Can't fix cancer with a band aid!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmit

May 4, 2013
Yes it turns out I have cancer.and I have had it for over 8 months with out any real course of treatment .

It seems I feel through the cracks when it comes to detecting and treating my cancer .
A yr ago I went to my usual annual general check up.
I had a few complains about my digestive system and bowel. So got tests but nothing showed up .
I was seeing the doctor off and on through 4or 5 months my acny was flairng up too and I had an area of am old cyse acting up on my chin..The cyse got bigger over 4 m but no push was coming out .
But no one thought it was cancer. I final went to the clinic and asked to see a dermatologist. They booked an apointment for 2 months. I tried to to get a sooner apointment with another doctor but was not able to .
The cyse double in size other the 2 month wait .
When I finally saw the dermatologist he looked at it all of 5 sec.and it cancer ,then booked me for a biopsy in another 3 weeks.
I know everything is just talking too long ,but I am told it is normal to take weeks.

I get the biopsy and told to come back in 3 weeks so.
But the doctor phones me a week after .and tells me I have stage three melanoma.
They book me an apointment at the hospital for the next Monday tor get a plastic surgeon to look at it and maybe remove.
At this point it is about the size of a loony under the skin.and the main tumor is like a large marble. They can't do the operation that day because it is more involved and difficult then just cut it out.

On that one day I managed to see my doctor get a chest xray and see two plastic surgeon. And get a body and head CT scan.things that should of happened 3 months earlier.

I strI'll have not got the full results from the xrays or CT scan.,just saw the size the the tumor
The plastic surgeon outLined what he wants to do.and that involves take the tissue offor half my chin and my lower lip. And basicly trying to remove all the tumor and at least a cm all around.

And then it will be over a yr to reconstruct it still won't look pretty. The loss of movement to the left side of mouth and other stuff that I can Imagen.
That is assuming the cancer has nother matastised to limp glands or other organs.if that the case the operation will compromise my imune system for a number of months and not able to fight the cancer.
Then it would probably be chemo and radiation or maybe some new drug if I qualifier.

The truth is I am not sold on that option.
So far I have been lucky in that it has not been that aggressive melanoma as we often here about.
But it is still growing and could go rouge at any time

With out no diagnosis for so long and no direction for treatment I was left with searching the internet for the past 4 month.and most of what comes up other the natural protocol. So I have been trying to work my way through them

I am trying the canabisoil , grape see exstract and first just Tumuric and black pepper ,now theracurmin,which is the active ingredient bin Tumuric.
Also try changing lots of green vegatables and fruits.

I have tried to keep a positive attitude but my nature it is to see the worse ,and I have accepted that is could be terminal. In many ways that is easy to accept.
Trying to accept a long fight and havingained peices cut off bit by bit and feeling like crap for months all with the hope of serviving longer .that is more frightening and not appealing.

I have not given up and I am considering what ever is proposed .but I may say no.to the choices.

I would well come to here of any one that has gone though different treatment.Ether on here or by PM

Yes I have a band aid on it just so I don't have to look at it
Or any one else.

Last edited:

Lo-ki

Jul 18, 2011
Check your closet..:)
Sometimes I wonder if Cancer treatment is just a big scam or money making business.
Cancer of any kind is very very real.
You would think that by now they would have found a cure.
But then if they find a cure, all the money for research and all the staff and the big drug company is not coming in.
So maybe the bandaid solution is keeping people wealthy.

Thanks for keeping us informed. The PERB family is behind you.

Cheers
Loki

clu

Oct 3, 2010
Vancouver
Where there's life, there's hope, John. Hang in there.

Loki, I know medical researchers. They aren't getting wealthy off this and they chose the profession because they want to help. There's no cure because cancer is complicated, a fundamental malfunction of basic cellular processes. It's not because they're stalling. They're dancing as fast as they can, as the saying goes.

The telomere theory suggests that cancer is so complicated we evolved to die of old age because programmed cell death was the best defence against cancer (i.e. out of control cell growth) nature had to offer.

take8easy

Jul 27, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if Cancer treatment is just a big scam or money making business.
But then if they find a cure, all the money for research and all the staff and the big drug company is not coming in.

Thanks for keeping us informed. The PERB family is behind you.

Cheers
Loki
I wonder about that all the time. Our medical system is greatly influenced by pharmaceutical companies. They would never want a person to fully recover. That's why the medicine is usually targeted at curing the symptoms. I am not an expert in this field but I have been told that Aleopathy focuses on symptoms while Homeopathy and traditional medicines from China and India focus on curing the disease. Aleopathic medicines (seem to) work quicker because they tend to get rid of the symptoms first. But that is a topic for another day.

Anyway, we all wish you well. Get well soon John.

T8E

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
I have friends in nuclear medicine and have audited a few courses.
It is unbelievably difficult. Very difficult to get in, very difficult to graduate.
It's like taking a tough nuclear physics course and pre med at the same time.
So the bottleneck in waiting for MRI or CT scans is the lack of staff. And a lot move to the US where they can make as much as a doctor.

steverino

Feb 15, 2004
Take care mate. Send me a pm if you would like to chat.

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
Take care of yourself and get well friend.

I won't offer advice. I have personal experience with cancer treatment. I don't regret any of the choices I made, but it was no damn fun. My thoughts are with you.

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
I'm not so cynical. I don't trust the drug companies, and no doubt some private clinics are just it for the money. However, I found the people I dealt with in our medical system to be sincere, caring and helpful, and I'm sure that they would have been as happy to have had an inexpensive instant cure to offer as I would have been to receive one.

As for finding a cure, there are thousands of researchers at universities and elsewhere working had to find better treatments and cures. Some do it because they care, some do it for money, some do it for glory, and some do it purely out of scientific curiosity. Humans being what they are, I have no doubt that some want to keep the gravy train rolling, but I think that the majority of researchers sincerely want to find cures and, better yet, preventions.

westwoody

Jun 10, 2004
Westwood
To think there is a cure in file folder somewhere is to under estimate how complex cancer is, and how difficult it is to develop modern drugs.

Lots of drugs fail clinical trials after their makers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on them.

badbadboy

Nov 2, 2006
In Lust Mostly
Yes it turns out I have cancer.and I have had it for over 8 months with out any real course of treatment .

It seems I feel through the cracks when it comes to detecting and treating my cancer .
A yr ago I went to my usual annual general check up.
I had a few complains about my digestive system and bowel. So got tests but nothing showed up .
I was seeing the doctor off and on through 4or 5 months my acny was flairng up too and I had an area of am old cyse acting up on my chin..The cyse got bigger over 4 m but no push was coming out .
But no one thought it was cancer. I final went to the clinic and asked to see a dermatologist. They booked an apointment for 2 months. I tried to to get a sooner apointment with another doctor but was not able to .
The cyse double in size other the 2 month wait .
When I finally saw the dermatologist he looked at it all of 5 sec.and it cancer ,then booked me for a biopsy in another 3 weeks.
I know everything is just talking too long ,but I am told it is normal to take weeks.

I get the biopsy and told to come back in 3 weeks so.
But the doctor phones me a week after .and tells me I have stage three melanoma.
They book me an apointment at the hospital for the next Monday tor get a plastic surgeon to look at it and maybe remove.
At this point it is about the size of a loony under the skin.and the main tumor is like a large marble. They can't do the operation that day because it is more involved and difficult then just cut it out.

On that one day I managed to see my doctor get a chest xray and see two plastic surgeon. And get a body and head CT scan.things that should of happened 3 months earlier.

I strI'll have not got the full results from the xrays or CT scan.,just saw the size the the tumor
The plastic surgeon outLined what he wants to do.and that involves take the tissue offor half my chin and my lower lip. And basicly trying to remove all the tumor and at least a cm all around.

And then it will be over a yr to reconstruct it still won't look pretty. The loss of movement to the left side of mouth and other stuff that I can Imagen.
That is assuming the cancer has nother matastised to limp glands or other organs.if that the case the operation will compromise my imune system for a number of months and not able to fight the cancer.
Then it would probably be chemo and radiation or maybe some new drug if I qualifier.

The truth is I am not sold on that option.
So far I have been lucky in that it has not been that aggressive melanoma as we often here about.
But it is still growing and could go rouge at any time

With out no diagnosis for so long and no direction for treatment I was left with searching the internet for the past 4 month.and most of what comes up other the natural protocol. So I have been trying to work my way through them

I am trying the canabisoil , grape see exstract and first just Tumuric and black pepper ,now theracurmin,which is the active ingredient bin Tumuric.
Also try changing lots of green vegatables and fruits.

I have tried to keep a positive attitude but my nature it is to see the worse ,and I have accepted that is could be terminal. In many ways that is easy to accept.
Trying to accept a long fight and havingained peices cut off bit by bit and feeling like crap for months all with the hope of serviving longer .that is more frightening and not appealing.

I have not given up and I am considering what ever is proposed .but I may say no.to the choices.

I would well come to here of any one that has gone though different treatment.Ether on here or by PM

Yes I have a band aid on it just so I don't have to look at it
Or any one else.
All I can suggest is be the squeaky wheel and phone them every day. Emphasize you are ready and willing to take anyone else's appointment that they are unable to make. Canceled appointments occur all the time.

I am speaking from personal and a family member's cancer. Let them know you aren't gonna sit back and wait for your appointments. Find out when the booking clerk starts and in a friendly positive way let them know you are actively seeking treatment. Most will look on this as a positive and may try and help you.

I take it you are in the health region covering the Island and Gulf Islands? Ask if it's possible to visit a clinic say in Nanaimo or wherever ? Maybe Victoria is too busy? I don't know. All I do know is here in the GVRD I was able to travel to a clinic outside of greater Vancouver because mine was not deemed a high priority. The clinic I went to was booked three days after my diagnosis.

The other family member's cancer was more emergent and was dealt with very quickly.

Hope all goes well for you :thumb:

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006

johnsmit

May 4, 2013
The truth is I am not will to do or take any treatment they offer ..even if i dont it mean I die. Because the other side is I have to allso try to live with the results of the treatment and still it could be fighting cancer after

It seems that the standard with are medical is treat the symptoms not the cause. In the case of most cancer I know there could be many cause and they have been trying to educate us on taking care of our diet skin and environments better.
But when we get a cancer the first recommendation is cut it out. .Next is some types of radiation to get the missed or impossible to cut into areas and then chemo or these days some experimental gene or virus therapy. Some of those show promise..The side effects of cutting ,radiation and chemo is the imune system is screwed for many months and can help fight the cancer...

That's why I hesitate to just say cut away..
In my case like I said they want to take at lest have the flesh on my chin and half the lower lip may even have to take some jaw bone..Of course that because of the long wait to recognize and then biopsy to see what kind.

I never had the greatest self esteem in the first place and it was only as I neared 50 that I accepted that this is what I got very happy with it. Now I have to ask how will I cope with that kind of disfiguring and the result of reconstruction. I am very critical. Yes life is preferable to a early death and if it was hard disision like an arm or leg that would stop the cancer is think I would find it easier to make that disision because I see a chalenger in adapting and trying to make a better prostheses ,that's the way I am. And maybe even with this I could rise to the chalenger...But I don't have to much imputed on what they are going ton cut out and what there plastic reconstruction will consist of.. I may just end up using a part mask . I know it all unknown accept that if non of the none surgical ideas don't work I'll be worse off and probably dead in 6 month to a 1yr. And maybe wishing I had taken what they offered.

But I find it a tuff choise to make when other people claim some of these natural based treatment stop and killed their cancer.

Now for me it might be to late in the game and too little time to try them even though I have be doing a number of them through the last 3 months.

It hard to say if they helped.
Other then I don't that bad other then a little more tired but still can walk 6 km or more with out much of a problem.
And my lower internal condition seemed to improve through the last 4 or 5 months..

But again there are no test being run to see how my liver , kidney ,pancreas ,thyroid or other hormonal levels are in my body.
The fact that I had to ask that they check that the cancer has not spread is totally disconcerting and it seem they have no set protocal to go into when some is found to have cancer.

Through the yrs I have known a number of friends and family that had cancer
.I lost a half a dozen friend from different types of cancer all of them under 60..
In my own family cancer seem to effect 0ne out of three .but like my grandad dad he had mouth and later throat cancer and died of it at 87. In his family 5 out of ten sibling died of cancer.

My mother allso had cancer when she died at 90 and her sister died of a type of cancer at 84.. but that has come to be part of living longer also.

So I am not sure what is the answer .For one thing our family reaction has not been that fearfully of cancer because it just is a real part of everyday living we know many people's that die from its many forms and at the same time I also know a number of people that are survivors. I know there is hope. But I refuse to let it hold and control what quality of life I have and what I'll accept with a fear of dieing..

Death happen at the blink of an eye to young and old,to people with ever thing to live for and the hopeless.. that's real and it comes in many discises.
We think we can do so many things to avoid it but we only fool our selves .we have an expiry date , we usually don't know time what it is set for. And if we did we would not be satisfied with the time we had or what all we did in that time..

Of course these us allways the big question, is there more to life and more to death and we each answer that in our own belief that bring us comfort.posiable hope and peace in our final hour.

Last edited:

Total Slacker

Older Newbie
Jan 8, 2015
out looking for a rug
Theracurmin is very good. Take 4 - 5 per day. Also take the following supplements: CoQ10/Ubiquinol, Turkeytail mushroom, resveratrol, grapeseed extract, and artemisinin to be paired with flax seed oil at night. Also get the artemisinin capsules and break them open and make a paste out of that and flax seed oil and apply it topically.

Use a large 2.3L Bormioli glass jug, you can get them from London Drugs, and steep 4 bags of decaf green tea, 3/4 - 1 cup of freshly sliced ginger, and 2 large or 3 med lemons. Quarter the lemons and squeeze the shit out of them using your thumb to crush the pulp and even release it into the jug. Make sure you rinse and scrub the lemons in warmer water before you use them to get any residue off. Throw one of the quartered lemons right into the mix too. Consume warm or cold over a few days. It taste awful but exceptionally good for you.

This is a start and it needs to be your routine. Be aggressive.

Best of luck to you.

Total Slacker

Older Newbie
Jan 8, 2015
out looking for a rug
I wonder about that all the time. Our medical system is greatly influenced by pharmaceutical companies. They would never want a person to fully recover. That's why the medicine is usually targeted at curing the symptoms. I am not an expert in this field but I have been told that Aleopathy focuses on symptoms while Homeopathy and traditional medicines from China and India focus on curing the disease. Aleopathic medicines (seem to) work quicker because they tend to get rid of the symptoms first. But that is a topic for another day.

Anyway, we all wish you well. Get well soon John.

T8E
Cures are bad for share prices. That is fact.

60s-Rocker

Oct 19, 2009
Surrey
Google "Hayley Mills" then select the link to Wikipedia. Now scroll down to the last paragraph under the heading of Personal Life. Take special note of the text regarding Alternate Treatment. You may be able to find out more about this by using Google. Whatever it was it seems to have worked for her as she claims to be completely rid of her breast cancer now. Hope this at least cheers you up a bit. What you are going through is really stressful and scary. Good luck.

Rock on

MissingOne

awake but not woke
Jan 2, 2006
One can get an MRI nearly immediately if it's absolutely required. If you walk in the ER having a stroke you'll get an MRI before you walk out. The system prioritizes need reasonably well.
A couple of years ago I was having chest pains. I went to the local walk-in clinic, where there's normally about a one-hour wait. However, as a guy in his mid-sixties experiencing chest pains, I was seen immediately. The doctor checked me over very thoroughly, and decided that I probably wasn't about to have a heart attack. Nevertheless, he sent me to the local hospital where I got the full suite of imaging and diagnostics to check for heart problems, immediately. YVR is correct, the system can and does act quickly in situations that might be critical.

That said, it is undoubtedly frustrating and scary for those who find themselves waiting weeks or months for diagnoses and treatments that are deemed to be less urgent. The thing is, we get the medical system that we're willing to pay for with our taxes and premiums.

FreeG

Dec 25, 2015
Back to topic: very best of luck, JS and as others have said, don't hesitate to vent/celebrate/curse/etc on the forum whenever you feel like it. As a positive contributor to the forum, the least we can do is provide you some moral support when needed.

Being the squeaky wheel is the best advice here. Ask a million questions, don't leave the office till you're satisfied with the answer, do independent research (from reputable sites, be cautious about snake-oil, cure-all sites!), and hold the doctors accountable. I know quite a few doctors - the only thing that separates most from the general population is they generally have a better memory and quicker recall than average. Otherwise they're human and no smarter on much of life than anyone else. And they're definitely NOT infallible or omnipotent.

johnsmit

May 4, 2013
Yah it funny that some times you can get all the test needing with in hours or day and which I have had happen.and then there is allso the other side of my story where the whole cancer diagnosis fell through the cracks.

It did not seem like can certain so no one wasin a hurry to get a biopsy. It will mean the different a between surviving this or not. Because one the treatment gets too radical in how much they want to cut out , and if it goes to drugs that make me feel worse then the disease.
I'll won't be up for much of .

I have to admit that I have a lot of time to think through my life and use as I hold and some changed in last 6 month.
Mainly what I think about as quality of live and how we go thorough to extreme procedures to hang on the life. And that that consumers all our thoughts and energy ,but we miss out on the last months we have of life when none of those measures work.

Part of any terminal sickness helping others under stand how you feel about life and death and elevating you family and friends concern for you . I don't think they need to be sorry for my posiable death. I accept it as part of every ones life and I am content with what I have done in my life .
Of course we all ways could of done more or wanted to do this and that. But if I am waiting for my last moments of living then that was pretty foolish on my part.
So I am not really going to try to even think ni have to get this done or that be for I die. It was not important enough before so it sure isn't now.

I should get a will done . I don't really have any thing of value to others and I have thousands I owe,which was not going to get payed any ways.

Probably what us important to me is just let myou sister know how dispose of my drawings and let the few friends I know that I passed away when that time comes.
As for my burial I don't know be cause I have no coffin, burial site of funeral payed for.
I thought of being buried but cremation will be most likely.

I course I still don't know when that time will be buthe the monger this cancer goes with out positive treatment the likelihood that vital goes from bad to worse is very high..

If some of these alternative supplements I take help that woukd be a blessing ..but I am operating in the blind with most of it because there is not much of a support mechanism for it use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vancouver Escorts