Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: When a provider asked you your ethnicity

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CA/USA/UK
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    4

    Question When a provider asked you your ethnicity

    Do you tell the truth?I don't discriminate but tonight I encounter something ..Yes I do ask for age and ethnicity as it does give me a better picture of who I will be with .Until today everyone been very upfront specific while it's not what make me to decline someone lying about it doesn't make a good first impression.
    Now if someone reply saying Asian I do expect someone Asian .South west Asian while the term is correct h e very different look and mostly refer to East Indian ..etc.To this day I had people told me persian black africain Jamaican east of Europe or specific country or others been specific of their roots but mentioning born in Canada but from.I had guys refer to term I'm not so comfortable to use as brown guy.I do know that some ladies refuse to see black or "brown" guy.I can only imagine how they would react to someone saying Asian but clearly from east India or Pakistan .Of course the situation turn & they were retaliation on his part saying I lied.All that because I told that with his answer while this Asia was extremely misleading and may get him in problems or rejection.
    I'm curious on your thoughts on it.Never decline an ethnicity however yes I did with age

  2. #2
    Its very deceitful to try and get around the ethnicity question by vaguely saying I'm Asian. When saying you are asian, you usually mean east asian, like Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc. If you are straight up Persian or Indian, and try to use the technically its asia, then they are trying to use semantics to dodge the inquiry.

    Its like saying technically all the guys who are busted on To Catch a Predator are not pedophiles, technically they are hebophiles. Either way you know what they are trying to say.

    If the client lies, just turn them away. You don't have to date any specific race if you don't want to, you don't have to see them as a client either.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    6,021
    Quote Originally Posted by jamasianman View Post
    If the client lies, just turn them away. You don't have to date any specific race if you don't want to, you don't have to see them as a client either.
    I agree.
    Why lie, if I meet her she is obviously going to be annoyed at me for lying.
    Be honest, don't try to trick a lady so you can feel clever or superior.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    1,206
    Its such a shame this is still an issue for some people.

  5. #5
    curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    right here and now
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydepth View Post
    Its such a shame this is still an issue for some people.
    Pretty vague comment.
    Directed at...VJ or another SP asking ethnicity? A client dodging the question with semantics? People in general stating an ethnical preference? Declining a session based on ethnicity?
    Help us out here.
    "Hungry? Here- pig out on knuckle sandwiches!" Reid Fleming- World's Toughest Milkman.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    9,474
    Blog Entries
    18
    I've seen Indians state they are Asian or South Asian origin. I never wondered why since India is part of the Asian Continent.

    List of all countries and regions in Asia:

    Afghanistan
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Bahrain
    Bangladesh
    Bhutan
    Brunei
    Burma
    Cambodia
    China
    Cyprus
    Georgia
    Hong Kong
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq


    Israel
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kazakhstan
    Korea, North
    Korea, South
    Kuwait
    Kyrgyzstan
    Laos
    Lebanon
    Macau
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mongolia
    Nepal
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Palestine
    Philippines
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Singapore
    Sri Lanka
    Syria
    Taiwan
    Tajikistan
    Thailand
    Turkey
    Turkmenistan
    United Arab Emirates
    Uzbekistan
    Vietnam
    Yemen


    I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

    Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

    https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc





  7. #7
    What is the point in lying? You think the lady won't find out at the knock from the door the peep-hole or the camera from the building entrance if it does not meet her criteria?

    Myself.....no point in lying as I'm straight up -- an open book. Not worth it.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CA/USA/UK
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    4
    Yes badbadboy that was his excuse India been part of Asia i know my geography but in the context his answer was to avoid any rejection if I did have issue with his
    Ethnicity which he purposely mislead like lick the pussy said to not expect me seeing a difference between Chinese and someone from Pakistan in person ?
    How many time you will hear someone from Tunisia from Morocco saying they are African ?Not so much even though they are part of the continent of Africa .
    They are ladies that refuse black &brown by his answer she would have book and waste that appointment because he wasn't completely honest & purposely leading that person to believe he was Korean Chinese Japanese etc because it is the most popular common term attributed.Especially in this industry
    Similar to someone that is black born and raise in Germany that would say he is European.Sure he is.Would you not think that the lady that refuse to see black would be upset that he omit his skin color..Why not been straight up and says I'm black born and raise in Germany so she could decide herself if it's something she is okay
    Look at leolist

    Have you seen many ladies with East Indian background advertise in Asian section?
    I see all ethnicity but this got me tick as his answer intent to mislead to not get refuse ..

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CA/USA/UK
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcanz View Post
    Pretty vague comment.
    Directed at...VJ or another SP asking ethnicity? A client dodging the question with semantics? People in general stating an ethnical preference? Declining a session based on ethnicity?
    Help us out here.

    To answer your question for me I start asking as different ethnicity may have difference cultural customs &with age combine it my reflect a session that may go in a different direction.Im way more apprehensive to meet a young 20 y black male than a 45 years old one.Doesnt mean I will decline but I will ask reference .For me it help me to if I can profile a bit the person with his type of appointment request
    To this day I never decline someone solo base on his ethnicity .At most cases it's been the attitude of the person
    Some ladies ask that question because she may have issues bad past experiences with that ethnicity.Others might be because they date someone from that particular ethnicity and at time if you want stay anonymous as it's smaller communities it might be an issue.Some others have issues with cultural difference that this ethnicity may have.Personal preference .
    Again i don't decline base on that I know some ladies do base on ethnicity at time they even have that restrictions but some guys decide to ignore.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    9,474
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaJolie View Post
    Yes badbadboy that was his excuse India been part of Asia i know my geography but in the context his answer was to avoid any rejection if I did have issue with his
    Ethnicity which he purposely mislead like lick the pussy said to not expect me seeing a difference between Chinese and someone from Pakistan in person ?
    How many time you will hear someone from Tunisia from Morocco saying they are African ?Not so much even though they are part of the continent of Africa .
    They are ladies that refuse black &brown by his answer she would have book and waste that appointment because he wasn't completely honest & purposely leading that person to believe he was Korean Chinese Japanese etc because it is the most popular common term attributed.Especially in this industry
    Similar to someone that is black born and raise in Germany that would say he is European.Sure he is.Would you not think that the lady that refuse to see black would be upset that he omit his skin color..Why not been straight up and says I'm black born and raise in Germany so she could decide herself if it's something she is okay
    Look at leolist

    Have you seen many ladies with East Indian background advertise in Asian section?
    I see all ethnicity but this got me tick as his answer intent to mislead to not get refuse ..
    I see your point it is misleading. Just stating what I've witnessed for ethnicity.

    He may have stated he is Indian to other providers and was declined a date. Who knows the reason but factually he is correct about the Continent but wasn't up front about the Country.

    I note on Leo some Asians are ticking the Mixed, Caucasian boxes and show up in searches I've made. Leo list is a whole different thread and I call it Backpage 2.0.


    I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

    Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

    https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc





  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Traveling
    Posts
    399
    I dont mind being asked. No reason to lie cause if you do you might get blacklisted with that group or around the provider network. Agencies and girls share info on people they wont see and lots of the providers in Canada and the US are asking more and more for references. Ive had some providers tell me that they have had bad experiences with people of certain backgrounds or races so they avoid. I was in an area in the states where a few people from a race robbed a provider so their entire network blacklisted that race. One provider told me she stopped seeing a certain races because they were too "big", lol. I then asked why doesnt she post she'll only see dudes with a small penis then she said "well thats why your here", lol..........

    At the end of the day its really their preference. They sell their experience with whoever they want. Its not like a Starbucks, Timmys or some National chain that will get protested. I get that now a days you dont want to get denied because of race but whatever the reason is, its also the providers choice.

  12. #12
    curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    right here and now
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaJolie View Post
    To answer your question for me I start asking as different ethnicity may have difference cultural customs &with age combine it my reflect a session that may go in a different direction.Im way more apprehensive to meet a young 20 y black male than a 45 years old one.Doesnt mean I will decline but I will ask reference .For me it help me to if I can profile a bit the person with his type of appointment request
    To this day I never decline someone solo base on his ethnicity .At most cases it's been the attitude of the person
    Some ladies ask that question because she may have issues bad past experiences with that ethnicity.Others might be because they date someone from that particular ethnicity and at time if you want stay anonymous as it's smaller communities it might be an issue.Some others have issues with cultural difference that this ethnicity may have.Personal preference .
    Again i don't decline base on that I know some ladies do base on ethnicity at time they even have that restrictions but some guys decide to ignore.
    Thanks Vickie- you've always been open and honest in your dialogue with me, and I understand where you are coming from.
    And you were pretty clear in your OP as far as I'm concerned. Bisous mon cheri…
    My question was asked to that other Winnipeg boy johnnydepth because his comment could be taken several different ways.
    "Hungry? Here- pig out on knuckle sandwiches!" Reid Fleming- World's Toughest Milkman.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,009
    Men coming from cultures that treat women like shit are usually the clients escorts want to avoid. Whether the bad attitude comes from the culture or the man learned it from his environment.

    Escorts can and do have restrictions, usually based on personal preference (like anal or size for anal etc) or bad situations they have encountered.

    Western culture looks at Asian as being Japanese, Chinese or Korean. Although Indian should be included in Asian, our western cultural heritage have named them Indian etc. (I don't know why).

    An Indian calling himself Asian is correct. But to our western culture he is lying... You see it might be our western culture's misconception. We (western) could have labelled it wrong, because we forgot to ask how they (other culture) see themselves.

    I typically think an Egyptian is lightly skinned colour, but if a black man were to say he was Egyptian, I would think he is lying, when he is correct.

    Another thing is if a person from Ghana (is black) and says he is from Africa, we think nothing of it because we think all Africans are black.... not so.... misconceptions. Also the guy from Ghana tells you he is African, because he damn well knows we don't know where Ghana is, but Africa we do. We know the continents better than the countries. Mostly because of information flow/holding, or simply lazy and do not want to memorize all the African countries... (mathematicians and engineers are lazy people, but people are even lazier)

    Also in the west we are Canadians, Americans and Mexicans, not North Americans.... We can name our neighbours, but halfway across the world the country becomes the continent. ie Asia

    Different cultures think in different ways. Or maybe we are just lazy thinkers.

    When we meet new people we are always trying to find bridges between yourself and the new person. We work from the large scale (general) to the small scale (specifics).

  14. #14
    Why lie or mislead about something that she is going to find out anyways. I would rather be straight up. But having said that, I can see some guys lie because of some common ethnicity restrictions by some SP's.
    At my age, they all look good and luckily there is a nerve that connects my eyes to my one-eyed monster.


    (, v ,)
    .) . (
    ( 'v' )

  15. #15
    In Canada and US are the only form of standard English where Indians are not called Indians. Anyone with British or British Colonial education would call Indians and Pakistanis as Asians, and C/K/J subset Orientals. I have never been called Asian by my British friends, and always called Oriental.

    Individual circumstances may apply.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •