Global warming my ASS!!! LOL!! Anybody remember Joe Ligotti on Global warming?

storm rider

Banned
Dec 6, 2008
Calgary
Ok that was funny but at the same time quite true.....how the fuck is a CARBON TAX going to LOWER emissions.....it fuckin WONT.It will however burden Canadians who live in a country that has one of the harshest winter climates in the world.

Even worse than the Trudeau 2.0 NEP Carbon Tax is the NDP LEAP Manifesto which calls for the COMPLETE stoppage of the use of ALL fossil fuels by the year 2050....I guess under the NDP plan Canadians will heat their homes with UNICORNS.....yup UNICORNS...just hook up that UNICORNS ass to your furnace and feed it gumdrops and rainbows and warm fuzzy self righteous thoughts about saving the planet......a small flaw in the plan is that there is no such fucking thing as a UNICORN.

Take a trip to a tropical country like Thailand/Nicaragua/Costa Rica and so on and so forth and ask the local residents how they feel or are concearned about "Climate Change" and those people will look at you like you have two heads between your shoulders and consider you to be a mental nutcase.

It is no longer called Global Warming because that got debunked by scientific fact and was thrown under the bus due to Climate Gate when 10,000+ emails got leaked that exposed thousands of climate scientists skewing/falsifying and telling outright lies about their data/research not to mention collusion between themselves to discredit anyone who peer reviewed their findings and did not agree with the information.

According to Al Gore both the northern and southern ice caps were supposed to have completely melted 8 years ago and the City of New York was going to be under 10 feet of water.....BULLSHIT.

If places like Vancouver were under the REAL threat of devastating rising seal levels....there is no fucking way on earth a BANK would give a person a 4 MILLION mortgage on a property that would be worthless in 10 years because it would be literally under water.

Climate change is a shame....it is the "emperors new clothes" and it is being brainwashed into the minds of the sheeple in Western Society.....it is nothing but a bullshit Leftist tax grab.

SR

UhOh

Dec 11, 2011
Climate Change can't be real. Trump and Fox News said it was a hoax and you just can't get any more of a reputable source than either of those two.
How could 38 billion tons of carbon dioxide dumped into the atmosphere every year have a negative impact. Those emissions are just stuffed with the minerals and vitamins that the planet needs to remain healthy.

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
How would carbon taxes reduce emissions?

In an ideal world the revenue of carbon taxes would be directed toward funding the development of technologies that would create new processes for clean energy and reversal of the damage done. In the long run it would indeed reduce emissions.

In reality I sometimes wonder if it's just the modern version of the Catholic Church's sale of indulgences (pay a fee, earn one consequence-free sin) from the Middle Ages.

nightswhisper

Feb 20, 2016
There is general consensus that there is a change in climate.

What's debatable is how much of that is man-made. An overwhelming number of scientific papers by scientists included in the oft-quoted "99% consensus" (Cook et Al) by Al Gore disagree that climate change is entirely or significantly man-made.

It's annoying how politicized, litigious, and religious global warming has become. Politicians, lawyers, and holier-than-thou keyboard warrior losers are profiting off of the fashion that is climate science.

Last edited:

Quarter Mile'r

Injected and Blown
May 17, 2005
Out of Town
Exactly to all of you why I will not lean into the dreamland ideal that we are causing global warming or excuse me, climate change.
FCS's The earth certainly warmed up all on its own about 15-20,000 years ago after the last ice age didn't it?
What did early man think of that then? Maybe we should use less campfires cuz we're creating to much CO2
or CO? Yah right, in a pigs eye. We sure as hell didn't have coal fired power plants and millions of fuel guzzling
vehicles running around the planet back then did we?

And another thing, what about that fear mongering crap back in the '70's that CFC's were burning up our
ozone layer and we're gonna be heading into another ice age and all that other pandemic crappola?
Haven't heard anything about that of late. I wonder why?

Oh they love to have the fear mongering bullshit pile up with new ideas ready for the next idea to take
over just so they can tax our ass to death even more than it is already. The excuses they use never
cease to amaze me. So from global warming it's gone to climate change. What's the next one
they are going to come up with? Hmmm, maybe that the earth's orbit around the sun is elyptical
and that it's our fault and will have to tax us for that so we can correct its orbit to be more
circular instead and combined with the Sun's activity. That might be our fault too! Good god.

.........................QM'r

wetnose

Mar 23, 2003
South Vancouver
Hell yes, youtube is a great source of the TRUTH.

If I ever get a stabbing pain in my stomach, I'm going to look up to do my appendectomy from youtube (it'll probably be appendicitis. probably), preferably from some redneck's channel.

Surgeons can suck it.

I, for one, am getting tired of all these "experts" and ivory tower know-it-alls. It's all a damn conspiracy.

In fact, I just opened my fridge and it was COLD inside. COLD. Ain't no global warming there.

Last edited:

CanineCowboy

Feb 5, 2010
Who needs trained scientists using empiricism when science can be figured out with a six pack and rationalized good ol' common sense? Empirical science is just a big pyramid scheme run by Reptilians trying to distract us from the truth.

storm rider

Banned
Dec 6, 2008
Calgary
Who needs trained scientists using empiricism when science can be figured out with a six pack and rationalized good ol' common sense? Empirical science is just a big pyramid scheme run by Reptilians trying to distract us from the truth.
Well when the phrase "94% of scientists agree that Climate Change is happening" and you take it as gospel and which is espoused by the media and politicians and special interest groups......well you have to ask some skeptical questions.Of course the aforementioned dont like "skeptical questions".If you dare ask those "skeptical questions" you are labelled/called a "DENIER".....kind of like being called a HERETIC 1800 years ago if you questioned the very core idea of a specific religeon.

The biggest joke was Al Gore's hockey stick graph that had CO2 levels at a constant for centuries and then it just abruptly rises in the last century.Around 1970 the CO2 level in the atmosphere was 270 parts per million and it now is currently at 365 parts per million....in 40 years it has not even doubled with all of the industrialization that has happened on the 3rd rock from the sun during that time.Of course the one thing that is missing from Al Gore's graph of doomsaying is the warming period of the middle ages when CO2 levels were at 8000+ parts per million....cant include that factoid as it blows his BULLSHIT scam to bits.

Do 94% of scientists BELIEVE and have SCIENTIFIC peer reviewed solid PROOF that the currrent "Climate" as well as it's future course are 100% influenced by man made activities etc.....not fucking likely.

This planet has been around for BILLIONS of years and mankind has evolved over a few millenia and is still only partially industrialized.The audacity to say that mankind and it's activity in the lat 50 years is "killing the planet" is a statement of hubris to the extreme.

A good example is the category 5 hurricane barreling towards Florida as well as South Carolina.....the last such hurricane happened 60 years ago....60 years is a long time with regards to OUR Society....it is a blip in time with regards to this Planet.....oh but the fear mongers spread it though....the hurricane is because of "Climate Change".

Just for shits and giggles....take a wild fucking guess who OWNS the Chicago Carbon Credit Exchange......AL Gore does.....what is a "Carbon Credit"?.....see thats when some scumbag like Trudeau fucks over Canadians with a Carbon Tax and when Canada does not meet it's UN manadated emissions reduction targets Canada as a country BUYS carbon credits to meet it's obligations and that money goes to less developed countries and Canada meets it's obligations on paper....meanwhile no emissions are reduced and Canadians are taxed and a scumbag doomesayer like Al Gore gets rich from having brokered the deal.

Dont believe me.....OK then when Canada hits the hustings next year for a Federal Election try asking Trudeau if Canada will meet it's obligations under the Paris Accord by purchasing "carbon credits".....you will be dragged from the room faster than the guy who called Trudeau a DISENGENOUS PRICK in Toronto after Trudeau showed up 2 weeks after the slaughter on the Danforth.

Climate Change is real and it has been happening for BILLIONS of years.....to say that mankind has influenced it or caused it by less than 100 years of partial industrialization is just plain fucking stupid.....unless of course you are one of the pigs feeding at the trough.

SR

vanperb

What makes a good man?
Jul 9, 2008
And another thing, what about that fear mongering crap back in the '70's that CFC's were burning up our
ozone layer and we're gonna be heading into another ice age and all that other pandemic crappola?
Haven't heard anything about that of late. I wonder why?
Point of fact: It wasn't an ice age we were heading towards because of ozone depletion catalyzed by CFC's. Ozone depletion lead to high instances of skin cancer, cataracts, and impaired immune systems. Continued studies have found they can potentially be more powerful at trapping heat in than greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide. We eventually came to an agreement to band CFC's called the Montreal Protocol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol In general, it has had a postive effect at "repairing" the ozone layer.

vanperb

What makes a good man?
Jul 9, 2008
The biggest joke was Al Gore's hockey stick graph that had CO2 levels at a constant for centuries and then it just abruptly rises in the last century.Around 1970 the CO2 level in the atmosphere was 270 parts per million and it now is currently at 365 parts per million....in 40 years it has not even doubled with all of the industrialization that has happened on the 3rd rock from the sun during that time.Of course the one thing that is missing from Al Gore's graph of doomsaying is the warming period of the middle ages when CO2 levels were at 8000+ parts per million....cant include that factoid as it blows his BULLSHIT scam to bits.
Fact check: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ At no point in human history did it reach CO2 levels reach 8000+ parts per million. There is a cyclic trend in CO2 levels across thousands of years, but that trend has been clearly broken with industrialization. We've reach the expected peak point and quickly surpassed it.

Do 94% of scientists BELIEVE and have SCIENTIFIC peer reviewed solid PROOF that the currrent "Climate" as well as it's future course are 100% influenced by man made activities etc.....not fucking likely.
Major agencies like NASA have agreed that climate change is happening. While there is no way to say that 100% of all scientists agree on a specific notion, having consensus among major scientific players should be sign we should be listening.

A good example is the category 5 hurricane barreling towards Florida as well as South Carolina.....the last such hurricane happened 60 years ago....60 years is a long time with regards to OUR Society....it is a blip in time with regards to this Planet.....oh but the fear mongers spread it though....the hurricane is because of "Climate Change".
Climate change does not create hurricanes. The increased severity and frequency of hurricanes, storms, floods, and other weather related disasters is what will occur because of climate change.

Just for shits and giggles....take a wild fucking guess who OWNS the Chicago Carbon Credit Exchange......AL Gore does.....what is a "Carbon Credit"?.....see thats when some scumbag like Trudeau fucks over Canadians with a Carbon Tax and when Canada does not meet it's UN manadated emissions reduction targets Canada as a country BUYS carbon credits to meet it's obligations and that money goes to less developed countries and Canada meets it's obligations on paper....meanwhile no emissions are reduced and Canadians are taxed and a scumbag doomesayer like Al Gore gets rich from having brokered the deal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Climate_Exchange The exchange was founded in 2003 and the final trade was made in 2010. In terms of success story, it's not one. Al Gore did have a stake in it, but with the exchanges collapse, he doesn't look like a good investor.

vanperb

What makes a good man?
Jul 9, 2008
How would carbon taxes reduce emissions? In reality I sometimes wonder if it's just the modern version of the Catholic Church's sale of indulgences (pay a fee, earn one consequence-free sin) from the Middle Ages.
That is one of the better explainations of the realties of carbon taxes that I've heard. =)

vanperb

What makes a good man?
Jul 9, 2008
Take a trip to a tropical country like Thailand/Nicaragua/Costa Rica and so on and so forth and ask the local residents how they feel or are concearned about "Climate Change" and those people will look at you like you have two heads between your shoulders and consider you to be a mental nutcase.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/06/opinions/sutter-two-degrees-marshall-islands/ A trip to the The Marshall Islands might give you a more enlightened response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjMZPHP1Dns Or maybe this Olympian from the Republic of Kiribati

Caramel

Banned
Dec 21, 2011
well something is happening, whether it's mad-made or not, I'm not sure...but something is definitely happening...there are extremes everywhere, so many more hurricanes and flooding...entire islands are flooding and will be flooding in the near future...and just look at Vancouver, in the 90's, I was a kid, the snow buried my entire height I was like 3-4 feet tall...nowadays, it doesn't even snow in Vancouver anymore, and only a little bit in slurrey, and, it stops for a decade then starts up again...now I haven't lived that long, so maybe someone who's twice my age (50s-60s+) can tell us if the weather was as erratic all over the world and especially here in Vancity all throughout their life. I'm no expert and I haven't taken the time to binge research about it online...but all I know is, I have never experienced the kind of hot summer we do nowadays, before 2004...before that, it never went past room temp outside during summer!

licks2nite

Nov 30, 2006
Whatever you hear or read about "global warming" or "climate change" you should know something about the "solar sun-spot cycle" that happens on average every 11.2 years. The number and size of spots on the sun build up to a maximum and gradually diminish over a period of 11.2 years. Quite simply, sun-spots are whirlpools on the surface of the sun. The whirlpools draw in cooler surface material of the molten Sun, exposing the hotter underlayers. Vancouver has been, in my lifetime, in a position to see the effects of the sunspot cycle much more dramatically than most I suppose, since the 11.2 year variability of the sun is enough to either cause heavy snow in Vancouver's moist climate or rain fall.

Earth's distance to the Sun affects the amount of insolation received by the earth. The earth's orbit is an ellipse (an oval) around the Sun, not a circle. If you remember high school geometry you know that an ellipse has two foci. The Sun sits at one focus and the earth orbits around both foci. Therefore, the earth's distance to the Sun varies during the year. For a person's lifetime, the earth is very nearly the same distance to the Sun on the same date as preceding years. For much longer periods of time as the ellipse processes (rotates) around the Sun, the earth will be either closer or further from the Sun during the same season each year. Another thing is the tilt of the earth's axis varies a little bit, a few degrees, also over fairly long periods of time, but not on the same schedule. Without a tilt there wouldn't be any seasons at all. Too much tilt there would be extreme heating and cooling during the year. The other thing is that the land mass of the northern hemisphere is so much greater than that in the southern hemisphere. Snow can accumulate only on land and if these things conspire to make summers in the northern hemisphere cool enough, the snow won't melt and an "ice age" comes on from the northern hemisphere that affects the whole planet. Equally likely, these things can conspire to melt an ice age that some writers say that the earth is still in, since Antarctica and Greenland are in ice all year. On the longest schedule of all, the earth's continents drift about. Evidently there was a time when most of the land mass was around the equator. Was never any accumulation of snow and never any iceage at all for enormously long periods of time--hundreds of millions of years. In the recent past, currently about every 10,000 years.

An ice-age begins with snow remaining during summer months. The white snow reflect the Sun's heat preserving the snow. The snow pack builds up each year, compressing into icy glaciers. Melting glaciers strip landscape down to boulders and multiple lakes, as seen in northern Ontario and northern Manitoba. These days apparently, the Canadian arctic ocean is in retreat and the tree line is pushing north into the permafrost. As the temperature difference drops between the Arctic and where most everybody lives, the "Jet Stream" slows down. The Jet Stream is a fast current of air up about 10,000 metres usually traveling in nearly a straight line, west to east around the globe, dragging the changes of the weather along from day to day. However, as the Jet Stream slows with diminished temperature difference between the upper and mid latitudes, the Jet Stream meanders. At some longitudes going from north to south dragging cold air from the Arctic and at alternating longitudes dragging warm air northward, for example the Chinooks of Alberta. The meander may even stall unusually long periods bringing prolonged warmth to northern latitudes and cold to others. Recall that Toronto was playing golf all one December and by February in deep snow. On an entirely different schedule is the El Nino, the southern oscillation of warm and cold current in the Pacific Ocean that can bring either warm or cold air currents northward. Looks like quite a few folks in the NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the United States have quite a career fitting all the different weather and climate parameters together to make a prediction without even looking at carbon.

Bone_eve

Dec 17, 2010
its not even Sept 15 and its snowing in Alberta. Its was a Balmy +1 today in Edmonton. :smow:

Guess why they no longer call it Global Warming but Climate change. I am not worried like these Doomsayers. Nope I think man's contribution to climate change is rather small.

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
its not even Sept 15 and its snowing in Alberta. Its was a Balmy +1 today in Edmonton. :smow:

Guess why they no longer call it Global Warming but Climate change. I am not worried like these Doomsayers. Nope I think man's contribution to climate change is rather small.
To borrow Storm Rider's turn of phrase, it's hubris for us laypeople to second guess the data accumulated by the people who've invested their lives studying this. I am convinced that they are telling the truth when they say the quantity of carbon being released into our atmosphere is unprecedented in our species (but not unprecedented in the planet's history, if we go back a mass extinction event or two).

I'm with Storm Rider in questioning the effectiveness of carbon tax though. It strongly feels like it's been perverted by politicians into a new revenue generator. I highly doubt it's not being diverted from its intent.

You can argue that there are people profiting off the narrative of climate change, and yes I would believe you. But it's important to remember that (a) the people who initially raised the alarm are not those people and (b) there are a lot more industries with great clout that would profit greater off climate change denial, so "follow the money" arguments tend to backfire.

Bottom line, I believe we're screwing up the climate balance but political claims to be doing something about it are disingenuous. Look no further than Trudeau and oil: oh yes, fossil fuels are bad, but we need to expand our production in them. Just a little bit longer. One more hit. Then we'll go legit. We promise. A politician trying to have his cake and eat it too.

80watts

May 20, 2004
Victoria
Really I have a piece of paper that says I get to go to heaven.... And I'm not even Catholic..... Yup I don't have to worry about climate change/gobal warming, cause I get to go to heaven... where everything is perfect.

Nowadays on google, you have to look up the references to see the footwork/notes of many of the articles on the web. You don't know which side the articles is from. Facts and statistics can be manipulated by the writer in order to pursue individual/political means...

For those with swamp land in Florida, soon it will be a sea......

lets see, the weather has changed, check on the number of hurricanes in the Atlantic compared to 30 years ago. Look at the current storm coming in?

Vancouver Escorts