Thread: Flying Beaver Bar and Grill at Aerogare SUD

Flying Beaver Bar and Grill at Aerogare SUD

I was intrigued by the Flying Beaver Bar and Grill, at Aerogare SUD.

Naturally, most of us don't go to Aerogare SUD very often, hence this hidden place.

I had the BEEF Dip and Steak Bites.

And THREE Bloody Maries....VIRGIN if course! (Heavy on the Wooster Sauce and Green Olives and Green Beans plez!)

For those who have gone there, and even frequent there, whay are some other menu items you recommend I try, at FLYING Beaver, at Aerogare SUD?

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

A dude
    I go there often as it's close to the airport so it acts as my business brunch before many of my flights. I haven't had a bad experience thus far.

I rather enjoy their eggs (Benny or
    omelettes) for breakfast and there are plenty of good shareable dishes as appies (Ahi tuna comes to mind, also the Poutine). I also believe I've had their sandwiches and pizzas here and there.

Overall, a great place

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoi View Post
    I go there often as it's close to the airport so it acts as my business brunch before many of my flights. I haven't had a bad experience thus far.

I rather enjoy their eggs (Benny or
    omelettes) for breakfast and there are plenty of good shareable dishes as appies (Ahi tuna comes to mind, also the Poutine). I also believe I've had their sandwiches and pizzas here and there.

Overall, a great place
    Thanks! I love a great deli sandwich, and great sandwiches in general. So, I should give some of their sammiches a try!

For BREAKFASTS (anywhere), I'm very into the sweet fruit, like compote and whipped cream!

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

Blog Entries
    The beer and food there is always been good. Can't recall anything that was not to my liking.

Really nice atmosphere too.

I am so homophobic, I eat bananas sidewise.

Bill Maher talking about Mike Pence.

https://youtu.be/Jx4ioveM7Jc

Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    The beer and food there is always been good. Can't recall anything that was not to my liking.

Really nice atmosphere too.
    It definitely has a Downtown or Kitsilano type of atmoshpere, in that the young hip people hang out there!

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

I went there last weekend for the 1st time. Liked the atmosphere and the entire way the bar is set up. I had the beef dip also, the best part of it was the onion rings inside the sandwich. So good!!

curmudgeon
    Used to go there in the 90s when I lived in Ditchmond- was a decent enough place back then- with a younger crowd.
    But it's been 20 years since- kind of forgot about the place to be honest.

Iv'e had the beef dip as well. Not many places have it anymore.

I remember when they built it and thought "Nobody's going to drink there" its been packed since it opened.
    Scotty and Paddy (Old bartenders there and great guy's) opened their bar The Milltown Pub (The Milftown) which is also awesome!

Best part about the Flying Beaver is the DeHavilland Beavers, The real Beaver that swims by occasionally and all the lovely Beavers that frequent the place!
    Try the Seafood Hotpot...
    "My Cock is My Compass"