Thread: Ticketmaster found to be hiring professional scalpers!

Blog Entries

Ticketmaster found to be hiring professional scalpers!

Hopefully, the shit is finally hit the fan with Ticketmaster and their sleezeball business practises.

They have been found to be recruiting professional scalpers to resell tickets and use BOTS with multiple accounts. TM gets the fees two times when they use scalpers to move tickets through their own resale program.

There have been hearings over the years that have resulted with nothing to help the buying public. As far as I'm concerned buying tickets to a major show is next to impossible and it's getting worse.

I think this time, the controversy will be huge.

From CBC - .

By partnering with scalpers, Ticketmaster has done an about-face from its position of less than a decade ago when then-CEO Irving Azoff told U.S. legislators: "I believe that scalping and resales should be illegal."

Huge fines for a start and get the artists on board to reign in Ticketmaster, finally!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-p...gram-1.4828535

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

I wish concert tickets were available at the venue box offices like they used to be. Too many concerts have multiple pre-sales before the tickets are available for general sales. This news of them using scalpers is pretty shady and I hope something finally gets done in the favor of true fans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by italian233 View Post
    I wish concert tickets were available at the venue box offices like they used to be. Too many concerts have multiple pre-sales before the tickets are available for general sales. This news of them using scalpers is pretty shady and I hope something finally gets done in the favor of true fans.
    I used to belong to a few fan clubs and got presales numerous times. It was a pretty sweet deal for $50 a year. I almost always got the seats I wanted within minutes of logging on to TM.

Then it all changed even on presale days. A few concerts I was shut out completely. It was the U2 at BC place concert that made me reconsider buying fan club access.

Numerous times I had the seats I wanted only to see them snatched out my basket right in front of me while attempting to use my credit card that was on file.

It really stank. Everyone I spoke to had the same experiences with TM.

TM has been the sleaziest company around for years. They have a virtual monopoly on concerts, which isn't allowed in any other business.

I always thought they were behind a lot of scalping. They should be shut down, and directors jailed for fraud.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

What will hopefully happen is that artists with a minimum of scruples will refuse to deal with TM going forward.

JD

The cost of concert tickets has gotten more and more ridiculous each year to the point where I really have to enjoy the band I'm going to see if I'm going to put up with the cost and the gouging that comes from TM.

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    I used to belong to a few fan clubs and got presales numerous times. It was a pretty sweet deal for $50 a year. I almost always got the seats I wanted within minutes of logging on to TM.

Then it all changed even on presale days. A few concerts I was shut out completely. It was the U2 at BC place concert that made me reconsider buying fan club access.

Numerous times I had the seats I wanted only to see them snatched out my basket right in front of me while attempting to use my credit card that was on file.

It really stank. Everyone I spoke to had the same experiences with TM.
    It is harder even with presales now because everyone and their dog has some sort of presale code from their credit card, various radio stations, etc

Easy solution is to start boycotting ticketmaster and stop attending concerts. If they don't sell tickets there is no better way to let them know people are fed up and not going to take it anymore. Keep it up long enough and it would drive them out of business.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by larami View Post
    I agree with all the comments but how do you stop this? With multiple accounts and bots that do the dialling it seems to be all locked up. I don't think you can legislate this either but I'd like to see an attempt made. In the "old" days when they used to have box office sales scalpers( notice how TM now calls them brokers) would have multiple people stand in for a small fee and still by loads of tickets.
    Big problem but I don't see an easy solution.
    How to stop this:

Finally US and Canadian Govt having legislation banning use of bots and making the online purchase fairly priced and no resellers.

Pearl Jam has been at war with TM since the 1990's. Finally there may be an antitrust action against TM. Their parent company Live Nation forces venues to use TM or they don't get the tour date.

http://www.alternativenation.net/pea...us-government/

Artists sell the tickets via their own website to a single email account.

Dave Matthews Band gives their fanclub the concerts and max tickets with the membership.

I think it's fair to say artists are not fans of TM and some are selling their tickets via their websites.