Thread: Postal

Postal

I remember years ago, some guy that got fired from a post office somewhere in the US, went back with a rifle and killed several of his former workers. I guess this is where the term going postal came from.

Well most people would put these peoples' mentality at a little off the normal scale. Mentally unstable.

Now in the last few years the gun violence has increased dramatically, it seem the perpetrators are aiming for world records in killing sprees. Mentally unstable/revenge

The recent attack on a place of worship in Philadelphia is being attributed to racism. Guns were involved. The US president suggested that if they had armed guards at the Synagogue, this wouldn't of happened....

Well lets examine that premise.

1. Places of worship having guards, usually goes against the preaching of most religions where the emphasis in their religions is mainly peace.
    2. Having guards with guns deter individuals from choosing freely to enter a place of worship.
    3. Arming a religion, that goes back to the crusades and jihad, nothing good came of those armed quests to increase their religion for land acquisitions....
    4. If a synagogue has armed guards then all temples and churches should be able to have guards, including mosques....

Yes lets just throw alot more gasoline on the fire..... till it blows up in our faces.....

Going Postal is now passe... you must aspire to world record killing spees and/or throwing more gasoline on the fire...

Years ago I was on google news and followed link after link ending up on a small town USA paper.
    There was video of a city council meeting where a citizen went nuts.

The council was at the front of the room and he was at the back shouting about something.
    The mayor asked a policeman to remove him but he pulled out a handgun, shot the officer. A councillor pulled out a gun and shot back.
    The gunman shot the councillor, and someone else shot the gunman.
    All on video, it happened in about ten seconds.

Three dead, one wounded, never even made the news!
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

Beverly Hills. In the Kitchen eatin' vittles.
    And every once in a while the "Good Guy with a Gun" gets lucky (although it sounds like this guy got shot too) which only emboldens people like Trump and the NRA.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...id=mailsignout
    Y'all come back now,
    Y'hear?

Personal opinion:

The argument that the temples / congregations (of any religion) should be armed is absurd.

First of all, what guard are you going to have that's going to stand up against a guy armed with an assault rifle & 3 pistols, and is definitely willing to shoot first? Truth is, the attacker would then just kill the armed guard, and then proceed on with the rest of the attack, having captured one more gun. Seriously, if the guy was willing to trade gunfire with the cops, then what chance does a security guard have, unless he's so trigger-happy that he's more likely to get spooked and kill some innocent person (which has also happened in the US a bunch of times)?

That brings up the second point: What if the armed guard is the one who one day goes berserk and decides to shoot some people? Same question can be asked of armed guards at schools and other places. Security guards are not any more stable or trustworthy than the average person. After one of these guys goes nuts and starts blasting away at people, who will they arm to guard against the guards?

Third point is the same as #2 - only with the congregation members as the potential shooters, instead of the guards or some outside party. Think none of them are capable of the rabid emotions needed to kill someone? Think again. Lots of religious extremists out there, not to mention people who go nuts due to domestic disputes or family shame (etc.).

This is what happens when you turn paranoid and weaponize everyone against every possible attacker: a slow-burning war of everyone versus everyone. Doesn't look like a polite society of equals; looks more like Somalia.
    Last edited by rlock; 10-29-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Another problem with security guards providing an armed response is it's a response. The guard isn't going to preemptively shoot someone. Even best case scenario, the shooter still makes the first move. But I guess they consider the first X casualties to be acceptable losses? And that doesn't even address the fact that a lot of these shooters wear body armour now.

Speaking of postal, (and on a different note) I miss seeing this beautiful girl who delivers our office mail. What a smile!!! Can't wait for the rotating strike to be over.

They better end the strike soon because I don't wanna go postal on them.

Speaking of postal.... anyone remember Newman from Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmA2xoIoFU
    At my age, they all look good and luckily there is a nerve that connects my eyes to my one-eyed monster.

(, v ,)
    .) . (
    ( 'v' )

Quote Originally Posted by take8easy View Post
    Speaking of postal, (and on a different note) I miss seeing this beautiful girl who delivers our office mail. What a smile!!! Can't wait for the rotating strike to be over.

They better end the strike soon because I don't wanna go postal on them.

Speaking of postal.... anyone remember Newman from Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmA2xoIoFU
    ” not so fast... pretty boy..”
    ...NOW IN KAMLOOPS..
    fetishes/role playingBDSM and of course Gfe
    "You have to teach people the way you want to be treated"
    7786949171 [email protected]