Carman Fox

Sexual Harassment - You Have To Be Careful.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
^^ Well said, 4p.

On the radio, I heard a lawyer describe the legal requirements for harassment - persistent OR egregious (not her exact words). Egregious is pretty clear-cut - an assault, fondling, groping, forced kiss, etc; just has to happen once. Persistent was more gray, but her words were: "what a reasonable person would consider harassment". I agree that no reasonable person would consider "that's a great outfit" as harassment; its a compliment on the clothing and the effort to look professional.
I always tell women they look good.....and its met with a smile, and a thank you every time.
I suppose it's the way I say it, more like a compliment, and not harassment.

Quarter Mile'r

Injected and Blown
May 17, 2005
Out of Town
It's sad that your chief complaint is "life is hard being politically correct" while women and minorities deal with the same old issues..... on top of men like you complaining that life is hard because you have to think before you speak/ use your manners..

Lol and comparing today with 20-30 years ago as if that's progress. I've literally taught my 80 year old racist white grandma how to use more consideration than you just did in that post.

Oh and don't worry, you haven't offended me. You've just shown your lack of social intelligence. I can't really be offended about that.
Are you a nutcase? Or just another of those SJW's that SR mentioned?

So you are saying social intelligence is based on how politically correct you can be?
cough, cough, gimme a break! If that is so you better apply for a gov't job with the Liberals.
Life is not hard being politically correct. It is the exact opposite. It's to easy to follow in the
Liberalization of how the Gov't loves to control the masses with over the "years" subtle
suggestions known as MIND control. AKA political Correctness.

The hard part is to know when to say enough is enough ALREADY!! Okay?

So be it if you enjoy being controlled mentally. You truly are the one who has to be careful what to say and what
to think before reacting. Not me !! LOL!! Have fun!!
But think of this as you move on. Even in my state of non compliance with PC'ness I surely have not offended anyone.
I was mearly making a comparison of how it is today with what was considered normal conversation
years ago and happy to hear that I have not offended you.

Like what was said earlier in this thread, some comments are made in context with being polite
and have no harassment "value" to them. That's the way I see things today.
It's called just being POLITE... and not having to be paranoid about ones choice of words.

The problem is today that those kind of polite words can be construed into harmful
accusations just by being in a position to accuse a person of doing that.
To me, that is just plain wrong. Maybe their whole problem in life is they are just angry
at the world and need a reason to retalliate. I don't know, I'm no expert.

You know, like kids in elementary school said years ago; "sticks and stones will break
my bones but words will never hurt me" What a crock of shit today.
At least back then people walked around with a set and knew how to shed stuff off
like water on a ducks back. Not today HUH???

Thank you!

.......................QM'r

Last edited:

JimDandy

May 17, 2004
Lower Mainland, B.C.
I think that how borderline compliments are received are very much based on how you are personally perceived. If the person receiving the harassment thinks you are an asshole, they will be a lot more thin skinned about borderline harassment than if you are generally liked.

The same is true on how management will react if a complaint does come in. If management likes you, they will likely just give you a polite warning, if they don't like you, well they may find the complaint a convenient excuse to terminate you.

Many years ago I worked in this plant that had a very strong union. As a professional, I was not part of the union but I was certainly aware of it. There was this union guy who did the least work possible and who both management and his union had zero respect for. He was a real asshole. But he could not be fired because the union had to stand up for the guy even though they hated his guts. Well one day he was caught trying to smuggle a couple of rolls of toilet paper out of the plant. If he had been liked by management, or even by the union, he likely would have gotten off with a warning. But as it turned out, he was fired for theft, and the union did nothing to stop it. He lost a high paying job in a very much economically depressed region of the country over a few rolls of tp.

JD

badbadboy

Nov 2, 2006
In Lust Mostly
I don't find it challenging to be a considerate person/ "PC." Must be an older generation thing.
No it's not a generational thing.

I know full well if I say or do anything that may be PC incorrect (don't care for it personally but I adapt accordingly).

It's all about treating others as you may like to be treated yourself. I don't like being pigeon-holed as an older white male who didn't adapt, therefore I have adapted. I will on occasion throw out a non PC joke in friendly company just to stir things up a bit :p

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
Back in the 70s I worked after school for one of the richest guys in Van. He had a fat greaseball son. They hired exclusively attractive young women for clerical. This guy was all over them all the time, trying to get dates, driving them home ( always just once) requiring them to dress the way he liked.

Since his dad owned the place he got away with everything.

Women lasted about six months at most.

A lot of the old guys here consider those the good old days.

Perspective is everything

Damaged

May 2, 2005
Did you really just take some pathetic story about some entitled, slime ball and paint a bunch of members of perb with the same brush?

Back in the 70s I worked after school for one of the richest guys in Van. He had a fat greaseball son. They hired exclusively attractive young women for clerical. This guy was all over them all the time, trying to get dates, driving them home ( always just once) requiring them to dress the way he liked.

Since his dad owned the place he got away with everything.

Women lasted about six months at most.

A lot of the old guys here consider those the good old days.

Perspective is everything

NEbaD

Regular Person
Mar 15, 2016
Lesser Vancouver
It's sad that your chief complaint is "life is hard being politically correct" while women and minorities deal with the same old issues..... on top of men like you complaining that life is hard because you have to think before you speak/ use your manners..

Lol and comparing today with 20-30 years ago as if that's progress. I've literally taught my 80 year old racist white grandma how to use more consideration than you just did in that post.

Oh and don't worry, you haven't offended me. You've just shown your lack of social intelligence. I can't really be offended about that.
Firstly, women and minorites, or, "other races" as I like to more accurately refer to mongoloids and negroids, can't be accurately compared. Primarily this is because with racial issues, it is possible to adopt an "us vs them" mentality, where as with gender it is not; when Spanish migrants all but exterminated indigenous peoples through central and south America, for example, it was simply a matter of "Okay, they're dead, this is our land now." By contrast, exterminate a gender, and you have essentially exterminated yourself. Quite to the contrary, women, if for no other reason than the fact that they bear children, have always enjoyed protected status. This"women & children first" gynocentric mentality which women enjoy in most if not all societies, was borne of necessity to ensure propagation of our species. This continues to this day, while men are considered disposable by society. This speaks contrary to your "men like you complaining that life is hard because you have to think before you speak/ use your manners''' bit, and is reflected in multiple statistics, for example:

- 76% of suicides are male
- 70% of homicide victims are male
- 38% of victims of sexual assault are male
- 40% of domestic abuse victims are male
- Males die on average 4 years earlier than females
- boys and young men have fallen dramatically behind in every level of the education system from grade school to university
- over 90% of workplace deaths are men (i just pulled a quick news article saying 9/10, but I think it's like 95%)
- men account for over 80% of homeless people

That's just off the top of my head. There's also family law as it pertains to divorce and custody of children, genital mutilation (AKA circumcision), military conscription, really it goes on and on. Meanwhile, our government is almost solely focused on support and resources for women, further reinforcing the idea of male disposability, and the protected status of women.

My favorite quote from that last article:
"“What’s the message we’re sending to the world? Are we saying that we’re going to invest in our military, but the development side, the soft side of peace and security isn’t important? That we don’t feel we need to do our fair share on that front as well?” said Julia Sanchez, President of Canadian Council for International Co-operation, an association of aid groups."
The message in that article if you ask me, is that the men can go to fight and kill and possibly die (disposable), while the women will receive all the support and aid (protected). If we had a larger & more active military, I fear we'd face a veteran's crises similar to what they experience in the USA, but I digress...

Just a few things to keep in mind when talking about someone else's "social intelligence" and then referring to the "same old issues", and I haven't even touched on harassment, for example.

Finally, while it seems there may be a generation gap between Quarter Mile'r and yourself, I think that the content of what Quarter Mile'r is trying to communicate is spot on, in spite of a somewhat antiquated vernacular. I appreciate, Quarter Mile'r, that you are entirely aware of and unapologetic in this regard (read as: zero fucks to give.) IMHO that's exactly as it should be; I admire your fortitude.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
^ workplace accidents, yep, you don't see many women demanding really shitty jobs like construction laborers. Flagman is okay LOL.
Carrying shingles up a ladder onto a roof nah men can keep that.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
^ workplace accidents, yep, you don't see many women demanding really shitty jobs like construction laborers. Flagman is okay LOL.
Carrying shingles up a ladder onto a roof nah men can keep that.
I've found that hiring cowgirls ,and Cowboys ,can be rather interesting.
A cowboy will carry shingles up a ladder thinking he's the only one that can do the job, and will get hard to manage after about a week.
A cowgirl will carry the same shingles up that same ladder to prove she can do the job......give me a nice view while climbing that ladder, and not complain.....she may not do the same job as fast, but will still have the job after a week.
There is an accepted mentality that, although ranching may not be all about riding horses, if you get the grunt work out of the way, perhaps the good days in the saddle, will outweigh the bad days carrying the shingles.
About half the Cowboys will start to complain, get in my face, and eventually challenge my judgement and authority...I've only had one cowgirl do that to me over the years.....and yes....I cut them a little more slack.
Not because they are female, but because they recognize and remember , I am the one who signs the pay check....and hired them.

Cock Throppled

Oct 1, 2003
Upstairs
You should be calling them cow men and cow women.

I wonder how PC the women would be to be called cow women?

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.

Around here redneck, cowboy, cowgirl, and hillbilly is considered a compliment in most cases.

Let me show you........with Miss Erica, it's all in how it is said.

" I've noticed you are looking very nice today Miss Erica, I know half the Cowgirls around here ,can only wish to look half as good, as your looking today.....Is there a convenient time for you in your very busy dance card, that you can fit this Cowboy in for a little bit of gittin' to know you time?"
" I know that I've not been as attentive as a man should be towards a young lady like yourself deserves.....but lately I've been hearing your soft sweet voice in my ear, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing it again"

So with that, compliment or harassment .....I will leave it to her response.

Quarter Mile'r

Injected and Blown
May 17, 2005
Out of Town
Firstly, women and minorites, or, "other races" as I like to more accurately refer to mongoloids and negroids, can't be accurately compared. Primarily this is because with racial issues, it is possible to adopt an "us vs them" mentality, where as with gender it is not; when Spanish migrants all but exterminated indigenous peoples through central and south America, for example, it was simply a matter of "Okay, they're dead, this is our land now." By contrast, exterminate a gender, and you have essentially exterminated yourself. Quite to the contrary, women, if for no other reason than the fact that they bear children, have always enjoyed protected status. This"women & children first" gynocentric mentality which women enjoy in most if not all societies, was borne of necessity to ensure propagation of our species. This continues to this day, while men are considered disposable by society. This speaks contrary to your "men like you complaining that life is hard because you have to think before you speak/ use your manners''' bit, and is reflected in multiple statistics, for example:

- 76% of suicides are male
- 70% of homicide victims are male
- 38% of victims of sexual assault are male
- 40% of domestic abuse victims are male
- Males die on average 4 years earlier than females
- boys and young men have fallen dramatically behind in every level of the education system from grade school to university
- over 90% of workplace deaths are men (i just pulled a quick news article saying 9/10, but I think it's like 95%)
- men account for over 80% of homeless people

That's just off the top of my head. There's also family law as it pertains to divorce and custody of children, genital mutilation (AKA circumcision), military conscription, really it goes on and on. Meanwhile, our government is almost solely focused on support and resources for women, further reinforcing the idea of male disposability, and the protected status of women.

My favorite quote from that last article:
"“What’s the message we’re sending to the world? Are we saying that we’re going to invest in our military, but the development side, the soft side of peace and security isn’t important? That we don’t feel we need to do our fair share on that front as well?” said Julia Sanchez, President of Canadian Council for International Co-operation, an association of aid groups."
The message in that article if you ask me, is that the men can go to fight and kill and possibly die (disposable), while the women will receive all the support and aid (protected). If we had a larger & more active military, I fear we'd face a veteran's crises similar to what they experience in the USA, but I digress...

Just a few things to keep in mind when talking about someone else's "social intelligence" and then referring to the "same old issues", and I haven't even touched on harassment, for example.

Finally, while it seems there may be a generation gap between Quarter Mile'r and yourself, I think that the content of what Quarter Mile'r is trying to communicate is spot on, in spite of a somewhat antiquated vernacular. I appreciate, Quarter Mile'r, that you are entirely aware of and unapologetic in this regard (read as: zero fucks to give.) IMHO that's exactly as it should be; I admire your fortitude.
Unbelievable NEbaD. Your writing skills would prompt me to believe that you are a University prof or some such.
I wish I had the expertise to write as eloquently and skillfully as yourself.
Thank you for explaining in better terms as to what I meant. (Definately zero fucks to give)
in this regard towards PC'ness and unapologetic as well for not being such.

I also would like to add how interesting the different ways of thinking were across the generations.
Like Alicia pointed out her 80 year old white Grandmother is racist.
The generation after that thinks differently and were more tolerant of races in general.
(Changing their views and becoming more modern?) Then the younger generation today thinks
differently again than they before them, being all politically correct and such.

The two previous generations probably never even heard the word political correctness
in their day. It literally is a modern term.

Here's a quote I received in an email. This goes back to probably grandma's time.

"1944" 18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death"

"2016" 18 year olds need a safe place because words hurt their fucking feelings"

i will not make a comment about that one but you get the drift of what goes on today
as far as thin or thick skin.

......................QM'r

Quarter Mile'r

Injected and Blown
May 17, 2005
Out of Town
I think that how borderline compliments are received are very much based on how you are personally perceived. If the person receiving the harassment thinks you are an asshole, they will be a lot more thin skinned about borderline harassment than if you are generally liked.

The same is true on how management will react if a complaint does come in. If management likes you, they will likely just give you a polite warning, if they don't like you, well they may find the complaint a convenient excuse to terminate you.

Many years ago I worked in this plant that had a very strong union. As a professional, I was not part of the union but I was certainly aware of it. There was this union guy who did the least work possible and who both management and his union had zero respect for. He was a real asshole. But he could not be fired because the union had to stand up for the guy even though they hated his guts. Well one day he was caught trying to smuggle a couple of rolls of toilet paper out of the plant. If he had been liked by management, or even by the union, he likely would have gotten off with a warning. But as it turned out, he was fired for theft, and the union did nothing to stop it. He lost a high paying job in a very much economically depressed region of the country over a few rolls of tp.

JD

You make a very good point here as well JD, I'll bet a lot of people have seen the likes of these happenings going on
all the time to this very day. Different little clicky groups could be your very undoing for the slightest of things.

Or you will be in their circle if nothing else.

...................QM'r

uncleg

Jul 25, 2006

Racist by who's standards ?

Are you a nutcase? Or just another of those SJW's that SR mentioned?

So you are saying social intelligence is based on how politically correct you can be?
cough, cough, gimme a break! If that is so you better apply for a gov't job with the Liberals.
Life is not hard being politically correct. It is the exact opposite. It's to easy to follow in the
Liberalization of how the Gov't loves to control the masses with over the "years" subtle
suggestions known as MIND control. AKA political Correctness.

The hard part is to know when to say enough is enough ALREADY!! Okay?

So be it if you enjoy being controlled mentally. You truly are the one who has to be careful what to say and what
to think before reacting. Not me !! LOL!! Have fun!!
But think of this as you move on. Even in my state of non compliance with PC'ness I surely have not offended anyone.
I was mearly making a comparison of how it is today with what was considered normal conversation
years ago and happy to hear that I have not offended you.

Like what was said earlier in this thread, some comments are made in context with being polite
and have no harassment "value" to them. That's the way I see things today.
It's called just being POLITE... and not having to be paranoid about ones choice of words.

The problem is today that those kind of polite words can be construed into harmful
accusations just by being in a position to accuse a person of doing that.
To me, that is just plain wrong. Maybe their whole problem in life is they are just angry
at the world and need a reason to retalliate. I don't know, I'm no expert.

You know, like kids in elementary school said years ago; "sticks and stones will break
my bones but words will never hurt me" What a crock of shit today.
At least back then people walked around with a set and knew how to shed stuff off
like water on a ducks back. Not today HUH???

Thank you!

.......................QM'r
Well said....

I've found that hiring cowgirls ,and Cowboys ,can be rather interesting.
A cowboy will carry shingles up a ladder thinking he's the only one that can do the job, and will get hard to manage after about a week.
A cowgirl will carry the same shingles up that same ladder to prove she can do the job......give me a nice view while climbing that ladder, and not complain.....she may not do the same job as fast, but will still have the job after a week.
There is an accepted mentality that, although ranching may not be all about riding horses, if you get the grunt work out of the way, perhaps the good days in the saddle, will outweigh the bad days carrying the shingles.
About half the Cowboys will start to complain, get in my face, and eventually challenge my judgement and authority...I've only had one cowgirl do that to me over the years.....and yes....I cut them a little more slack.
Not because they are female, but because they recognize and remember , I am the one who signs the pay check....and hired them.
.....And if you said anything about the view, it'd be sexual harassment and they'd own the ranch....hell even if they overheard you making a comment to one of the cowboys about the view you'd be up in it over your boot tops..... Though most cowgals seem to have a better sense of humour then most city gals...

How about cow person....? Then you'd get nailed for calling her a cow....just can't win.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
Racist by who's standards ?

Well said....

.....And if you said anything about the view, it'd be sexual harassment and they'd own the ranch....hell even if they overheard you making a comment to one of the cowboys about the view you'd be up in it over your boot tops..... Though most cowgals seem to have a better sense of humour then most city gals...

How about cow person....? Then you'd get nailed for calling her a cow....just can't win.
I never make a comment or ever lay a hand on a employee, as I'm a gentleman first.......but sometimes when they get fired ....there is another motive.
The young lady might be unemployed, but she may find herself moving from Cowboy quarters, into the main ranch house.

Cock Throppled

Oct 1, 2003
Upstairs
I never make a comment or ever lay a hand on a employee, as I'm a gentleman first.......but sometimes when they get fired ....there is another motive.
The young lady might be unemployed, but she may find herself moving from Cowboy quarters, into the main ranch house.
Not sure what you intended to mean here, but if you fire a woman working for you, to then move her in with you, you are leaving yourself vulnerable if things go sideways.

sybian

Dec 23, 2014
Kamloops B.C.
Not sure what you intended to mean here, but if you fire a woman working for you, to then move her in with you, you are leaving yourself vulnerable if things go sideways.
I was just kidding.......mostly.
It happened once, and probably never will again.
Several hundreds of thousands of dollars, tends to make even a thick headed cowboy like me remember very clearly.

uncleg

Jul 25, 2006
I was just kidding.......mostly.
It happened once, and probably never will again.
Several hundreds of thousands of dollars, tends to make even a thick headed cowboy like me remember very clearly.
The things you'll do to avoid MRE's and dishes...

Quarter Mile'r

Injected and Blown
May 17, 2005
Out of Town
Well said....

Thanks for the complement uncleg. Much appreciated :thumb:

Hey Sybian, how about giving us the full review of that view you saw? Horny perberts here wanna know
what you saw bro? :D Especially me !!

You can get away with it here after all this is a review board and from what I've seen over the years as
being part of a SP aka (hooker) review board there is nothing politically correct about seeing an SP.
Or so they try to tell us on the outside. Screw them!!!

Cheers all!

......................QM'r

Vancouver Escorts