Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump drives women's rights back to the back alleys.

Trump drives women's rights back to the back alleys.

Used the State of the Union address to advocate for abolition of late term abortions.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Does he truly believe in it, or is he playing to the southern right wing christian vote?

Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    Does he truly believe in it, or is he playing to the southern right wing christian vote?
    Does it matter? Pense, by the way, is worse.
    Even though there are days I wish I could change some things that happened in the past, there’s a reason the rear view mirror is so small and the windshield is so big, where you’re headed is much more important than what you’ve left behind.

Blog Entries
    It won't pass Congress but will get through the Senate only to be confirmed by the Repugnant Stacked Supreme Court. It's gonna get uglier south of the border if you can believe it.

Welcome back to the 1950's

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

On the upside he's also giving the Democrats a free boost in 2020 with that kind of talk.

its all talk trump is all show buzz trust me there went be wall maybe fence and supreme court don't like him so its that stacked its all show the appenctice 2019 style your fired

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    Used the State of the Union address to advocate for abolition of late term abortions.
    So where is the line that you can't abort anymore?

Currently its within the first trimester. I didn't see the State of the Union, but i believe his comments may be related to Virgina Democrat Northam (who coincidentally was found in blackface in his yearbook photos) who just made a proposal that would allow abortion at the point of conception (infanticide), that even the Democratic party was reluctant to endorse, with many Senators and representatives refusing to comment on it and just dodging the subject alltogether.

You think allowing the killing babies is propelling woman's rights?

Trump is a chronic pervert yet the religious right adore him.
    Cheats on all three wives, lies constantly, leers at young girls, but he is doing "God's work".
    Pence is worse, he thinks electro shock can cure the gay.
    Amazing that a country of three hundred million could not find someone better.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Quote Originally Posted by dumass View Post
    So where is the line that you can't abort anymore?

You think allowing the killing babies is propelling woman's rights?
    I think Roe Vs Wade should go back to court. I don't disagree in spirit, but the basis for the ruling is -- well, absent.

Satisfaction Provider
    Blog Entries
    Unless you have a uterus, your opinion about a woman's right to choose what to do with her uterus (or the rest of her body).
    Abortion is not & never has been about "killing babies'; it is about terminating pregnancies. Late term abortion saves women from the trauma of having to deliver a stillborn infant, or one with such massive scale deformities that it cannot survive. Right to life rhetoric about 'killing babies' is just false.

It never cease to amaze me that the Republicans who are about less rules and regulations for companies, the environment, people ( gun rights, freedom of speech ) are so adamant about regulating the body of women and what they are allowed to do .

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine a woman ever wanting to abort a late term baby. If the woman has gone through the second trimester, it's apparent she wants the baby.

It's a procedure purely based on doctor's recommendations if there are catastrophic consequences of going through with the pregnancy. i.e. danger to the mother's health, still born, a fetus would be born in a vegetative state and worse etc.

What Dickhead Donny Dorito said was the Govt will ban late term abortions. Probably the insult to injury, the woman will have to pay for the severely retarded child for life if it survives.

These self righteous, bible thumping anti abortionists are purely evil.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    I can't imagine a woman ever wanting to abort a late term baby. If the woman has gone through the second trimester, it's apparent she wants the baby......
    …….Probably the insult to injury, the woman will have to pay for the severely retarded child for life if it survives.
    So at what point is the unborn determined to be "severely retarded"?
    I'm completely for women's rights to choose and how they deal with their own bodies and the health of the mother- even Ms. E's statement that unless one has a uterus then STFU- I get it. "Catastrophic consequences"- then yes.
    But when it comes to " I really want a baby I'm going to have a baby I can't wait to have my baby I'm going to be a mommy- Uh-oh! Nope! The kid's got Down's syndrome- time to end it." I'm not on board at all.
    It's a really fine fucking line here as far as I'm concerned, and that line seems to move around for some.
    Last edited by ddcanz; 02-06-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    "Hungry? Here- pig out on knuckle sandwiches!" Reid Fleming- World's Toughest Milkman.

Politicians are people with thinly veiled eithics.. A male politician needs a nice spouse and children cause it looks like he is a family man. That same politician who gets his mistress pregnant will always ask her to get an abortion, because a child would look bad politically.... despite his religious temperament.

A woman's right to choose, its her life. We not in the good old days where the tribe had to increase its numbers to survive. That is the mentality of these right wing Christians whose origins comes from ancient fertility cults... and its about the control of the people... either thru state or religion.

As I mentioned in the Roe vs Wade thread, R vs W is slowly being eliminated by individual state choice by putting so many restrictions on abortion, that women will be seeking illegal means to accomplish it or go outside their state to get an abortion. Due to laws in certain states, most states are losing their abortions clinics due to these state laws.

Peoples rights fall under the state. Religious dictates should not fall or be incorporated into the state. The US constitution separated state and religion; and religion wants to get back together with the state. Very BAD....

Couple terminology corrections:

"Conception" is the beginning of pregnancy not the conclusion of it. It happens within 48 hours of sex. It's the earliest an abortion could possibly be performed. Anything earlier is birth control.

Delivering a late term stillborn is usually induced labour, not an abortion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast