Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: Can't fix cancer with a band aid!!!!

  1. #1

    Can't fix cancer with a band aid!!!!

    Yes it turns out I have cancer.and I have had it for over 8 months with out any real course of treatment .

    It seems I feel through the cracks when it comes to detecting and treating my cancer .
    A yr ago I went to my usual annual general check up.
    I had a few complains about my digestive system and bowel. So got tests but nothing showed up .
    I was seeing the doctor off and on through 4or 5 months my acny was flairng up too and I had an area of am old cyse acting up on my chin..The cyse got bigger over 4 m but no push was coming out .
    But no one thought it was cancer. I final went to the clinic and asked to see a dermatologist. They booked an apointment for 2 months. I tried to to get a sooner apointment with another doctor but was not able to .
    The cyse double in size other the 2 month wait .
    When I finally saw the dermatologist he looked at it all of 5 sec.and it cancer ,then booked me for a biopsy in another 3 weeks.
    I know everything is just talking too long ,but I am told it is normal to take weeks.

    I get the biopsy and told to come back in 3 weeks so.
    But the doctor phones me a week after .and tells me I have stage three melanoma.
    They book me an apointment at the hospital for the next Monday tor get a plastic surgeon to look at it and maybe remove.
    At this point it is about the size of a loony under the skin.and the main tumor is like a large marble. They can't do the operation that day because it is more involved and difficult then just cut it out.

    On that one day I managed to see my doctor get a chest xray and see two plastic surgeon. And get a body and head CT scan.things that should of happened 3 months earlier.

    I strI'll have not got the full results from the xrays or CT scan.,just saw the size the the tumor
    The plastic surgeon outLined what he wants to do.and that involves take the tissue offor half my chin and my lower lip. And basicly trying to remove all the tumor and at least a cm all around.

    And then it will be over a yr to reconstruct it still won't look pretty. The loss of movement to the left side of mouth and other stuff that I can Imagen.
    That is assuming the cancer has nother matastised to limp glands or other organs.if that the case the operation will compromise my imune system for a number of months and not able to fight the cancer.
    Then it would probably be chemo and radiation or maybe some new drug if I qualifier.

    The truth is I am not sold on that option.
    So far I have been lucky in that it has not been that aggressive melanoma as we often here about.
    But it is still growing and could go rouge at any time

    With out no diagnosis for so long and no direction for treatment I was left with searching the internet for the past 4 month.and most of what comes up other the natural protocol. So I have been trying to work my way through them

    I am trying the canabisoil , grape see exstract and first just Tumuric and black pepper ,now theracurmin,which is the active ingredient bin Tumuric.
    Also try changing lots of green vegatables and fruits.

    I have tried to keep a positive attitude but my nature it is to see the worse ,and I have accepted that is could be terminal. In many ways that is easy to accept.
    Trying to accept a long fight and havingained peices cut off bit by bit and feeling like crap for months all with the hope of serviving longer .that is more frightening and not appealing.

    I have not given up and I am considering what ever is proposed .but I may say no.to the choices.

    I would well come to here of any one that has gone though different treatment.Ether on here or by PM

    Yes I have a band aid on it just so I don't have to look at it
    Or any one else.
    Last edited by johnsmit; 07-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Check your closet..:)
    Posts
    2,317
    Sometimes I wonder if Cancer treatment is just a big scam or money making business.
    Cancer of any kind is very very real.
    You would think that by now they would have found a cure.
    But then if they find a cure, all the money for research and all the staff and the big drug company is not coming in.
    So maybe the bandaid solution is keeping people wealthy.

    Thanks for keeping us informed. The PERB family is behind you.

    Cheers
    Loki
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,057
    Where there's life, there's hope, John. Hang in there.

    Loki, I know medical researchers. They aren't getting wealthy off this and they chose the profession because they want to help. There's no cure because cancer is complicated, a fundamental malfunction of basic cellular processes. It's not because they're stalling. They're dancing as fast as they can, as the saying goes.

    The telomere theory suggests that cancer is so complicated we evolved to die of old age because programmed cell death was the best defence against cancer (i.e. out of control cell growth) nature had to offer.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Cancer treatment is just a big scam or money making business.
    Cancer of any kind is very very real.
    You would think that by now they would have found a cure.
    But then if they find a cure, all the money for research and all the staff and the big drug company is not coming in.
    So maybe the bandaid solution is keeping people wealthy.

    Thanks for keeping us informed. The PERB family is behind you.

    Cheers
    Loki
    I wonder about that all the time. Our medical system is greatly influenced by pharmaceutical companies. They would never want a person to fully recover. That's why the medicine is usually targeted at curing the symptoms. I am not an expert in this field but I have been told that Aleopathy focuses on symptoms while Homeopathy and traditional medicines from China and India focus on curing the disease. Aleopathic medicines (seem to) work quicker because they tend to get rid of the symptoms first. But that is a topic for another day.

    Anyway, we all wish you well. Get well soon John.

    T8E
    I screw I review


    (, v ,)

    `\i/`

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,966
    I have friends in nuclear medicine and have audited a few courses.
    It is unbelievably difficult. Very difficult to get in, very difficult to graduate.
    It's like taking a tough nuclear physics course and pre med at the same time.
    So the bottleneck in waiting for MRI or CT scans is the lack of staff. And a lot move to the US where they can make as much as a doctor.

  6. #6
    Take care mate. Send me a pm if you would like to chat.
    Red Baron

  7. #7
    Take care of yourself and get well friend.

    I won't offer advice. I have personal experience with cancer treatment. I don't regret any of the choices I made, but it was no damn fun. My thoughts are with you.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Cancer treatment is just a big scam or money making business.
    Cancer of any kind is very very real.
    You would think that by now they would have found a cure.
    But then if they find a cure, all the money for research and all the staff and the big drug company is not coming in.
    So maybe the bandaid solution is keeping people wealthy.
    I'm not so cynical. I don't trust the drug companies, and no doubt some private clinics are just it for the money. However, I found the people I dealt with in our medical system to be sincere, caring and helpful, and I'm sure that they would have been as happy to have had an inexpensive instant cure to offer as I would have been to receive one.

    As for finding a cure, there are thousands of researchers at universities and elsewhere working had to find better treatments and cures. Some do it because they care, some do it for money, some do it for glory, and some do it purely out of scientific curiosity. Humans being what they are, I have no doubt that some want to keep the gravy train rolling, but I think that the majority of researchers sincerely want to find cures and, better yet, preventions.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,966
    To think there is a cure in file folder somewhere is to under estimate how complex cancer is, and how difficult it is to develop modern drugs.

    Lots of drugs fail clinical trials after their makers have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on them.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    10,055
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmit View Post
    Yes it turns out I have cancer.and I have had it for over 8 months with out any real course of treatment .

    It seems I feel through the cracks when it comes to detecting and treating my cancer .
    A yr ago I went to my usual annual general check up.
    I had a few complains about my digestive system and bowel. So got tests but nothing showed up .
    I was seeing the doctor off and on through 4or 5 months my acny was flairng up too and I had an area of am old cyse acting up on my chin..The cyse got bigger over 4 m but no push was coming out .
    But no one thought it was cancer. I final went to the clinic and asked to see a dermatologist. They booked an apointment for 2 months. I tried to to get a sooner apointment with another doctor but was not able to .
    The cyse double in size other the 2 month wait .
    When I finally saw the dermatologist he looked at it all of 5 sec.and it cancer ,then booked me for a biopsy in another 3 weeks.
    I know everything is just talking too long ,but I am told it is normal to take weeks.

    I get the biopsy and told to come back in 3 weeks so.
    But the doctor phones me a week after .and tells me I have stage three melanoma.
    They book me an apointment at the hospital for the next Monday tor get a plastic surgeon to look at it and maybe remove.
    At this point it is about the size of a loony under the skin.and the main tumor is like a large marble. They can't do the operation that day because it is more involved and difficult then just cut it out.

    On that one day I managed to see my doctor get a chest xray and see two plastic surgeon. And get a body and head CT scan.things that should of happened 3 months earlier.

    I strI'll have not got the full results from the xrays or CT scan.,just saw the size the the tumor
    The plastic surgeon outLined what he wants to do.and that involves take the tissue offor half my chin and my lower lip. And basicly trying to remove all the tumor and at least a cm all around.

    And then it will be over a yr to reconstruct it still won't look pretty. The loss of movement to the left side of mouth and other stuff that I can Imagen.
    That is assuming the cancer has nother matastised to limp glands or other organs.if that the case the operation will compromise my imune system for a number of months and not able to fight the cancer.
    Then it would probably be chemo and radiation or maybe some new drug if I qualifier.

    The truth is I am not sold on that option.
    So far I have been lucky in that it has not been that aggressive melanoma as we often here about.
    But it is still growing and could go rouge at any time

    With out no diagnosis for so long and no direction for treatment I was left with searching the internet for the past 4 month.and most of what comes up other the natural protocol. So I have been trying to work my way through them

    I am trying the canabisoil , grape see exstract and first just Tumuric and black pepper ,now theracurmin,which is the active ingredient bin Tumuric.
    Also try changing lots of green vegatables and fruits.

    I have tried to keep a positive attitude but my nature it is to see the worse ,and I have accepted that is could be terminal. In many ways that is easy to accept.
    Trying to accept a long fight and havingained peices cut off bit by bit and feeling like crap for months all with the hope of serviving longer .that is more frightening and not appealing.

    I have not given up and I am considering what ever is proposed .but I may say no.to the choices.

    I would well come to here of any one that has gone though different treatment.Ether on here or by PM

    Yes I have a band aid on it just so I don't have to look at it
    Or any one else.
    All I can suggest is be the squeaky wheel and phone them every day. Emphasize you are ready and willing to take anyone else's appointment that they are unable to make. Canceled appointments occur all the time.

    I am speaking from personal and a family member's cancer. Let them know you aren't gonna sit back and wait for your appointments. Find out when the booking clerk starts and in a friendly positive way let them know you are actively seeking treatment. Most will look on this as a positive and may try and help you.

    I take it you are in the health region covering the Island and Gulf Islands? Ask if it's possible to visit a clinic say in Nanaimo or wherever ? Maybe Victoria is too busy? I don't know. All I do know is here in the GVRD I was able to travel to a clinic outside of greater Vancouver because mine was not deemed a high priority. The clinic I went to was booked three days after my diagnosis.

    The other family member's cancer was more emergent and was dealt with very quickly.

    Hope all goes well for you


    ‘No-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’

    Barack Obama




  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    All I can suggest is be the squeaky wheel ...
    I endorse BBB's advice.

  12. #12
    The truth is I am not will to do or take any treatment they offer ..even if i dont it mean I die. Because the other side is I have to allso try to live with the results of the treatment and still it could be fighting cancer after

    It seems that the standard with are medical is treat the symptoms not the cause. In the case of most cancer I know there could be many cause and they have been trying to educate us on taking care of our diet skin and environments better.
    But when we get a cancer the first recommendation is cut it out. .Next is some types of radiation to get the missed or impossible to cut into areas and then chemo or these days some experimental gene or virus therapy. Some of those show promise..The side effects of cutting ,radiation and chemo is the imune system is screwed for many months and can help fight the cancer...

    That's why I hesitate to just say cut away..
    In my case like I said they want to take at lest have the flesh on my chin and half the lower lip may even have to take some jaw bone..Of course that because of the long wait to recognize and then biopsy to see what kind.

    I never had the greatest self esteem in the first place and it was only as I neared 50 that I accepted that this is what I got very happy with it. Now I have to ask how will I cope with that kind of disfiguring and the result of reconstruction. I am very critical. Yes life is preferable to a early death and if it was hard disision like an arm or leg that would stop the cancer is think I would find it easier to make that disision because I see a chalenger in adapting and trying to make a better prostheses ,that's the way I am. And maybe even with this I could rise to the chalenger...But I don't have to much imputed on what they are going ton cut out and what there plastic reconstruction will consist of.. I may just end up using a part mask . I know it all unknown accept that if non of the none surgical ideas don't work I'll be worse off and probably dead in 6 month to a 1yr. And maybe wishing I had taken what they offered.

    But I find it a tuff choise to make when other people claim some of these natural based treatment stop and killed their cancer.

    Now for me it might be to late in the game and too little time to try them even though I have be doing a number of them through the last 3 months.

    It hard to say if they helped.
    Other then I don't that bad other then a little more tired but still can walk 6 km or more with out much of a problem.
    And my lower internal condition seemed to improve through the last 4 or 5 months..

    But again there are no test being run to see how my liver , kidney ,pancreas ,thyroid or other hormonal levels are in my body.
    The fact that I had to ask that they check that the cancer has not spread is totally disconcerting and it seem they have no set protocal to go into when some is found to have cancer.

    Through the yrs I have known a number of friends and family that had cancer
    .I lost a half a dozen friend from different types of cancer all of them under 60..
    In my own family cancer seem to effect 0ne out of three .but like my grandad dad he had mouth and later throat cancer and died of it at 87. In his family 5 out of ten sibling died of cancer.

    My mother allso had cancer when she died at 90 and her sister died of a type of cancer at 84.. but that has come to be part of living longer also.

    So I am not sure what is the answer .For one thing our family reaction has not been that fearfully of cancer because it just is a real part of everyday living we know many people's that die from its many forms and at the same time I also know a number of people that are survivors. I know there is hope. But I refuse to let it hold and control what quality of life I have and what I'll accept with a fear of dieing..

    Death happen at the blink of an eye to young and old,to people with ever thing to live for and the hopeless.. that's real and it comes in many discises.
    We think we can do so many things to avoid it but we only fool our selves .we have an expiry date , we usually don't know time what it is set for. And if we did we would not be satisfied with the time we had or what all we did in that time..

    Of course these us allways the big question, is there more to life and more to death and we each answer that in our own belief that bring us comfort.posiable hope and peace in our final hour.
    Last edited by johnsmit; 07-20-2017 at 05:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Older Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    out looking for a rug
    Posts
    37
    Theracurmin is very good. Take 4 - 5 per day. Also take the following supplements: CoQ10/Ubiquinol, Turkeytail mushroom, resveratrol, grapeseed extract, and artemisinin to be paired with flax seed oil at night. Also get the artemisinin capsules and break them open and make a paste out of that and flax seed oil and apply it topically.

    Use a large 2.3L Bormioli glass jug, you can get them from London Drugs, and steep 4 bags of decaf green tea, 3/4 - 1 cup of freshly sliced ginger, and 2 large or 3 med lemons. Quarter the lemons and squeeze the shit out of them using your thumb to crush the pulp and even release it into the jug. Make sure you rinse and scrub the lemons in warmer water before you use them to get any residue off. Throw one of the quartered lemons right into the mix too. Consume warm or cold over a few days. It taste awful but exceptionally good for you.

    This is a start and it needs to be your routine. Be aggressive.

    Best of luck to you.

  14. #14
    Thanks for a number of the suggestion.

  15. #15
    Older Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    out looking for a rug
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by take8easy View Post
    I wonder about that all the time. Our medical system is greatly influenced by pharmaceutical companies. They would never want a person to fully recover. That's why the medicine is usually targeted at curing the symptoms. I am not an expert in this field but I have been told that Aleopathy focuses on symptoms while Homeopathy and traditional medicines from China and India focus on curing the disease. Aleopathic medicines (seem to) work quicker because they tend to get rid of the symptoms first. But that is a topic for another day.

    Anyway, we all wish you well. Get well soon John.

    T8E
    Cures are bad for share prices. That is fact.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •