguy View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the one at the end of your neck, not the other one....
    Yup....I tend to protect the important parts, and sacrifice the previously damaged.

Laid-back User
    Good plan!!

The Wolves have started.....so what little sleep I was getting, is a distant memory.
    It's nights like these, I wish I had a "normal" occupation.

The Wolves have started.....so what little sleep I was getting, is a distant memory.
    NORMAL is only a setting on a dryer sybian
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
    NORMAL is only a setting on a dryer sybian
    What Lo-ki said. Every time I get weary of the vagaries of being self-employed I realize how damned boring a 9-5 job would be. Besides I'm pretty much unemployable because I can't tolerate workplace politics.

However, calving season and wolf predation all at the same time would be hard. I don't have packs of big hairy carnivores circling my office, wanting to steal my work product.
    “The problem with some men is that when they aren’t drunk, they’re sober” — William Butler Yeats

Satisfaction Provider
    Blog Entries
    You mean because their howling keeps you awake, or because they are trying to snack on newborns or placentas...

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Erica Phoenix View Post
    You mean because their howling keeps you awake, or because they are trying to snack on newborns or placentas...
    Are you familiar with what happens to placentas?
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Satisfaction Provider
    Blog Entries
    Are you familiar with what happens to placentas?
    Yes. I have a uterus. I taught 5th grade science, & back when Grandma & Grandpa had a farm, they always had milk cows. We named the cows, but never the calves. I am not some city kid.

But I assume that even though the mother licks the calf clean & eats the placenta, there would still be a scent in the air that the wolves might catch, & they might move in on an isolated cow that's struggling,...

(Cue the intro to "Circle of Life: Cowboy Version")

Yes. I have a uterus. I taught 5th grade science, & back when Grandma & Grandpa had a farm, they always had milk cows. We named the cows, but never the calves. I am not some city kid.

But I assume that even though the mother licks the calf clean & eats the placenta, there would still be a scent in the air that the wolves might catch, & they might move in on an isolated cow that's struggling,...

(Cue the intro to "Circle of Life: Cowboy Version")

Suspicions confirmed. I like you more.

Satisfaction Provider
    Blog Entries
    Suspicions confirmed. I like you more.
    In the immortal words of Judy Holliday "Mutual, I'm sure!"

All of the above....but Sam Colt evens the odds.
    I like to hear them, but not see them...I've had a few losses last night, they are just being Wolves, but I cannot show them mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    What Lo-ki said. Every time I get weary of the vagaries of being self-employed I realize how damned boring a 9-5 job would be. Besides I'm pretty much unemployable because I can't tolerate workplace politics.

However, calving season and wolf predation all at the same time would be hard. I don't have packs of big hairy carnivores circling my office, wanting to steal my work product.
    I know ,I know.......Employers don't take it well when you punch them in the face.
    I could never work a regular, "dryer setting" job, I'd go batshit crazy in a week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12